- Last post
- 22 Responses
to bad there cars blow!
- That's beginning to change though.waterhouse
- yeah? since when?Bender
- The new Malibu and Pontiac G6 are supposedly great cars. They've been trying extra hard in recent years to catch up.waterhouse
- thank you. that was nessessary (sic).Gucci
new camaro is slick....but I still prefer the late 60's models..maybe the early 70's....beyond that, forget it.
I can just see one of these up for auction 50 years from now and revel in all the promise and anticipation that can be read into this badge. It's a simple one but I'm trying to say it seems to me to look a little timeless.
- Yeah, but the gold they added to the Chevy mark a few years ago totally blows. Trampy looking, frankly.boobs
this is the beginning to the resurrection of GM
- yummm. Kappa has one that reminds me of this:
- why does everyone have a hardon for this car?flashbender
- I love it. Hope to add one to my garage this next spring.ETM
the problem with electric cars is that they have to burn coal to run power plants and the batteries wear out after 5 years
- electricity could also come from renewable resouces.neverblink
- or limitless cheap electricity from fusion, if they will just hurry up and solve it...ribit
- All you have to do is build enough renewable energy plants. Hydro, wind, solar. Problem solved.eegrek
- but all of those aren't very efficient (same of course for fusion until they solve it)ribit
- we could also all just ride bikes and take the train.cannonball
- We could go nuclear. Nuclear is totally, utterly completely clean. Until you have a catastrophic disaster.boobs
I think electric cars (electric everything, really) run from fusion power stations is the real long-term answer. If they can solve fusion we can jump past the whole hydrogen,renewables, solar thing and get onto just tapping into the fundamentals of the universe... Its practically as good as magic, if we can work it out.
- with the bonus of a total collapse of the middle eastLlyod
- Hydro potential is still huge in Canada. And the US/CDN coast can host wind. and desert for solar.eegrek
- Hydro is a problem, because dams ruin ecosystems on a large scale.boobs
I'm sure cold fusion will solved anytime now
The problem is your concept car looks passable as a cool car, the reality production car is just a Prius rip-off someday american car companies will figure out that they actually hire designers to design these cars and to think more than 2 months ahead of the industry, and we wonder why almost everything that comes out of the US sucks..............good job Douche Bags
- The Prius sells fairly well and looks like crap.Mimio
- Who's the ugly guy turning off potential customers? Fucking ugly tie, too.boobs
I'm starting to like American cars more.
Too bad it's so cool to hate American cars.
show me an American car that is well designed and I will show you the non-American car they ripped it off from
- What's a well designed car in your estimation?Mimio
- Anyway, I'd say that the current Saturn and Ford line-ups are pretty solid styling wise.Mimio
- wait a second ... didn't americans invent the bloody thing? give them a bit of credit. they started the whole thing.Gucci
- actually http://www.loc.gov/r… ford made the first production car, more importantly i thought you dudes on this site new good design when you see it, if you can't tell american cars ar poorly designed god help and good luckpreys
- Latest Viper is pretty badass.
i don't like it. i hate that stroke thing.
thanks ribit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/His…
One electric car i'd have.
Built by americans designed by Lotus! 0-60 3.2 seconds
thats what i am talking about
More pics and specs here:
- Not bad at all.Mimio
- It's still a DaewooBender
- It looks more like a Pontiac than a Chevy. Okay looking, but sooo far from the concept car.ETM
- Very Civic-like at the back.kingsteven
- yep. civicflashbender
- ...and i dont really give a shit about cars. just ask flashbender.lvl_13
Taken from Daring Fireball....
Ask Apple CEO Steve Jobs about it, and he’ll tell you an instructive little story. Call it the Parable of the Concept Car. “Here’s what you find at a lot of companies,” he says, kicking back in a conference room at Apple’s gleaming white Silicon Valley headquarters, which looks something like a cross between an Ivy League university and an iPod. “You know how you see a show car, and it’s really cool, and then four years later you see the production car, and it sucks? And you go, What happened? They had it! They had it in the palm of their hands! They grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory!
“What happened was, the designers came up with this really great idea. Then they take it to the engineers, and the engineers go, ‘Nah, we can’t do that. That’s impossible.’ And so it gets a lot worse. Then they take it to the manufacturing people, and they go, ‘We can’t build that!’ And it gets a lot worse.”
- That's why the best designers are also engineers.Mimio
- Concept cars aren't usually intended as production prototypes though.Mimio
- But the original Viper, the new Challenger and Camero ended up 95% like their concepts...ETM
- I want skirted rear wheel to come back into fashion.flashbender
- Its aerodynamic :)ETM