- Last post
- 14 Responses
Hey Boys and Girls.
I need to get a screen for my Mac Book 13 Inch baby. I want to get a 24 Inch and cant really cash out on a Apple brand screen.
So Anyone know of any good ones out there...brands, matt, gloss, monitors.
Oh and budget is £200 - £250.
Happy with my Dell Ultrasharp. Running on a 15" mbp.
Its gloss but the contrast is great.
I have the Acer X235H... it's amazing! really affordable on newegg and the color is bang on like my eizo at the office .
Dell ones are supposed to be the same screen as macs, but the cases are just horrible and cheap.
samsung or Acer with £250
I have this and LOVE it...
Samsung T220 Black/Red 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor
It comes in 24" too I believe
I'm viewing the Eizo FlexScan S2242W.
Once a top end drafting-architect monitor, they have embraced the development in the graphics world very nicely. I would have to say they're products are top value for your money. And the viewing angle is just soo nice. My five stars.
I think Dell makes a 24" LED (Not LCD) for around $250US
Does anybody have any intel on the Dell S series?
The 27” one is half price right now. Shall I go for it as a designer or do I have to shell out for the U series?
- If by "U series" you mean ultrasharp, I would shell out the money for it. Ultrasharp has been my go-to for over 15 years now. Significantly better than standardnocomply
- Thanks. As suspected.Hayzilla
- Here you go: https://www.amazon.c…grafician
- You can survive on the S series if you’re doing UX or UI but even then it is a bummer to work on. U series are worth the extra money.nb
- Get the Ultrasharp and be aware that there are different ones in that line, too, with very different specs. Look at the details, they matter.formed
U - if you can find one, good luck!
- They’re in stock at Walmart for $550monospaced
- U2720Q or UP2720Q?grafician
- This one: https://www.walmart.…
Not buying from "antonline.com"
- Or Best Buy for the same price. Not sure what antononline is. Maybe you don’t see US sites and prices?monospaced
- Point is it’s easy to find. The U2720Q. I have it myself. It’s so available you can get it at Walmart or Best Buy for cheap.monospaced
- Or directly from Dell. https://deals.dell.c… Cheapmonospaced
- You fucking Idiot.monospaced
- "You fucking idiot" the rest of the world does not live in the fucking US of A LOL
And those 2 monitors are hard to come by in other countries!grafician
- Change the fucking country on Dell.com other than the US and you will see you can't buy that shit!
Entitled prick LOLgrafician
- if you look on Walmart AS YOU SAID the only available monitor is sold by ANTONLINE.COM if you access that it's a dead website! SO, CHECK before speaking!grafician
- Also if you bothered to look, Hayzilla is in the fucking UK so good luck shipping that "DEAL" to the UK and still get a good pricegrafician
- @mono lately you just post your opinions on my posts without fucking checking if they're valid! Check yourself first! It's rude to contradict ppl for no reasongrafician
- @mono also next time I will straight up ignore you for an idiot and move on, tired of showing you're dumb wrong!grafician
- I only called you that because you called me an idiot first, after giving you truthful honest info.monospaced
- The walmart site has lots of sellers, not just the one you insist is there. I wouldn't speak without checking.monospaced
- You're insisting your experience is the gospel, and mine is wrong. But the monitor is available on walmart.monospaced
- I was clear out front I was using US listings. But you called me an idiot. You did, first.monospaced
- So yeah, I posted and checked if it was valid. You're the one freaking out.monospaced
- And the one you linked? That isn't showing as antonline for me, so you're basically doing the exact same thing. Think about that yourself before insulting. Plsmonospaced
Fuck me, how did you turn this into a big fight LOL.
Anyway thanks guys. I'll get that Dell-U2720Q if I can!
You fucking idiots ;-)
- If you’re not in the US then graf says good luck it can’t be found. Lol.monospaced
- do you have lenovo monitors in the us? I got a new lenovo and and old dell, the lenovo stands are higher, so I can place the laptop right under it.uan
- plus it has a groove in the stand to place an ipad and phone in there. maybe dell has those design tweaks also. but those made me buy a lenovo this time.uan
- Dell should pay us commission, I've recommended this model a lotgrafician
- they don‘t even pay taxes, why should they pay commissions.uan
Get an ultra widescreen! SO much extra space for all your toolbars
Best purchase, so much better than a big regular format monitor
LG Ultrafine 5K is what I've been using for a few years and I love it. I have two of them now.
So my company didn't approve a Dell Ultra. Too expensive, so I got a cheaper model. It's 28" - 4K - 3840 x 2160 and seems well reviewed.
I bought it in readiness, to use along side the M1 laptop when it comes out later this year to replace this 2013 iMac I'm using now. But thought I'd get it now as I can use it as an external for this iMac until then.
Thing is, the highest res I can go up to is 1920 x 1080, which needless to say looks awfully blurry and big this close up. Does newer Apple kit let you go to higher resolutions? I'm worried now that this 4K monitor is a waste of money if the new laptop wont let me use it's potential. Help please. Do I need to send it back?
- I had that problem once with a dell monitor and a 2012 mbp. google monitor type and imac model, you'll probably find a solution.uan
- It's this one btw. https://www.techrada…Hayzilla
- Might be an issue with the old iMac but there are some hidden options that you'll find in the displays preferences:Daithi
- See the bit about 'Press and hold option key' which shows way more options. I'm running a 4k monitor off a 2019 MBP and it has to drop to 30fps to workDaithi
- Last note is that your choice of cable might influence options tooDaithi
- Not sure whats happening, but are you using a high speed HDMI cable? A high speed cable is supposed to be used for 4k support.Sellies
- Also, all new Macs with M1 chip can run at full resolution 3840 x 1600 at 144Hz. But if the monitor/display cant handle the Hz, it will default to 1080p.Sellies
- All Apple computers have been able to drive multiple 4k displays for many years.monospaced
- Also, make sure you get the right USB-C cable that is powerful enough to support the Hz and power to the display and Laptop.
Some shit ones out there.Sellies
- Thanks guys. It was because my imac is too old! Counting the days for the new laptops now.Hayzilla
^^ Thank you guys. Panic over.
It was because I was using a vga cable apparently.
I plugged my wife's 2015 macbook into it with HDI and presto!!
Sorry for the twatty question, I've not bought any new computer equipment in 9 years.