- Last post
- 59 Responses
The yoga part itself is amazing.
I've been considering this or Insanity. I prefer the p90x workout but don't have space so will end up doing Insanity at some point.
The "at some point" means it'll never happen, but oh well.
Friends that have done p90x and insanity say they were both great. One of my mates did three cycles of insanity and basically went from couch-potato to fit and active guy. Others have not completed a cycle but still enjoyed it and seen benefits.
Doing T25 now (same guy from Insanity, but only 25 minutes instead of 45 minutes). Easy to continue doing everyday, it's only 25 mins. Its physically harder than the first set of discs in Insanity but the shortened time makes it bearable. It's a shitload of squats and burpees though. You're literally sprinting for 25 minutes, as fast as you can go, no breaks. The ab routine in it kicks ass too, way better than p90x's or Insanity's. Insanity is a bit much, especially when you get to the 2nd set of discs (it really is insane and hard to keep up with or not feel like you're having a heart attack). 45 minutes sucks a big one too. Lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks so far w/ T25.
so is the main difference between p90x and insanity the need for equipment, barbells and a pullup bar in the p90x vs your own body weight in insanity?
my wife and I did it for a few weeks....definitely saw some results...but i didn't stick with it....
however, it did get me off my ass long enough to get in shape a bit, and instead of sticking with p90x or whatever, i joined a boxing gym....which I've stuck to going atleast 4 times a week for the past 4 years....
so although i didn't stick with p90...i'd say its what initially motivated me to trying to get fit....
any before/after pics of qbners?
anyone still doing this?
Does anyone here have a few of the Insanity DVD's ripped that I could get from them? I want to try it out, but not order the entire thing yet.
Love P90X, but not sure I want to spend more on cardio routines, so wanted to check it.
"turns out the secret part of p90x is that it makes you look super gay."
do you have a before and after pics?
i'm developing the p45x. same results in half the time.
Seems like a handful of people have strong opinions about this program and that's totally fine. Some people need a little guidance with their workouts (like me). 70% of the pushup and pullup variations I never would have known if I didn't do the program. I did it for the 90 days and it's a solid workout routine. If you stick with it and eat healthy, you'll have great results.
I know a couple of bodybuilder/MMA people... they say RIppetoe and Kilgore is their litmus test, they ask a trainer if he/she's heard of it, what they think.. if the answer isn't interesting, they don't take the trainer seriously...
It's almost as if different things work for different people, depending on their starting point, metabolism, goals, etc...
p90x is more of a marketing ploy - isolation exercises, don't work for the average person, ab ripper x is totally useless and there's no such thing as "muscle confusion", plateauing is inevitable. If you want to get into shape read this:
- thats odd it seems to be working pretty good for me. There is more then one way to workout you know.mightyj
- hard to believe a shinless golfer giving advice on workoutstopic
- If you have no experience with P90X, then it's best to just not say anything at all. Sorry.twooh
"Why the need to "buy into" a program?"
'cause people don't understand that being in shape is the one thing you can't pay for
- or maybe they just want to learn new workouts without throwing down even more for a personal trainer?scarabin
- you don't need a trainer either...betelgeuse
- so people are supposed to be born with a complete repertoire of intensive, non-plateauing workouts and nutrition plans preprogrammed into their minds?scarabin
- pre-programmed into their minds? i understand your anti-capitalist "adbusters" approach, but these things can really help peoplescarabin
- really help peoplescarabin
- haha. i burned it I would never pay full price for something like this.HijoDMaite