- Last post
- 19 Responses
"French toast is a food made with bread and eggs. It is a Christmas time dessert in Portugal and Brazil and an Easter dessert in Spain. Where French toast is served as a sweet dish, milk, sugar, or cinnamon are also commonly added before frying, and it may be then topped with sugar, butter, fruit, syrup, or other items. Where it is a savory dish, it is generally fried with a pinch of salt, and then served with a sauce such as ketchup or mayonnaise."
who are these sick people putting mayonnaise on french toast
crispy fried and cinnamon sugar all the way.... mayonnaise is for BLTs, ketchup is for bbq sausages and french fries...
fuck I'm hungry now....
Mayo is good on fries
- true... if i'm eating fries with seafood I like tartare even more...BuddhaHat
- i hear brits use vinegarscarabin
- +3 on the mayo with fries. can't stand vinegar though... you lose all the beautiful crispyness.Amicus
- fish & chips + vinegardijitaq
- with fish + chips I use vinegar, ketchup and mayonnaise. + mushy peas. Fuck yizzle.set
they put mayo on tacos down here.
- i want me some 24th/Mission SF burritos.moldero
- beef or chicken meat tacos? I can dig it if it's chicken....BuddhaHat
- mostly beef down here, when i first moved down i was lookin for the chickenmoldero
- i've had those. carne asada tacos with beans from the pot and a little mayo.HijoDMaite
- that's just does not sound right.sea_sea
oh... fuck it. I'm going to get some fries and mayo. :)
Bleh. I had a stand off with my mother about mayo on my sandwiches when I was 7 or 8. It almost came to blows. I can eat it now that I'm older -- barely. I don't want it to stand out in the crowd when it comes to condiments.
I love that Japanese Kewpie mayo in those soft plastic bottles.... sooooo freakin good.
Uhh. Don't you mean Freedom Toast?
they put mayo in pizzas, disgusting.
when I was a kid Ranch dressing was for salad. now it's a fuckin dipping sauce for everything!
I think you guys are referring to a Monte Cristo or some form of Croque-monsieur
Any other Montrealers here that have never heard of mayo + french toast?
I like a savory french toast
Mayonnaise is an amazing thing.
Wow. All this time I thought french toast in english was a "croque-monsieur".
live and learn... we call them Rabanadas here.
fuck your fancy yankee french-toast-with-poncy-cinnamon shite.... good ol' british eggy bread FTW!
Break the eggs into a bowl and beat to break the yolks. Add the milk, salt, pepper and cream. Beat briefly to combine.
In a large low sided dish, lay out the slices of bread and pour the raw egg mixture over. Leave to soak for 2-5 minutes and turn the slices over. Let the eggy mixture soak right into the bread.
Heat the oil/butter combination in a frying pan over a medium heat. When these are hot (but not smoking) add the slices of egg infused bread pour the remaining egg over them and turn the heat down low.
Turn the bread after 5-7 minutes and leave for a further 4 minutes on the second side.
Serve on warm plates ideally with grilled tomatoes and bacon.