- Last post
- 17 Responses
I updated Flash Player yesterday and now I'm getting a message in Safari... "Plug-In Failure". I tried updating again, and checked my Safari prefs to make sure plug-ins are on.
I'm cut off from Youtube! Noooo! HTML5 Player, Why Have You Forsaken Me?
OSX 10.9.2 Mavericks
Anyone else having this problem?
Same thing happened to me. Restarted my iMac and still no worky. Re-installed Flash Player 11 instead.
Restarting didn't work for me. They say Flash player 11 has a security issue. I can live without Flash for a few weeks. Hopefully Adobe fixes it.
When Steve Jobs called Adobe "LAZY" and that Flash will soon be obsolete because, "the world is moving toward HTML5."
He was 100% correct.
Fuck You Adobe!
- the world was quite happy with flashhotroddy
- and that 'world' didn't buy any iPhones because they didn't run the beloved Flashmonospaced
- the world had no choice. android is not a choice for most apple usershotroddy
- Apple users are STILL less than 5% of "users," so your argument is completely null.monospaced
- Unless you're counting iPods ownersmonospaced
- the iPad is demonates the tablet markethotroddy
At least you don't need Flash for YouTube.
And the Adobe Cloud "blows monkey balls" as well!
Can someone please tell me why on god's green earth when i'm surfing' the facebook as of today on an iPad do vids not get served in html5 and i get an archaic, sniff-failing "please install flash player" alert? do they not have a guy over there who's answering ux is good to go on popular mobile devices? aren't we past these shenanigans? discuss.
nice quote on Bianchi link above:
insert rant about Apple’s iTunes profits being put before the animation concerns of some of their most loyal fans, here
There's a missing point with this Edge post, that's aimed for Designers, who usually can't code!
If you're a developer you should know what's the best library for you or for the project you're on.
HAY GUYZ, I'm just wondering if it's possible for anyone on the internet to ask a question about Flash without having to read this stupid debate for the millionth time.
Anyway, for those of you having problems with the new Flash Player, apparently it's a 2006 to 2007 Mac issue.
- i still love Flash... can I say that? :) (It still feeds me quite well)PonyBoy
- You can say anything you want. I just don't think anyone cares!nb
- you care... you care, manPonyBoy
- yep my issues was nly with my late 2007 iMac. New MBP retina has no issue.ok_not_ok
- Yeah, mine is a 2007 MBP.nb
From the cbianchi link...
"it may be time to embrace the control and performance of hand-coding animation"
Nope no no no.
FYI: Adobe plans to release an update on Wednesday to fix this issue.
FUCK YOU ADOBE!
I'm pleased to announce that Flash Player 220.127.116.11 for Mac is now available from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer…. This release resolves the crash described in this thread. As noted above, you can either download this immediately from adobe.com or wait for the update to be applied automatically, within 24 hours, via our recommended auto update mechanism. If you encounter any problems updating, please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-pla… for basic troubleshooting steps.
- Adobe.com, speaking in the first person.
lol @ Safari