- Last post
- 20 Responses
No mention of The Guardian yet?
Excellent reporting, and easily the best news website design out there (clear with good hierarchy, responsive, fast loading)
- the website isnt really good i think. And not responsive over here.benfal99
- Are you still seeing the old one? They rolled out the new one late last year after a beta period.
- oh i was on the UK version. The US version is nice!benfal99
I don't think of Drudge as a standard website. I think of it more as a 3 column list. Totally get what you're saying by comparison to other websites, but Drudge doesn't have or need sections or categories. There is a search feature but it's pretty crappy. I use Drudge for the "what is the breaking story?" type of use.
It would be fun to redesign it though. I can see several small enhancements making it far more enjoyable to use.
Yahoo News is journalism at it's worse.
- Big ass cheesy ad up top (no pun considering I create these). At least put nice ones up there.
- A mass of text that's hard to read. Literally a mass of text.
- 2/3rds of the pics on the page are banners.
- No way to go to a specific category (as far as I can tell)
- Search: It's basically hidden
(Unless it's appearing differently for me. OS X Yosemite / Safari)
- Has a nav, really, a big deal when I want to get to stuff fast.
- Pics and a bold headline: Easy when I'm quickly scanning for content I want to read.
- It's the opposite of Fox News.
- Search: Easy to find, can't miss it
- Drudge looks like the CSS isn't loadingbenfal99
- Benfal I think that all the time. Drudge even has an app, and it looks exactly the same.mg33
- Maybe thats why, I'd be surprised if thats how it should befyoucher1
- That's how it is. It's been that way since at least 1999.mg33
I'm amused that you say something as simple as Drudge is horrible, yet you post HuffingtonPost - one of the worst-designed websites in the history of computers. :D
CNN's app is great. Site, not so much now.
What are the best (good) news websites around thr World?
And when I say best, i'm talking about the quality of the reporting BUT also the quality of the website itself.
I wish the BBC news website would look better.