- Last post
- 25 Responses
i'm not aware of any "social contract", only coercion and brain washing one might benefit from. if i'm wrong, please show me the document. defacto solidarity is usually scarce and superficial, many times stopping at the most racist line, immediate blood ties (nuclear family).
did you ever sign or negotiate said contract?
did you give consent?
are babies held responsible for these contracts they made, or you don't have to be of sound mind or legal age to make such a great deal?
is there any collateral set aside by the ones who wrote the contract?
who interprets the clauses, is the power balance taken into account when doing so?
how proficient are you in contract law?
- I've always thought of a SC as a culture of accepted behaviour. that shifts and meandersGnash
- there's myriad of theses SC spheres that we each participate in daily; work, clients, sidewalk navigation, friends...Gnash
- yes, but its also used as reasoning or justification for democracysofas
- I think it's a byproduct of whatever type of govt is in power, not the other way aroundGnash
- look at 70's Iran -- woman were free to dress, educate, and live as they pleased. Govt changed, SC changed with itGnash
- i agree, except for the byproduct argument. the first line in wikipedia says...sofas
- back then the veil was a sign of their oppression, now it's a feminist marker to manyGnash
- "In..political philosophy, the social contract or..is a theory..that typically..addresses the questions origin and the legitimacy of the authority of the....sofas
- "...individual." I don't think it matters what state at what time. coercion was and is involved. not saying it's always bad to coerce, just that consent is...sofas
- rarely given.sofas
- some people are happy with the laws, but if you aren't you cannot disobey them with out violent consequencessofas
- how does one account for such variance in social behaviour between different states?Gnash
- the laws of that state define the limits and boundaries by which people interact.Gnash
- different power groups and structures exist in different states resulting in said variance. often powers at be cause "tyranny of majority". i agree with you...sofas
- ...about soft social contracts regarding norms, like manners where one can easily opt in or out, negotiate etc., but that's between people, when it comes to...sofas
- a citizen vs. a state, you are given "an offer you cannot refuse"sofas
- the whole idea of a social contract is that there is no document, it's not hard to understand, it's an accepted agreement in societymonospaced
- I don't remember accepting this agreement by signing it, verbally or any other meanssofas
Can you feel Chrsitmas time is almost here?
i wanna kill faggots
Louis CK is the unfunniest comedian ever,
• dog are dumb
• my wife, did I mention I had a WIFE
• I AM FAT
5 people in the crowd die of laughter...
Feminist will ask for pedophilia to be accepted as normal behaviours not a degeneracy,
I wish I was joking...
- Christ Georges. What???set
- You mean an infinitesimally small percentage of feminists, a very select few retards, might possibly suggest that.set
- You really need to watch your over generalisations. They're as bad as the people you're talking about.set
- for the love of god set calm down, this subject a joke almost 10years ago, now it's actually happening, http://www.phillymag…georgesIII
- btw brah, have you read the subject of this thread ;)georgesIII
- I'm perfectly calm and everything I said still stands. What's your point?set
- you are not going to get downvoted so just let it go lolyurimon
- downvote thread = post something controversial and let democracy run it's course. If you want to argue then you already lost megeorgesIII
- Yep, your warped viewpoint is unwavering. I understand that already.set
- We won't let you have your Downvote!pango
- we love pedos, upvoted!moldero
Kanye's music is relevant to me as a white suburban man.
Kim Kardashian is a valuable member of society and we are lucky she is given endorsement deals for no reason.
Kim kardashian is pretty fuckn hot
Designers get paid to much.
Daft punk's last album is the best EDM album of this century
I want to downvote the OP.
- It's funny because it's rape.ORAZAL
- Joking about rape. Downvotedukit2
- hey ukit, orazal is joking, not funny. take it back...yurimon
- You do realise you're moaning about being downvoted will spur qbn culture to downvote every post you ever make from now on, don't you?set
- and that, my friend, is comedy.set
- ah its ok. i'm leaving eventually. giving back the account to the bloke who gave me it. kinda an experiment.
upvote me bro...yurimon
- plus its downvote thread technically i win. heheyurimon
- I have to except that im different then most people no not necessarily a bad thing.yurimon
- We're probably more similar than you think. You can't force anything on anybody mate. People need to discover stuff for themselvesset
- Be in the world but not of it. Stalk this reality. Touch it lightly, don't take it too seriously. You can't change shit, bit shit is changing, just go with it sunbeam.set
- Please don't leave :)set
- (You cunt)set
- lol, im stuck. i reached another fence in accomplishing what im tryin to do. hard trying to do something bigger then yourself... really is.yurimon
- you can leavemonospaced