- Last post
- 17 Responses
My doc is playing at 2015 Hot Docs festival in Toronto. I'm flying out there tomorrow. Anyone from Toronto that wants to share good restaurants and places to visit?
If you feel like trying Tim Hortons coffee, make sure you leave yourself enough time to get a coffee somewhere else, because that shit is the worst.
How long are you going to be here?
Drake One Fifty
Parts & Labour
7 West Cafe
congrats hot docs is a cool festival. what theatre is it playing at ?
- The Hot Docs Theatre, I'd guess.i_monk
- well there's a couple they use i think but the Bloor Hot Docs theatre is really nice which is why i was asking.lodef
- stroll around bloor and college st and you'll find many good placeslodef
- there's a bar right next door to the Bloor theatre i had a bunch of hemp beer in once.lodef
- see below, it's playing 3 times at various theaters.pr2
Hit up Ossington Ave, between Dundas and Queen.
Lots of chill bars, some pretentious ones too if thats what you're into. Theres also a pretty good microbrewery/patio there (Bellwoods brewery) ...less of a touristy scene than Bloor.
Scotiabank Theatre 3
Wed, Apr 29 9:45 PM
Isabel Bader Theatre
Thu, Apr 30 4:00 PM
TIFF Bell Lightbox 3
Sat, May 2 3:00 PM
Here is the trailer:
- That looks fucking incredible.Gucci
- looks great man - I'll see you thereJulesvm
- check out the bloor cinema if you can spare the time. Cool place. Theatre dedicated to docs.Julesvm
- I'll be there for all the screenings so make sure to say "hello" after Q&A!pr2
- Looks fantasticJaline
- Can we see it / buy it somewhere else once the screenings are finished?Jaline
- Yeah, next 3-4 weeks we'll add the section on the website for private screening!pr2
- Looks goodmoldero
I'm in T nw. I'll be checking out one of the places i_mong posted and Jules, say hello at the screening!
Best of luck with your screenings! I will definitely try and rearrange some stuff to come out to it, especially since you're doing a q+a.
the trailer looks great. It was definitely on my shortlist -- even before I knew it was by one of our own :)
hey pr2 - sorry I couldn't make it out... I've been grinding the studio hours here. If you're still around with some downtime, e-mail me. Stop by the studio - lets grab a beer.
We are getting some awesome press quotes, so if you are into really out there visual works and are in Toronto, do swing by one of the screening!
"SHOULDER THE LION is one of the most unique documentaries I’ve seen" -- Stephen Pizzello (American Cinematographer)
"SHOULDER THE LION has opened the doors for artistic cinematic storytelling in the documentary format for many years to come."-- Fernado Fernandez (FernTV)
Hope to make it out for this. Really looking forward to it. Cheers, mate.
I have 4 extra tickets so if you want to swing by just email me and i'll leave the tix under your name at the box office.
I bought tix for saturday. looking forward to it. Seeing Transfatty's doc on friday
Excellent film, Patrick. You took a lot of risks in the way you shot it and your thoughtful approach to telling those stories was very compelling. Congtrats on a beautiful film, I'm quite sure it will do very well.
Noel Gallagher tonight - whoop!