- Last post
- 6 Responses
Anyone can recommend an inexpensive (or free) software that would let me design a short 100pg book. I care more about text then images.
analog only? iBooks is quite versatile on the digital side
- sidenote: your film was very good. It was quite visceral emotionally.Gnash
- the combination of sound and visuals did a great job interpreting the uninterpretable.Gnash
- thx! this book is a collection of texts that influenced making it!pr2
- you spoke very thoughtfully about the process at the screening. I'm sure the book will be illuminating.Gnash
- which one did you come to?pr2
- Saturday night. Full house!Gnash
- You took risks in the way the stories were told. This made me engage with the stories in a way I'm not used to doing.Gnash
- That 'unexpectedness' of the film help inform such personal stories in a deeper way than a pure linear narrative.Gnash
- Yeah, that was great night. Also during Q&A because of the theater set-up it felt very intimate. THANKS for your comment!pr2
indesign student edition 1-mo. use on creative cloud
The problem you will have with many low-cost or free alternatives will be when you prepare you final output for the printer. Most of the non-pro stuff will output a PDF but the printer will may need the file set-up in a way these programs can't do. And if you do have images you likely won't have the control that's needed . I'd reco a service like blurb if you're running fairly small quantities.