- Last post
- 46 Responses
- "oooh look Cinderallas carriage toppled over, its a metaphor for life not being a fairytale - genius" Fucking LOL. Art should show us things we don't alreadyfadein11
- know. Rant over.fadein11
- mate you really don't like banksy. what he bully you in school?inteliboy
- Yeah Banksy bullied me man... nope, his work has been consistently shit for the last 10 years.fadein11
- @fadein11, you can't say this was shit:
- Parkour guide to Gaza?
I don't dispute the sentiments - most humans share them, just feeble executionfadein11
- Just out of curiosity, what do you reckon as good street art? with political/activism context?chrisRG
- Do you still consider Banksy street art?fadein11
- The only great street art in my opinion was early NYC graffiti and a few who were inspired by it - honest and street, not wannabe high art.fadein11
- I don't like his stencil style but this work looks good and like it took a lot of effort. Who do you consider great artists?freedom
- as long as it's not supposed to be princess di or something like that...sarahfailin
To be fair, it's good that we have some populist art. Stuff like Banksy is easy to "get" and fun, and that helps bring more people into the art world. A person might start with Banksy, and gradually find themselves being more interested in 'better' art.
Great art is often unaccessible to the masses, both in where it is exhibited and how it is explained to them. Banksy addresses this by putting his work on the streets and making it simple enough for everyone to understand.
- there's always been populist art - the impressionists were populist after the initial shock - still seen as important.fadein11
- So Banksy's mission is the dumbing down of art for the appreciation of the masses? I seriously doubt he sees it like that.fadein11
- "fun" and stupid are often closely linked, Particularly in this case.
Alas stupid is never a positive.fadein11
- Are you suggesting that he shouldn't make it, because it's too stupid for you? I'm not sure I understand your argument.nb
- this just reads like passive aggressive hate to meMiguex
- Nope not at all. He just bugs me. Hypocrite mainstream artist litefadein11
love it - and weston is the perfect place for this.
and if it's "easy" and "accessible", so what? good for him, i hope it's a success. i'm in hereford this weekend, might try and persuade the fam to check it out.
- doh, minehead.hans_glib
- double doh, was right the first timehans_glib
- hereford to Weston - not down the road.fadein11
- His work is the only 'accessible' work there.fadein11
- it is if you come from londonhans_glib
- and i love these shows he puts on with his mateshans_glib
- totally ephemeral i agree, but a good chortle all the same.hans_glib
- his mates lol - Jenny Holzer? yeah right.fadein11
- heyho - guess i won't see you there, thenhans_glib
can't wait for the negative responses sent from desk jobs
better than a shit on the head
Who do you all consider great artists?
Damien Hirst and Jenny Holzer are worse than Banksy.
always been a fan of jimmy cauty
It's fine. Not his best work, or most clever, but it's fine.
I laughed at the selfie hole.
- the truck sculpture is credited to mike ross in the Independent article.jonny_quest_lives
- it's the same big rig jig as the one that was out on the playa.capn_ron
- yeah. maybe he just likes mike rossscarabin
- hmm. some people on reddit are saying this wall at center camp is banksy's http://blog.artasmon…scarabin