- Last post
- 46 Responses
In 2 years you all will be shoveling coal and carrying stones in the sun
"A new neural network being built by a Danish startup called UIzard Technologies IVS has created an application that can transform raw designs of graphical user interfaces into actual source code that can be used to build them."
- that second one is really exciting. it looks like a coherent piece executed by that same artist. not a jumbled mess of dog faces and hairy eyeballsscarabin
- totally. its like were entering an era where every laymen can be a fine artist—drag & drop, no formal training—generating masterpiece upon masterpieceBrokenHD
- digital palettes consisting of little icons, representing artists' entire bodies of work, eye dropping it like a pantone. wow.BrokenHD
The strongest chess engine so far was Stockfish (ELO 3400, highest human rating = ELO 2850 or so), which basically calculates all possible moves at a certain depth.
Deep Mind's Alpha Zero, which learned chess in 4 hours by playing with itself, beats Stockfish with crazy moves and sacrifices that no one understands.
This is a final goodbye to humans in chess
"Coditany of Timeness” is a convincing lo-fi black metal album, complete with atmospheric interludes, tremolo guitar, frantic blast beats and screeching vocals.
It was generated by two musical technologists using a deep learning software that ingests a musical album, processes it, and spits out an imitation of its style.
I've been wondering whether it'd be possible to take a collection of recorded speech – say David Attenborough's narration of dozens of documentaries – and apply a neural network to it to synthesize completely new speech. I've seen attempts to produce music this way, working from samples of classical pieces, but nothing worthwhile emerges.
Python Plays GTA V
Our AI friend here, Charles, is a convolutional neural network that learns to drive through deep learning.
At the moment, Charles learns and takes all actions based on single frames at a time, and bases his decisions on just pixel data. Charles only sees exactly what you see.
This demo is part of a series examining how you can apply Python programming to machine learning and computer vision using the game as a source.
- Rockstar must be a bit irked they didn't flesh out this sort of thing as the British Startup 'Improbable' has, landing them a half billion dollar investment...detritus
- the amusing/frightening thing about all this is — there are libraries on github & cloud processing services you can use to just do all this sort of stuff y'selfdetritus
- Charles is open source i believe.BabySnakes
- also this: http://comma.aiBabySnakes
- haha, he's giving that away now? odd chap.detritus
this is so fuckn mindblowing,
Martin Ford's new book, 'Architects of Intelligence'
Interviews withs 23 of the most experienced AI and robotics researchers in the world, asking them about the current state of AI, how AI can be applied to solve useful problems, and what that means for the future of robotics and computing.