- Last post
- 6 Responses
not to be an ass, but they are lying to you, HR is the go to excuse to prolong talks,
first, don't quit your job, the first rule of not going broke is to never quit a job until you've found one,
second, they are literally millions of wannabe designer/etc etc, that are eager to work for less money than a senior position, ffs it's 2016, network through emails and take a trip or two if needed,
third, why is time running out? Are you afraid you won't be able to quit once you take the position? Are you expecting a baby?Are the cops after you?
Comon bruh! don't quit till you have a new job.
- Get the job and then move, don't burn through your savings.
- Push and wait for the promo, better title and more dough.
- Leave when YOU are ready, you don't owe HR or any company 'special treatment'.
- Follow the rules when leaving, and work hard your last two weeks.
At the end of the day it's your life.
wait for the promotion, then leave... yes i'm that asshole and why, because for companies, people are chattel.
- Yes, definitely take the promotion before quitting. You earned the promotion, don't throw away all that hard work. It's not assholery, it's just business.nb
- ever worked at the other end of the stuff? i mean have you ever been responsible for others?sted
- Don't bother waiting for the promotion. Just get more money at the next place.cannonball1978
- Fake promise nice trick to keep you in track while finding somebody better, or if not promote you. Slow HR is the oldest excuse in this industry, the problem with that that HR definitely doesn't knows yet about your promotion...
- I would hire you if you where saying that i'm just moved into the city, no mater that it happens tomorrow or happened yesterday. be honest.
- go on, more is better. don't hesitate.
And no, move on. Don't be that asshole who waits up the promotion than leaves...
Find another job before quiting. If you pay for your own move, out if state companies would be willing yo hire you. Make that clear upfront.
find a job before quitting.
if the promo comes before you leave...better.
don't stay waiting for a promo that you're not sure about.
no problem in waiting for it and quitting afterwards.
good luck and that.