- Last post
- 29 Responses
Google One is eating Dropbox alive on pricing. I quit Dropbox early this year and haven’t looked back.
- What? The only pro is the cost is 10$ less than Dropbox. For the rest Dropbox is still the king for this kind of service.They have the best sync of the industryBennn
- I tried Google Sync .. or watherver the name was, they're always changing it! And the syncing was a total mess. I returned to Dropbox.Bennn
cOoL! Dropbox doubled the disk space for the Dropbox Plus (Pro?) users. Nice! I now have 2Tb instead of 1Tb. Much welcomed!
- for extra 20 buckshotroddy
- @hot, no extra fee.
@ben, even better is that Smart-Sync is now includedGnash
- maybe not in canada but in US it's an additional $20.hotroddy
- same price as before additionsGnash
- i stand correctedhotroddy
- Actually Gnash the price are getting a small update, check out the press release. From my memory its like a 5-7$ more, but I might be wrongBennn
- Ok just went on Dropbox, now 155$/y instaead of 129$/yBennn
- I have Dropbox Plus not Pro, from what I see on Engadget, the Pro plan stay the same price.Bennn
- Who downvoted this? lol 'your' funneyBennn
- I'm on plus, too. I was just about to pull the trigger upgrading to Pro just so i can get Smart Sync. For me, the price just went down :)Gnash
- Smart Sync is cool! I will def be using itBennn
- smart-sync is a godsend for my workflow.Gnash
- I just got an email saying my plan increase of $20. So it did go up. :)hotroddy
I like it all. Easy to be critical.
Just remember all the amazing ideas you've surely pitched, that are then slowly wittled away by bullshit clients, corporate politics, boring suits, safe/nervous fuckwits, the boss's sisters daughters opinion etc...
This is pretty damn nice for Dropbox. One of the most bland nothingness tech companies out there.
Logo makes sense but really hate the font and colours.
Not in love with the overall color scheme or font choice but I love that the font changes width as browser narrows. You could argue it feels less cohesive across devices, but it's a cool idea and a cool effect.
Dropbox is the most annoying bumblefucked app that I have ever used. It is worst than Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel combined!
Dropbox adds a "showcase" feature taking aim at freelancer portfolio sites.
.... photographers, an industry where Dropbox clearly believes its Showcase feature will be particularly valuable. Showcase allows photographers to create customized portfolios of images with accompanying commentary or captions. These portfolios could be customized for the intended audience, letting them tailor the work and how it’s perceived for each client.
- the "smart-sync" feature alone is enough for me to contemplate upgrading to proGnash
- Smart Sync is great. I have everything synced in the studio, but use Smart Sync at home so I have access to everything without it eating up my SSD.Nathan_Adams
- ^ that's what I was thinkingGnash
I think it's quite fun and experimental. Pretty brave for the people in charge at Dropbox, and good fun for the designers. As a designer I welcome this kind of thing.
It doesn't particularly say 'file storage' to me, but they're so well established and unrivalled that they can afford to be different and have fun with it.
I quite like it. Fair play...
Kind of nice that they change the font weight depending upon viewport width.
I don't mind it. I find it confusing considering their pivot to selling to the enterprise (where the money is at).
Welcome to zombocom.
Generally I don’t like slating work; I wasn’t in the room when they were getting briefed and receiving feedback at the WIP meetings. I’ve been on plenty of jobs (especially branding ones) where the work has gotten away from us as the client has made demands rather than taking advice.
BUT, that fucking sucks. There’s practically nothing I like here. The logo. The colours. The type... ugh, that fucking type; it just doesn’t work. Scrolling down the page feels like my system is missing the right fonts. The whole thing feels under cooked, even the copy that is supposed to rationalise everything is shit.
I’d love to know if it is bang on brief? Are the creative team happy with this? Is this what the client demanded?
in redesign news. check out redbox
it's a service
So we're finally ditching the 80's shit and moving on to the 90's?
This is fucking garbage btw... shame on them for being duped into something that went out of style 20+ years ago for good reason... and why don't you guize just fucking use Impact? Your font choice is PAINFUL. :( Big step backward in design... nothing new to see here... nothing clever or enticing... and my god... did you hire a teenager to do that opening art / photography? Hideous. :/
I hope this isn't where design trends are moving. The new DB design is painful to look at and it's really going to suck if this becomes the prevailing aesthetic.
awful font choice
If you are on the "downloading" side of the transaction for big files, Dropbox forces you to sign up and to pay them money to download.
Even if the "uploading/ hosting" site is a paying subscriber.
Which offer the options of free and paid subscription for the party "uploading/ hosting files", without affecting the "downloading" party in any way.
- +1 this bullshit. Will not use Dropbox because of it.monNom
- totally agree... just sucks some of the agencies and a 'big' client I work w/all stuff DB w/files... I have to maintain a pro account monthly :/PonyBoy
- i did not know this. Before I subscribed I didn't remember ever having an issue downloaded DB filesGnash