- Last post
- 33 Responses
Got me thinking about the old Infinity Gauntlet run back in the 90's and realized i never actually read it, so I started in the Marvel Unlimited app on my iPad and it's pretty dang sweet.
Was thinking the same thing. Surprised there wasn't a thread. This movie was amazing.
Thanos could have just doubled the universe' resources instead of killing half the population. What a nutjob.
I remember being an adolescent fuckboy and buying these stories in the comic shop although some story details were different than the film.
- yea, the entire premise is absurd. But beautifully done.dopepope
- the russos don't mess around. Great, great directors.docpoz
- Thanos is a psychopath. If he doubled the resources it meant that people would become more greedy and achieve nothing.face_melter
It was awesome, and then the last 5 mins got me confused as fuck and I don't know what happened.
So did Thanos did all that to sit on his porch and admire some rice fields?
- yes.. he said it at one point. When it’s done i will sit and watch the sunset on a greatful universe.Boz
- Because he accomplished his missionMondoMorphic
- Thanos belief is the ends justify the means. So kill half the universe and humanity will be saved. Very progressive marxist of him :)~Hayoth
- Thanos is not Marx, he's Hitler.docpoz
- ...or Mao maybe.docpoz
I trust anyone who wants to see the movie will be avoiding this thread... But just in case
so that scene where they're trying to get off the gauntlet and Mantis is rubbin his head and everyones pinning him down and theyre just trying to rip off the gauntlet via physical force... why in gods name did Dr. Strange just like make a portal where his arm was and like close the portal on his arm, severing him from it... like at any point...? Movies i guess, but fuck he was making portals as fast as he could so spiderman could fly through them for a soft lil kick, why the fuck are those portals not used offensively more often? I just don't get it.
- because leia flew through space.docpoz
- Yep, there are ways in which they could have gotten the glove off, but you answered your own question (movies). :)MondoMorphic
- I thought that Strange had looked at the potential futures and seen the one version that would work out for them; then he was letting it playout as he saw it...Wolfboy
- ...happen. So even if the others thought they were trying to take the gauntlet, Strange actually wanted Thanos to complete his task. So even if he could have...Wolfboy
- ...used his portals to slice off the gauntlet that's not the future he was facilitating through his actions.Wolfboy
- Agreed Wolf, he must have tried that in a version only to fail.dorkKn1ght
Yeah, Im honestly surprised by how much I liked this movie.
Josh Brolin really bulked up for this role
what the shit. i can't find ticket anywhere...
Thought it was pretty funny. Not happy about Starlord.
why did they even have the hulk character? What a waste.
- Was hoping to see more smash too. But we'll probably get it next movie.dopepope
- He's too embarrassed to show his green face after having his arse handed to him at the start. The fucking ponce.Wolfboy
- Where banner ends up at the end, puts hulk and him in the perfect position to settle up whatever they have going on. hahadorkKn1ght
I was fully 100% convinced going into this that it was a one-off, and not like half of a 2-parter. I saw some article today talking about false advertising and it kinda clicked just how 'finale' they seemed to be marketing this... no real mention of it being like part 1 of 2 but really, that's what it is.. Found that strange. DOCTOR STRANGE
- yeah I thought it was the last one too... I think thats why I enjoyed it so much.Al_dizzle
- yeah it was that feeling that things would be resolved by the end... like... like every movie.... like however bad it got pulling nebula apart and ...mantrakid
- ...Stripping GOTG to ribbons, there was this suspension of dread -- that things would get resolved in the end...mantrakid
- ... then .... it just....mantrakid
- ... ended. with the panicked look on peter parkers face. and the sun setting...mantrakid
- I feel like it was that marketing / presentation misdirection that gave it it's most heart wrenching effect.mantrakid
- The Peter Parker bit was a wrench – the fact that he apologised to Tony Stark for what was happening, not the other way round. His last thought was that he...Wolfboy
- ...let Iron-man down.Wolfboy
- aw man... heartbreaking. what a perfect spiderman/parkermantrakid
yeah, seen it and enjoyed it.
not as good as Civil War.
hopefully they're include 'behind the scenes' footage of the disney exec's faces the moment they watched all those franchises turn into dust ... :-p
- it makes Civil War look like a student film.severian
- < that article. hmmm claiming a movie is like a tv series. Well, these are based off of 100s of comic series, so......they don't stand alone until the last oneseverian
- "But the Russo brothers are perfect for this job, because this job is simply about moving the story along." Hmm.. what a backhanded compliment.docpoz
- no one really thinks those franchises are dead right? Not even heading into the movie.dorkKn1ght
I saw it on Sunday and really enjoyed it.
I know Marvel have been guilty of putting some terrible 2D villains up on screen, but when they flesh them out they really get it right. I'd put Thanos up there with Kingpin in the Netflix Daredevil and Loki. I thought he was so effective he was borderline sympathetic.
Not saying I'd wipe out 50% of life myself by the way. I'd probably just keep it down to a personal enemies list and give everyone else more food and stuff.
I noticed they made a few changes to scenes in the trailers to keep a few plot points under wraps; I wish more trailers gave less away these days.
Going to get me some downvotes here but: Superhero movies suck. I hope they stop making them.
- Great input. be sure to comment more in any superhero movie threads.dopepope
- We should ban drgs for certifying this annoying twat.ETM
- Why nowM01XXX
- Come on, they're all the same movies just with different characters and stupid amount of CG.M01XXX
- Dumb movies with insane amount of CG/ VFX still dumb movies. And we've had 1000's of these dumb superhero movies.M01XXX
- you have not been paying attention lately.mantrakid
Also, what happened to the gauntlet after he snapped his fingers? It looks like it shattered or something.
Personally i think this is something unseen in cinematography so far and Marvel executed it extremely well. I have enjoyed movies for most of my life, when i was a kid i started a DVD rental service similar to Netflix but with VHS :) so i have watched a lot of movies in all genres.
To execute a story throught the decade with dozens of characters different story arcs but still finally merging and making it all connected in Infinity War is truly astonishing achievement. They had bumps along the way and yes it’s superhero movie/s but it doesn’t make it any less impressive. Not to mention that they nailed every aspect of storytelling including the dread, the scope, the pacing, so many characters to truly feel massive and funny and yet emotional.
I have to give them props and say well deserved success. They nailed it. Compare this to DC and the trainwreck of their movies and story telling and characters it makes all this even more pronounced.
I think everyone who likes sci fi even if not a huge comic book fan (which i am not as well) owes it themselves to see all the movies ans truly experience Infinity War because i think this is one of the rare experiences in modern movie making.
I think I need to see it again. thumbs up!
Was it the best Marvel movie? probably. So many epic scenes.
You can watch it here for free (cam version): https://yesmovies.to/movie/aveng…
- Had to stop after 5 minutes. This shit is just too stupid for me. Hate superhero movies.M01XXX
- yeah you said alreadyfadein11
- I tried to give it a chance. But it's so stupid. Who like this crap. I guess 12 year olds.M01XXX
- Get back to Tarkovsky or Bergman then :)fadein11
- also, i thought you had quit us? cause everyone was so mean to you. lolsea_sea
- Especially you, sea_sea. Especially you. You horrible, horrible person.