- Last post
- 2 Responses
Easiest/best way to password protect something on a server you have access to is to password protect the folder server-side, using something an .htaccess rule.
- eg. https://davidwalsh.n…detritus
- Jesus christ, i didn't even drink last night. Just pretend all that made some sort of sense.detritus
- yep .htaccess is a v.simple methodfadein11
- A really shabby alternative is to use a gobbledygook folder name that's unlinked from anywhere. Ok for temporary 'private' sharing.detritus
- ...which strikes me as being fundamentalyy the same as the JS/HTML thing you linked.detritus
ta - i had the htaccess thing down as a back-up, but old max there suggested this might be easier and i liked the sound of encrypted files (sounds cool, even if not much cop).
thanks for the help, will proceed as per your advice.