- Last post
- 43 Responses
When did it start sucking for you? Discuss, document and most importantly regale us with your tales.
35 and beyond
- John, we've been dating for a while now. When will you introduce me to your family.
- I am not sure, Maria, how my wife will react to that.
I could do a PowerPoint prezi on this, maybe bring in some show and tell...
Is this the new drunk thread? High.
there's like the first date you ever go on, where it's a bit nerve racking and you want to impress and aren't sure what to do with yourself, and by the end of the night you've survived and realized it's just a thing people do.
it's all downhill from there.
Dating is all about reproduction.
It takes about 4-5 years for a human baby to grow into a somewhat automatous child (thinking in terms of ancient hunter gather cultures).
In the modern world you need to support a child into adulthood at least until they are aged 18.
So what does a woman look for from her male partner. Depends on the society, the roles of male and females, but in western society, typically she wants a man to provide for her and the child during the early years, and giving the economic situation of today (low wages in relation to housing costs) she ideally wants her man to stick around for a long time, as it's financially, and thusly in terms of survival, a better outcome.
So she wants a man with a job, stable career, and decent health to last for the next 18 or so years.
What does a male look for: a caring loyal woman, of sound intelligence to rear a child, wide hips and big boobs to facilitate in the healthy deliver and rearing of a child.
There's nothing complex here.
If you're an older guy looking to date and form a couple - just try to be financially stable, get in shape and be healthy.
- I recommend watch all of Robert Sapolsky's lectures on behaviour evolution: https://www.youtube.…shapesalad
- And Dan Bacons videos on some of the layman / modern western man sociological was of thinking https://www.youtube.…shapesalad
- Combine all that with a healthy diet, regular exercise, book reading and a stable financial situation and you'll have no problem securing a mate.shapesalad
- And once you've got that far - you realise there are far more interesting problems to use your brain cells on.shapesalad
- Evolutionary psychology is a shitty pseudoscience. Sorry dude.Nanocephalic
- Not sure why the downvotes. You speak the truth. It's human nature.NBQ00
- It's like one of those autistic and fundamentally useless responses that the pub know it all (but doesn't) trots out whilst everyone sighs into their pints.Nairn
fall in love or say it's just not gonna work out
be good to people along the way
ignore society and what the status quo tends to say
- also: have fun, spend time as if ti will end soon, be gracious, admit mistakes, know you will fail, but ultimately appreciate the person waking next to youcolin_s
- End of thread right herefadein11
- Damn, this was such a huge improvement after the last post.CyBrainX
- if only it were so binaryimbecile
For me, it started improving after 40. Women are way less full of shit as they mature. The game-playing lessens and honesty and practicality take over. They're more decisive and less fickle. They've had enough relationship experience to know that some men aren't assholes. I'm sure the same is true about men.
- May be true for single older women...but I know a BUNCH of 40+ women that are so full of shit it's not funny.BusterBoy
- ^ What where they like in their 20s?CyBrainX
- Buster: I blame the Kardashians.zarkonite
- You go for women in their 40s? GrossKhurram
- Well, my girlfriend just turned 50 so I'm even more gross now.CyBrainX
- Also true because men at that age dont put up with it anymore.cannonball1978
Just get married.
I'd have no chance if I ever became single again. ZERO.
When you over 30 and still dating aren't you just trying to get laid. Assuming that you started dating in your teens... you're still not trying to find that special someone at this juncture, are you?
- Not true. I have two close friends in their 50s and they want a white picket fence Norman Rockwell family setting.CyBrainX
- we want what we want, no what you think we need.imbecile
- That is my question, what are you looking for that you haven't found so far?deadsperm
- The 'happily ever after' ending is what pretty much everyone is looking for. You don't need to "date" to get laid.formed
- happiness, some to tolerate, someone to tolerate me, an unwillingness to settle, an equal, motivation, inspiration, something i haven't found yet.imbecile
- username checks outKrassy
- well fuck off thenimbecile
- oh, you meant yourself for being crass, as you were.imbecile
- oh fuck, wrong thread.hans_glib
- actually, given the jaguar driver profile, maybe not...hans_glib
- Only for married men, says Jaguar :-(mekk
- "Jaguar — For men who'd like hand jobs from beautiful women they hardly know."
- Is that George Lazenby (Bond actor #2)?CyBrainX
43, have been a 18 years relationship, got one kid of 5.
Feels good to be single, i'm not looking for a new relation.
Enjoying life, doing sport ,taking care of me and my kid, making music , going out here and there.
Only me can make me happy.
- Wait, what? you wanted 5 kids and got one??!!?zarkonite
- He got to keep 1 of the 5 kids they have. The wife always gets more. You should include your kids in the prenup.deadsperm
- dat mortality rate... O,,oimbecile
- haha imbecileNairn
- So the judge decided the best idea was to split the kids? WTF... the woman shouldn't "get more" kids, everyone can benefit from having a dad in their life.zarkonite
- zark.. Read it again slowly..
He has one 5 year old kid.sea_sea
- *slowly walks backwards and away in shame*zarkonite