- Last post
- 48 Responses
What is the verdict?
Affinity Designer $20-
Also the iPad Pro and iOS in general becoming serious gaming platform(s). Not just because of Apple Arcade.
As you see with GRID Autosport which is a near full desktop port we could have real console quality games if more devs put in some effort and stop treating it just as $0.99 games.
anybody using affinity designer on the iPad? Wondering if I can open/edit/save .ai files. Need to edit some illy files on-the-go but will need to open again in illy.
The work of my wife, BUT:
All done on iPad Pro 12.9", Apple Pencil, keyboard/case AND Procreate.
Published (locally) by In The Hills magazine: https://www.inthehills.ca/2020/0….
Super proud AND it's her first illustration project (on iPad) AND her first written (on iPad), published article.
- Nice !Gnash
- I just ordered a paperlike screen protector. It’s supposed to mimic the feel of drawing on paper. I just can’t get used to the slippery screenGnash
- I haven't installed my "Paper Like" screen film yet, do you like it Gnash?utopian
- nice illustrationsutopian
- I haven’t received it yet. But I’m optimisticGnash
- Awesome work! Your wife has talent!Smurf
- These are beautifulSlashPeckham
- Gnash, it’s the main reason I haven’t bought an iPad again, but if the paper screen works I’ll probably pull the trigger._niko
- That’s great, wow.NBQ00
- That's nice work. @Gnash, let us know how you get on with the screen protector, that's a great idea if it works well.Wolfboy
- lots of penis shaped objects that your wife paintsmekk
- (˵ ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆˵)mekk
- Where do you see a penis like form ?i_was
- shrooms have something penissy to memekk
- You guys are fantastic; thank you for all relevant AND irrelevant comments.
- Nice, how long did it take her in total?Maaku
- @Maaku She's saying "30-40 hours" give-or-take. Some learning curve in Procreate. She was paid $2000 for writing/illustrating... which is okay AND again learning.ideaist
- Best way of learning :)Maaku
Holy shit my iPad Pro has iMovie built in! What a time to be alive.
- That seems nice. The other option is Adobe Creative Cloud app & fonts.NBQ00
- Yeah, i like the idea of using my own library (perhaps NOT all of my type library is "legally obtained"...)
Adobe's catalog seems quite limited to me.ideaist
- And adobe cc fonts only works within the adobe ecosystem. Need one that allows access to all, like suitcase does on desktopGnash
- Also @Gnash's point.ideaist
- Quickly read this as "trying to find a paper route.."stoplying
Being able to use full Figma in the browser... game changer!
Now I just need to figure out how to use Figma with fonts.
- This isn't the iPad product review thread, thanks.nb
- Nice keyboard.Gnash
- Because it could be useful for design(ers)NBQ00
- I use my Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad - the addition of a track pad would make a big differenceGnash
- But it looks like this thing doesn’t offer much edge protectionGnash
- We have the initial "Smart Keyboard Folio". I think it's great, BUT fuck these things are pricey.
This one is CAD $449.00!ideaist
- iPad Pro + Smart Keys + Apple Pencil is a true dream come true for design research, conceptual stuff, planning, drawing, writing, and much more. Worth it.nb
Anyone here use Sidecar for Photoshop or Lightroom and can give me some advice? Is it just as responsive wirelessly as via USB? Is there extra lag?
Have been using Fresco for storyboarding, actually works really well.
Drawing tools and UI/ux and nicer than Procreate for storyboarding level sketching.
Love the fact I can quickly send it to desktop illustrator/photoshop.
Damn, I had no idea how powerful Garage Band is on the iPad Pro. I thought it was just a little sound app with few options but holy moly this is an amazing and complex tool with many sampling options and a lot of instruments to sample and do effects with as well as record your own stuff and sample into.
Anyone else have the Apple folio and the cheap crimped edges are coming apart? I can’t believe a $150+ Apple product would be built like a shitty Trapper Keeper and last me only a year.
So anyway, i guess i’m shopping for a new keyboard now.