- Last post
- 16 Responses
It's a Bond movie, it gets it own thread. And shit this looks good.
well fuck yeah
a bond movie that actually looks good—even the campy donut at the end didn't bother me. nice casting for a villian too.
agreed looks amazing.
Haven't seen any of the ones starring Daniel Craig but I thought they were generally pretty good no?
^ Most people seem to like Casino Royale and Skyfall, and not Quantum or Spectre so much.
I loved CR, Skyfall and Quantum. Spectre wasnt BAD, but it was a little bleh, and surprisingly I really hated Christoph Waltz as the villain. Not his fault. Just a weak script for the character I felt.
- thanks, I'll check out the first 3 then_niko
- Well you should also see spectre before this. Some key characters from it in this new one.CygnusZero4
- Watch them in order though, cr, quantum, skyfall, spectreCygnusZero4
- wth? spectre was fantastic - bond turned up to 11 and the knob broken off!hans_glib
- Many would disagree
- many would be wrong.hans_glib
- I think Quantum was the weakest. I genuinely can't remember a single thing about it!Hayzilla
A big MEH!
IMO the Daniel Craig Bond movies started off great and steadily descended into shit. I'd be surprised if this one ends up being any good given the stories of multiple directors, script rewrites etc.
- Rogue One has a complete disaster production, and to me its the single best star wars movie lmao. And this was not even remotely close to that level of chaos.CygnusZero4
- Point is script rewrites are often a very good thing towards a good final product.CygnusZero4
- Imagine if they just said fuck it, and went with a shitty first draft? Lol no thanksCygnusZero4
- Rogue One is the best Star Wars film made since the 80's.Hayzilla
- Sure who knows, although rumor is that the original script was too bold, and they then tried to cobble together a story in order to finish by the release date.yuekit
- Apparently the original story actually killed off Bond halfway through the film lol. So you can sort of see why they backed out of it -- would have beenyuekit
- interesting to see something so different from the usual formula though :)yuekit
Casino = 9/10
Quantum = Can't remember anything about it.
Skyfall = 8/10
- Casino was great b/c it was huge change to a more troubled, maverick & aggressive Bond. And Eva Green! But so much footage was at the casino table.BustySaintClaire
- ^ The casino part was really just one part of that movie, and it wasnt even overly long. You probably havent seen it in a while.CygnusZero4
thought he didn't want to do Bond anymore.
I liked all of Craig's Bond films except for Quantum. This looks fantastic. Got giddy seeing the final scene with the machine-gun headlights, haha
I've never seen an entire Bond movie. I saw part of Dr No and part of one with Pierce Brosnan, and that's it.
Rewatching all these everytime a new one is released, so can't wait for 2020!
As for the future of the series, my thoughts casting Lashana as 007 is a step to introducing Idris Elba as the new Bond...
- Also a side note, this series with Daniel Craig was the most interesting Bond because they made it into a saga, re-using characters to continue the storygrafician
- Idris would make an A+ bondinteliboy
- +100 for Idris.elahon
- Idris is too old. He'll be in his sixties after the 4th one. I say instead of going black. Go young. Go American. Timothée Chalamet! A youthful Daulton.Hayzilla
Knives Out was a flex before this. Can't wait.
Ew. They got billie eyelash to do the opening song.