- Last post
- 6 Responses
So i'm about to start pulling the trigger and hire someone to design book cover for my debut sci-fi novel.
You can learn more about it here: http://thornsofimmortality.com/
I was wondering what would be fair $ to pay?
Now, i know this is a design forum so the proper answer here always is "gazillion of dollars" but since it's a persona project for probably a very limited self-financed print run what is the actual answer?
I did a book cover in one night for like 150 for a Romanian actor/writer, back in 2016 I think?
Another photographer friend asked me to do a photo book for him - including cover ofc - for 300 last year
This should be fun, I could do it in 2-3 days, DM me on https://www.instagram.com/grafic…
- But these were "friends fees", for a publishing house the prices would go up 10xgrafician
- I match whatever the price that he asks. But I can do it in 1 month! I'd pour my soul into it :)Beeswax
- Ha! But 2-3 days is not a rush job for me, I could probably design the entire book in 3 days, I'm just that fast/productive...grafician
The range is vast - I’ve done covers for friends of friends for under 500 and as much as 4K for a publisher.
I se feel like you are a truly amazing illustrator, and that you should consider your own artwork. Of course you can hire a designer to work on the type and layout, but as a designer I would consider you.
- the illustration were done to help me visualize the story - to be hones, and of course i thank you for kind compliments, i'm kinda ashamed of those drawings.pr2
- You shouldn’t be ashamed. They are great drawings. To me they are downright amazing as a hard sci fi fan. They’re YOU!monospaced
As i said, this is a personal project - totally done out of love, but i don't want to be asshole (of course those who know me would question that desire in the first place...) and ask for free labor. A mix of: i don't want to be insulting, at the same time knowing full well that i'll never see a penny from this book.
- I would really be interested to see a movie/series adaptation of your book - so try to push it to Amazon/Netflix?grafician
- it was originally conceived as a film but i didn't like the necessary drama that films involve.pr2
- Then self-publish? Crowdfund to publish? Anyway, let me know if you need the help, DM me on instagram, I'm aroundgrafician