- Last post
- 12 Responses
Who the fuck doesn't like noodles? All that slurpy goodness.
I need recipes, all the recipes. What are your go-to's? Please post links or detailed descriptions. Let's make this thread the ultimate noodle archive.
While personally, I'm more in love with the Asian variety, I'm an equal noodle person. So if it's rice, egg, flour. etc., It don't matter. Post. that shit.
Garlic Chili Oil Noodles:
A japanese person taught me to take an ordinary egg, stir it in with some boiling hot pot noodles and it gives it some texture. Try it sometime!
A good spicy, flavorful, Asian noodle dish is quite possibly my favorite food of all time.
- Mine too! Try the garlic chili noodles that I posted above, although I've yet to find the Sichuan chili flakes so I just use crushed red pepper flakes.MarleyMarl
- I would destroy those noodles. And there’s an Asian grocery store two miles from me. Gonna stock up on some new pantry items for sure.monospaced
Recipes! Where are the recipes!
I put together a super detailed recipe of yakisoba I make weekly for a family member out of town, compete with pictures of the process.
If you make this, let me know how it turns out!
- I keep these packs of noodles in my fridge at all times. The veggies i use i almost always have. Perfect second life left over meat.shellie
- If you have multiple mates, its a nice touch. Left over steak, chicken, shrimp, pork loin. Yes! My partner doesn't like cabbage or mushro but I suggest adding.shellie
- *multiple meates.shellie
- Access requestedmonospaced
- your work is blocking mono sharing is "anyone with the link". try using personal Gmail. tried to share with your email address it said your org is blockingshellie
- yup, it's work securitymonospaced
- I'm viewing it now! Thank you!monospaced
- I'm making this tonight!!shellie
- That looks fucking delicious, Shellie!Continuity
I had higher hopes for this thread. Sigh.
Round 2? I need moar!
Here's a winner...
Xian Spicy Cumin Noodles
- I'm torn. Handrips are all the rage, and I want to try it. I've also recently overdosed on lamb recently. From chops to full hearts, the butcher either..garbage
- ..appreciates my business, or thinks that I'm crazy. I have about 2 dozen chicken hearts in the fridge rn.garbage
- also how many times can I recently say "recently"?garbage
- oh shit, I used to live a block from Xian Famous Foods in NYC and ordered these regularly. They hand make noodles for each bowl!monospaced
well i got shit for writing too much last time. so here's a simple one.
unlike what others have posted this one isn't as spicy falverful. it's more on the mild refreshing side.
Soba (buckwheat) noodles -- 1 (10-ounce) package
Dashi stock -- 6 cups
Light soy sauce -- 3/4 cup
Mirin -- 1/2 cup
Sugar -- 1 tablespoon
Scallions, sliced into thin rounds -- 4 or 5
Cook the soba according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water. Drain again and set aside.
Heat the dashi, soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a saucepan over medium flame until the broth comes to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Adjust seasoning as desired with soy sauce and mirin.
Portion the soba noodles into four deep bowls. Pour hot broth over the noodles and sprinkle each serving with some of the scallions and any other toppings.
usually served with nori seaweed
Kamaboko (fish cake)
I read this thread title as 'Noodies' and thought it was yet another chick of the day off-shute.