- Last post
- 53 Responses
I loved this so much I think it needs a dedicated thread:
3 bands I cannot and will not listen to
Linking Park (for sure)
(only 3 though?)
And that's just for a start.
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Plenty more probably, but these make me scramble to change track or block my ears.calculator
- you are trying to get into a fight, right?dkoblesky
- Yeah b-52s in small doses they get so over the top camp it gets annoying after a while_niko
- Don’t see the rhcp hate, I don’t mind them, is it that the blew up and got so commercial?_niko
- Didn’t like u2 because of the people that were into them, then I grew to appreciate them, now I’m indifferent but won’t go out of my way to play them_niko
- YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE RULESdkoblesky
- U2 & RHCP sure but The B52's in small doses are groovy - first 2 albums anyway, and 52 Girls c'mon!!Gardener
this is very difficult
- I LIKE Hanson....at least their first album...dkoblesky
- yet you wont listen to Linkin Pork? ok, you do you, bossStoicLevels
- Nickleback’s great in a so bad they’re good way, like the spinal tap of whatever genre they represent, dive bar rock?_niko
- No i don't agreeStoicLevels
- Then again, i never gave any of these bands the timeStoicLevels
- have you listened to music in the last 20 years?Gardener
- no. next question.StoicLevels
(I’ve tried listening to them so many times but I just don’t get them or missed the boat on them )
(Whack as fuck imposter, probably a given and shouldn’t bother even including him but he just annoys the fuck out of me)
(Maybe I haven’t done enough acid in my lifetime to appreciate them)
- I feel the same about radiohead..brt44
- Portishead fuck yeah..brt44
- radiohead, soon as they came on the scene, I saw his blinking twitchy creep eye, yuk, no. I saw a photo exhibition once of portraits of guys in the middleshapesalad
- of ejaculation and Mr Yorke looks like he's constantly posing to be in that exhibition. CREEPS me the fuck out. Plus boring whine music.shapesalad
- wow! The Radiohead hate comes out...i knew this was an interesting ideadkoblesky
- Love Radioheadmort_
- Drake is the worst shit on earth, Radiohead sucksi_was
- upvoted just because of Drakeoey_oey
- It's not like I hate Radiohead, or their fans, It's just the biggest band I can think of that I never got into. but yeah fuck drake, fake ass clown_niko
- I downvoted because Radiohead and the Grateful Dead are the worst entries on this thread so far.CyBrainX
Manic Street Preachers.(boring ass preachers)
U2(boring non-melodies with inoffensive audio mix of boring slightly distorted guitars)
RHCP(stupidly highly tuned snare that instantly becomings grating once you notice it: tish, welcome, tish, to, tish, califorrr... tish... neeya)
Bob Marley - used on so many adverts, heard in grocery shops with 90 year old grannies and restaurants and piped every freaking where, is so so commercial it's surpassed any pot smoking cool talent vibe it may have ever possessed.
- I could go on, the list is infinite... any band who gets piped in a supermarket or used on tampon adverts = game over.shapesalad
- SECOND U2....wow...at one time the coolest band on the planet...dkoblesky
- NO BONUS: FOLLOW THE RULESdkoblesky
- 3rd U2mort_
- U2 & Eno, tho???futurefood
- +1 Bob Marleyoey_oey
- +2 U2oey_oey
- I disagree with every one of these. And blaming Bob Marley for how his estate has been handled after his death isn't fair.CyBrainX
- U2!! Loved Achtung baby, just started dating the girl who now is my wife and always remember this disc with affection...OBBTKN
- After this, but more after POP... The downhill has been Brutal!!OBBTKN
1. Whatever is popular
2. Your favorite band
solo wise, no time for,
if not having anything by 3 artists in my collection counts then
Madness - U2 - Guns N Roses
2. The Fall
..get in the fucking sea, the lot of you.
- THE FALL!!!!????Gardener
- I admit there is a lot but there are diamonds in thereGardener
- I've tried, i really have. And I know they are a seminal band and their influence is far reaching and widespread but I despise everything about Mark E Smith.Morning_star
- it's a hurdleGardener
- LOL, that tickled me Gardener. :)Morning_star
- This is awesome: https://www.youtube.…Krassy
- too many great songs tbh
- -1 because of The Falloey_oey
- -1 for The Fall but they are almost as an acquired taste as Captain Beefheart.CyBrainX
As it has not been mentioned yet:
I like melancholy, but to me they just sound not so good.
When your model wants to listen throughout the shoot, you better bring earplugs.
She is also a synonym for every singer using overly modulated voices.
- coldplay, gross.
never once in my life heard a drake song, he is canadian, aye?dasohr
- hate it allStoicLevels
- Don't you believeeeeee in life after love Simon?grafician
- Wow.,,,,what a swing there....dkoblesky
- Didn't that Believe song use the first autotune? Damn her to Hell. She also sucked for decades before that.CyBrainX
- I don't mind cher so much reallyStoicLevels
- i thought daft punk brought back the auto tune...maybe it was Chers producer... hmmmStoicLevels
- coldplay, gross.
Not really bands but...
- Here is a simple thing....very clear....
- Reggaeton makes me want to stab myself repeatedly in the face with an obsidian blade.Nairn
- I had to make a poster for a movie about reggaeton. It hurt.scarabin
- Basically fuck Miamicannonball1978
- H bomb all those latin music studios!!OBBTKN
- Here is a simple thing....very clear....
To hate Nickelback is so cliché and overrated.
- RULES....you are outdkoblesky
- Are we in elementary school?utopian
- Utopian loves Nickelback, Utopian loves Nickelback, Utopian loves NickelbackFax_Benson
- ^ LOL!oey_oey
- "Nickelback are to Grunge what Mumford and Sons are to folk" Pitchfork.comIanbolton
- People who ironically like Nickelback are losers who need a better refined sense of irony.cannonball1978
- Anything under 20hz
- Anything over 20,000hz
- Tori Amos
- Cary Town
- I can agree with the RS.dasohr
- I bet you hate Bladerunner 2047 ;)Morning_star
- all have great songs but probably over-rated. I like Dean Martin better than Sinatra_niko
- +1 on Rolling stone. White boys ripping off real blues artists. Shit guitarists etc.BaskerviIle
- Downvoting Rolling Stones. For 15 years they were one of the greatest act in history. Elvis Presley was great in the early days.CyBrainX
Admiring people's honest in here, if not their judgement.