- Last post
- 6 Responses
The last thing the EU needs now is a right-wing populist in France and one friendly to Putin.
how did we get here?
Why is the right taking over Europe?
Surely not immigration and xenophobia?
- Just because mistrust in politics. People are fed up and won't even care about voting. Big mistake. Democracy is always won by voting.grafician
- What did the left do wrong?Chimp
- Wether you agree with mass immigration or not, there is a growing segment of Europe that disagrees. The right is taking advantage of this.Chimp
- Immigration and xenophobia were responsible for Brexit thats for sure.Hayzilla
- "Socialist, Green, right-wing candidates back Macron in election run-off"grafician
- was closer at this stage in 2017fadein11
- phew, the France expert has arrivedmonospaced
- Qu'est-ce qu'on ferait sans lui ?palimpsest
- Europe is in a recession now?Taschen
- Not yet, just high inflation
But we need working fucking democracies to sort all this mess outgrafician
lepen wants out of NATO and EU.
This can and should not ever happen.
- No she doesn't.palimpsest
- I believe she does.NBQ00
- Live your truth.palimpsest
- I know nothing of EU politics, but reading the first few paragraphs sure sounds like she does.formed
- Then you need to get hooked on phonics.palimpsest
- ^ Listening to this (politician from Le Pen's party) you definitely get the impression they still want to leave the EU and are just pretending not to.yuekit
- She has stated that she didn't want to the leave the EU nor NATO. And leaving them is not part of her current program.
But y'all believe what you want to.palimpsest
- There are plenty of valid reasons to oppose voting for her. Why make shit up?palimpsest
- Did it ever occur to you that maybe a politician could be lying? lol cmon nowyuekit
- If elected I don't she would immediately try to take France out of the EU. But she is proposing many policies that violate EU law. If France doesn't botheryuekit
- follow EU rules as leader what good are they? So yes she is likely hostile to the EU and would like to leave, how to accomplish this is another question.yuekit
- Or maybe she's telling the truth. So it's no longer about the program she is running on but on what we choose to believe.palimpsest
- Anything goes in that case, since we choose to not share any common ground.palimpsest
- of course she wants out from both EU and NATO, palimpset is being naiveernexbcn
- She has promised to cut taxes for all young people under 30drgs
- I'm not being naive. I am not voting for her. I'm just letting y'all know what's what.palimpsest
- So y'all watching the debate right now?palimpsest
- 17 hours later...
Yep, that's I thought.palimpsest
Lepen is obviously on Poutine’s payroll and she has expressed admiration for him. She would obviously tone down that if it translates into votes but good luck to whoever believes her.
- does this mentions the "loans" she got from Hungary?sted
- I read she deleted all photos with him from social media before the first elections.uan
- I think mayority of french will go again with macron, because of war. continuity and a strong europe is very important.uan
France is not as fucked today. Macaron wins over far-right LePen.
- Sorry but 40% means it's fucked.oey_oey
- France continues fucked, Macron was part of the fuckery. Less than with this crazy blonde in gov.? Obv. but Emmanuel le petit is a total messOBBTKN
- Just because the far right lost doesn't mean that a good candidate won. Also see the USA.Chimp