- Last post
- 2 Responses
- That would be memorable!Continuity
- All I can think of are clichés - tiananmen tank man, paint cans & stencils, anarchy symbols, flags hoisted on poles, Banksy-esque molotov hoyersNairn
- literal shit-flinging should be used a lot more in political dissent.Nairn
- There's those Northumbrian/ French/ Dutch/Belgian farmers who spray literal tons of farm shit at banks and official buildings.Nairn
- I think the trick will be to actually try to identify the attributes of a dissident — courage, solidary, etc — and go from thereContinuity
- ... rather than trying to take an on-the-nose visual interpretation of dissent.Continuity
For a personal project, I've been trying to research icons and symbols of dissent and dissidents.
The raised fist keeps coming, and my eyes are finally going to back into my head if I see it one more time.
What else could be a simple, recognisable, and — preferably — non-clichéd visual representation?