Really cheap web hosting?
- Last post
- 8 Responses
Is there such a thing as really cheap web hosting?
I pay like $120/yr, which I realize is low, but also, I just have a holding page for my website right now with a few images and my contact info, so it's bare bones.
Is there an option out there that's cheaper?
I pay $0.03 a month for Google App Engine. And, that's only because I have multiple sites (well, API's) running on it. That's in addition to my personal website (that's also hosted there).
It's targeted at developers, so you have to be somewhat comfortable with doing shit in a terminal. But, the instructions are pretty straight forward. And, once you setup your local environment it's literally one command (gcloud deploy) to push changes.
I've used them for 10+ years.
No issues ever. No price increases once signed up on a rolling contract.
- Were you with ezpz before they were bought out by HostingHeroes?Nairn
host yourself on a home webserver
- I think that's how people envisioned the internet would be once upon a time, where everyone had a server :)monospaced
- ^ 100% @monospaced!
We CAN do it, we HAVE the technology!!!
Free webhosting cheapo method:
- Buy domain.
- Create a Google Website with domain, it won't work without this - -- intermediate step.
- Create a project in Firebase
- Add domain to Firebase project and it will be hosted for free.