- Last post
- 31 Responses
And this is why we can't have nice things!
- Nice Week, not Nice Weeks.
- Two Dollar Handjob Tuesdaysutopian
- I haven't been paying attention, what happened?garbage
- What did I do this time?monospaced
Dropping this here to get you lot in the mood for nice week :)
i found monospaced's approach at nice week quite pleasant. no gossip, no news cycle of drama, no confrontation. just a peaceful calm. almost zen. +1
- There was certainly a before and after.palimpsest
- Thank you.monospaced
- You're welcome.
You have proven that nice week does indeed work.palimpsest
- Is this still your nice week Mono? Keep up the good work!Ianbolton
- Just seen the message below. Good effort!Ianbolton
- It was last week. And despite one grouch’s bitchy triggered insistence, I actually was nice the entirety of the week.monospaced
- damn that's weirddoesnotexist
- hahahaha, you guyscanoe
- – Victor Frankensteinimbecile
Okay! mono's nice week has come to an end and, well ... it was what it was!
Rather than nominating someone else right now, I'm going to wait a week to give everyone a bit of a break from it, but don't worry ... we'll be back Monday with our next nominee!
Have an absolutely brilliant week filled with joy, understanding, and love!
- mono can use another weekmilfhunter
- That was a weak week... not I’m not being nicePonyBoy
- Make QBN Nice Again.palimpsest
- phew, all this niceness was getting tedioushans_glib
- @milf, what exactly was the issue?monospaced
- This one. Not pressedGnash
- mono needs a vacation and i hope he gets one <3doesnotexist
- Gnash, I simply disagree. That’s why I would like clarification.monospaced
- @doesnotexist, what makes you say that?monospaced
- Yes, this one. Not pressed.palimpsest
- The Lord works in mysterious ways.utopian
- If there's something we can all agree on is that it was certainly a week.palimpsest
- - you don't get basic concepts
* yes I do
- like this one, for example
* I don't get it, explain it to meGnash
- mono maybe you just need a nap. when my kids get grumpy it really helps them. stay pleasant, bro.doesnotexist
- Gnash. I never said I didn’t get something. I’m just asking for clarification because I don’t agree with the statement.monospaced
- Your fixation on me here is weird, as is your need to insult me. It really says more about you than anything, and not in a good way.monospaced
- I know I didn’t do anything “not nice” this week, and I reserve the right to defend that. Insisting I am in some way confused is simply nonsense.monospaced
- Why that caused this response from you has nothing to do with me.monospaced
- Well this went well.Nairn
- Yes, this one.palimpsest
Any feedback on your nice week?
We need to get a nomination today to keep this going. If you're not interested the council will get together and pick one in your place.
- guess he's too busy being nice to have a chance to updatehans_glib
- It *is* addictive, admittedly.Continuity
- Once you go nice you stay in paradise.palimpsest
- did he even do anything?milfhunter
- That's already half the battle.palimpsest
- He did nothing, but to be fair he's one of the more grouchy folks here. He's up there with the alt-right types.garbage
- He took the nomination as an insult, which is weird. Who gets to pick the next one? I pick everyone, but that's just me.garbage
- Long Live Mono!utopian
- To be clear I was on vacation and busy the whole week. I rarely visited qbn. I did not take offense to the nomination but I do to being called grouchy.monospaced
- I don’t have anyone in mind to nominate so you may do so in my place. Thanks.monospaced
- I don’t really know what was expected of me. I wasn’t mean to anyone, so I consider that a success from what I gather is the point of thismonospaced
- garbage you really read into things too much and latch onto some wrong assumptions that you feel confident to put into words here. It’s ridiculous.monospaced
- I don’t know why you feel the need to outright insult me here, for no reason. Perhaps that’s just your default status? Pretty dick attitude there garbage.monospaced
- relax mono. geez.milfhunter
- Yes of course. It’s always me. Carry on.monospaced
- Get insulted, for no reason. React appropriately and then get told to relax. Classic qbnmonospaced
- you ok, bro?doesnotexist
- mono - it's a bit of fun, relaxfadein11
- need a friendly wank? little rolling the dice, date with Palmela Handerson, bop the baloney, little tug of war with cyclops? *hugs Mono!hydro74
- We should have a mean week. I want to be the reason someone takes a break from QBNdrgs
- Who says you haven't been?Continuity
- You flatter medrgs
- so fun, especially being insulted ... my mistake!monospaced
- To be noted I didn't mock mono this week as promised
btw how was your vacation?grafician
- nobody gives a fuck graf, never didmonospaced
- This one. Also not pressedGnash
- Wrong about me again gnash. As usual. Claim and nothing to back it up.monospaced
- I guess all this talk about me and nice week really brought out the cunt in you. You need a vacation or probably a nomination. Try not to get so triggeredmonospaced
- too easyGnash
- You’re so full of shitmonospaced
Well, friends, as I sit here in the twilight hours of my Nice Week, I'd like to take to the opportunity to thank garbage for starting this worthy initiative, and all of you for your support and participation. It's been a wonderful experience of benevolence; one which — in the spirit of what garbage has started — should be shared enthusiastically.
As I look around QBN, thinking of who would best embody the principles and spirit of Nice Week for the next seven days, I can think of no-one better suited that ...
I understand this might be a challenge for you, mono, but I'm here to tell you that the benefits far outweigh the difficulties. The quality of your interactions in your everyday dealings — here and in other areas of your life — will be immeasurably richer for it.
And, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we've got faith in you! We know that you're going to put your very best effort in, and that's all we can ask for. It will take practise, but I truly believe you'll get there.
Have a wonderful week filled with engagement, understanding, and love, mono!
- You can do it, mono!palimpsest
- I BELIEVE!Akagiyama
- I couldn't have thought of a nicer way to end your nice week, Continuity.palimpsest
- Aw, thanks pali. You're the best!Continuity
- This is seriously the most above the top passive aggressive bullshit.BonSeff
- el monohotroddy
- I think it's awesome, and I did not start this in a passive aggressive vein at all. There's enough places on the internet to find people to hate.garbage
- I realized I was being toxic and combative, and I wanted to stop being that way. It's as simple as that.garbage
- I thought you had gone to a city in France for a week?sab
What have you done?!palimpsest
- Passing the baton of love and hope. Great work folks :-)Ianbolton
- what the fuck is this?monospaced
- We're here for you, momo!palimpsest
- So, what are you gonna do know mono?palimpsest
- i know you can do it, mono!doesnotexist
- Congratulations, Monospaced!
Looking forward to your contributions!Nairn
Run with it mono, this is your week!garbage
- You have the whole community behind you, momo.
You can do this!palimpsest
- Expect me to be nice and then mock me constantly? This is a setup.monospaced
- I thought you were already nice and I haven't mocked you.
Just be yourself!palimpsest
- This is the ideal occasion to show us your true potential.
Your time to shine!palimpsest
- Just look at all the upvotes.
Go out there and spread the love!palimpsest
- 'Just look at all the upvotes.
Go out there and spread the love!'
So much this. This is all you, baby!Continuity
- Ask yourself Mono, "what would Jesus do?"hotroddy
- But don't stress because Jesus asked himself: what would mono do?
And he did it.palimpsest
- told youdoesnotexist
- I was here before monospaced lolgrafician
- but no, I will not be here to mock monospaced for a weekgrafician
- Honestly I haven't mocked any of the nominees. I think its just a good experiment to be nice for a week.garbage
- Even pango had a better response to nice week!palimpsest
- Did it ever occur to you that I simply didn’t know anything about this or that I might be busy? Guess not. Assume away and make up shit about me. It’s amusing.monospaced
- I know you all hate me pretty much and always have. So you can understand my hesitancy when I was nominated and then poked at for a day before I even saw it.monospaced
- But please stop reading my non participation this week as me not taking it well. I was busy and I have people visiting and staying at my house.monospaced
You acknowledged your nomination & stayed out of drama for the whole week: you did OK. But now that your week is over you are really killing it.palimpsest
- Slay, king!palimpsest
- I had better response?
- Is "I had a better response" the new "I was here before you"?palimpsest
- Lol, my "not nice week" was not visiting for a week. Mono's "I'm not gonna be nice week" was an excuse that he couldn't be nice because he had people over.garbage
- This is where the fun is.garbage
Who holds the crown, and who's next?
- I'll be announcing shortly!Continuity
Nice Week: Anime Edition
Who is this week's nominee, again?
- +1 shapested
- Utopian already picked Continuity.
It was just a reminder.palimpsest
- One could argue that utopian didn’t fulfill his part of the bargainGnash
- He failed miserably. But at least he did better than pango.palimpsest
- as the umpire surely you can overrule Utopian's choice, it's a wasted week.fadein11
- Utopian's choice was made before he broke the rules therefore the choice was made legally. Utopian's choice stands.
Continuity up to bat.palimpsest
Niceness, oh how sweet the sound
Like a gentle breeze, it's all around
In acts of kindness, it can be found
A precious gem, so truly profound
It's the smile from a stranger's face
Or a comforting embrace
A word of praise, a thoughtful phrase
Niceness can brighten up our days
In a world that's often cruel and cold
Niceness is like a warm stronghold
A beacon of hope, a light to hold
It melts away the bitterness of old
Let us all be nice and kind
To each other, let love bind
With every gesture, every sign
Niceness will surely make us shine
So let us spread it far and wide
Like a river, let it flow with pride
Let it be our constant guide
And in its warmth, let us abide.
- worst doggerel everhans_glib
- The fact that somebody here knows what a doggerel is surprisingly nice. Who is downvoting a five-stack A B C D E rhyme scheme?garbage
- "phrase" and "face"?? i feel sicksarahfailin
- Nice week is for everybody.
Everybody is not for nice week.palimpsest
- there he ismaquito
- Shiet. He's on boardpango
- Of course he's on board. You will go down as the first chump to not be on board, pango.palimpsest
- You're dead to me, pango.Continuity
- I feel better already!Nairn
- Renominations are allowed! Pango just has a deeper story arc in Nice Week.garbage
- I nominate Continuity for next weeks duties.utopian
- bring it on, cuntfadein11
- You knew it was coming, Continuity.palimpsest
- Wait, no. No nominations allowed in the comments. READ THE MANUSCRIPT!maquito
- I like this new thing. It is nice.BuddhaHat
- What maqui said!Continuity
- RemindMe! 2023-04-10palimpsest
Last week, I may have unknowingly brightened someone's day or made a difference in their life. Hopefully, my efforts hit the mark in improving the mood, reducing stress levels, and creating a sense of fulfillment and purpose in our lives.
While my actions may or may not have made a significant impact on someone's day and contributed to creating a more compassionate and positive world, it's time to pass the torch. Because among other things, I cannot expect Wes Anderson to release a trailer every week.
Therefore, I hereby nominate Utopian to lead by example in practicing empathy, encouraging positive behavior, and promoting kindness and positivity in our community.
- You were a darling!palimpsest
- It's going to be fun ;)OBBTKN
- Fuck yeah. Also that gif has been killing me for years. I found that movie in a dollar bin a while back, highly recommended for the intro.garbage
- Timestamped to see the intro to this nice week: https://youtu.be/mVJ…garbage
- ahaha thanks for that url! I never knew the sauce of that gif. hilarious scene.sted
- Now you show yourself?!
What a cunt!!!palimpsest
- ^ lolfadein11
- I am disappoint.Continuity
- Now you show yourself?!
- Interstellar object may have been alien probe, Harvard paper argues, but experts are skeptical.
- "Possibly NSFW (prevents this reply from appearing on the Cover)"CyBrainX
- Hot doghydro74
- Too late!pango
- Early Bird Gets The Wormutopian
- The earlier bird gets the worm's worm.garbage
- Aliens wear shoes?drgs
- Those gravels are sharp!pango
- There not shoes ...they're Sketchers!utopian
- Interstellar object may have been alien probe, Harvard paper argues, but experts are skeptical.
- I promise that I will fulfill this role to the best of my knowledge if you honor me with this enormous task.sted
- Aw shucks!palimpsest
- sted for the winpockets
- What do you have to do?? I fell behind on the newsdee-dubs
- fuck you, sted!Gnash
- oh hai @Gnash nice to see you too!
I understand that we may have different perspectives and experiences.sted
- But I would appreciate it if we could have a respectful and constructive conversation.
Let's try to focus on understanding each other's viewpointssted
- and finding common ground.sted
- lol #niceweekfadein11
- He's laying it on thick this early on. :DContinuity
- He won't last long, the cunt.palimpsest
- Kindness is not just a fleeting gesture or an act of charity. It is a way of being, a state of mind, and a lifestyle that is grounded in compassion and empathy.sted
- Being nice is the purest and most sincere form of kindness that extends beyond time and space, leaves a lasting impression on the people andsted
- communities it touches, and it has the power to transform the world.sted
- @sted showing us how it's done.
- foiled again! bastardGnash
- (lol, gnash please go for the gold)garbage