- Last post
- 20 Responses
What did you guys think of the pilot episode??
Opening scene is intense.
i feel like the watchmen movie was a failure because the director (snyder i think?) used the frame of reference of the wrong character (owl instead of rorschach)
this seems wrong because it's using the rorschach figure as an inspiration for a villain instead of the central narrative of truth, again setting this up for failure (at least within the context of moore's original vision)
i dunno this felt... a little gimmicky, and a little liberal in terms of bias / slant. also, in terms of cultural appropriation, it is hil-fucking-larious that they made it white people vs cops instead of cops vs black people in this reality lollllll
- What culture was being appropriated?Nairn
- the appropriation of a uniquely african-american problem, cast with white people.ben_
- Personally think the movie was flat because Moore wasn't involved and it could have easily been a trilogy. The story was truncated and characters not given theben_
- room to breathe.ben_
- Without Alan Moore to write, it was just a bit shit. Hope it gets better.PhanLo
I don't know the graphic novels at all.. but, I really enjoyed it.
Two things that I'm assuming are:
- The servants are robots, correct?
- The chief was actually a secret semi-bad guy? Maybe playing both sides? Assuming that because: the foreboding shot of the picture of him and his dad, the book on his desk 'Under the Hood' which I guess could go either way, and the old guy seemingly proud that he was there while the Chief was XXXX (major spoiler)
- Old guy in the wheelchair was the kid who escaped as a child?
Crazy, that Black Wall Street massacre actually happened.
I thought it was made up.
Really liking the mood/tone of this; feels refreshing without being obnoxious or overly reliant on visual(s). The (new) Watchmen universe is slowly unfolding...
...1/2 done S01E02.
It's getting better with each episode...
really like where they've gone with Agent Blake
The cast for the Greengrass film would have been amazing.
"squid pro quo"
that opening scene ...
- Yeah episode deserves an emmytank02
- Transitions were seamless. All the little bits of colour creeping into the black and white sections were really good.PhanLo
- Laurie knows...
- yeah holyshitsted
- This episode was a game changer... So many layers. Still processing...necromation
- Best tv I’ve seen in a while; the music, transition(s), etc. Never felt edited, though. Tasteful and refined.ideaist
- Legit thought that was Homelander from this pic.robthelad
I've watched the first 3 episodes. Have no idea what the fuck is going on as I hadn't seen a trailer let alone read the comics. TBH I'm waiting for the awesome to kick in!?
I'm really enjoying it. The latest episode was so well done. Playful to put the audience in the perspective of one of the characters. Additionally it's all starting to make sense now so it wasn't just a load of mystery boxes. I'm hoping the finale really delivers.
- It's unbelievable that something Lindelof was involved in, actually had a good ending.PhanLo
- sign he's getting old and thus wiser?Bluejam
- he has said that he considered this a one series/season show and doesn't have any ideas for another one ...Bluejam
- It was good to hear that, extending things with him becomes problematic. Think I hate him slightly less now.PhanLo
I just finished episode 5. This is the craziest fucking show I've ever watched. Still no idea what is going on LOL
Perfection start to finish.
Just finished it last night. Fucking ace!!
Genuinely bummed it's gone. Now what the fuck do I watch?
I think I've got Westworld II on a hard drive, though I've heard nothing about it so it can't be as good as S1