For a better tomorrow.
For the most part, I really don't get tattoos.
- I change my mind waaay too often to ever decide on something that permanent, ever-inscribed upon my person.Nairn
- Same herepango
- i only get the sexy onessted
- Damn. I am thinking about getting my first one at 50. Crisis? I can't quite get that Porsche I want yet...so....formed
- You do you, man. I just don't get them.
Also, fuck getting a Porsche.Nairn
- I got a tattoo of a Porsche with a topless lady driving it on my 40thnb
- I got a tattoo of a butt, on my buttscarabin
- ok boomerneverscared
- You can win any argument with “but butt butt”nb
- I get how there's a look to a 'sleeve' - if you're a certain type of young man, wearing shades, in a dusty petrol blue t-shirt and jeans... could look ok.shapesalad
- but that is for a 'young man' at any age going forwards, when you lose the muscles and hair, skin wrinkles, it just doesn't look good at all, sad in fact.shapesalad
- @neverscared - i was helping design tattoos for Jewish 'gangsters' and nutter hippies in my twenties. Nothing to do with 'boomer'. I never got them. Ever.Nairn
- So for that alone it's a sign of reduced cognitive function, lacking the ability to forward project and anticipate.shapesalad
- Everyone is always trying hard to be unique and different, but they all end-up looking the same....but look at me...look at me!utopian
So I finally got my sign up and Fuck, this shit is amazing.
Tried a few random ones, including "photograph of a cat dressed in knitted Loki garb, holding a ball of yarn"
- amazing. photoshop is dead.uan
- can you please input: "aringa ora ata tepuna"
it's in the language of eastern island (rapa nui) and I got astonishing results in midjourney.uan
- and I'm dying to know how dall-e 2 handles this phrase.uan
- @drgs: Nairn just busy playing with dall-e, he might still give me the output faster than I get in...in hours when he gets out again.uan
- I know Nairn wont disappointdrgs
- I'm not sure, he is from London after alluan
- i am absolutely not 'from' London, but I am absolutely lying to you here, uan, sorry.
- I recall your Spanish roots though, not 'from' London Brit.uan
- lololol https://www.etsy.com…imbecile
- dead eyessted
- Wait, so that was fake? Lol what a dick hehe_niko
- And by fake I mean real lol_niko
- LOLololol:) what a surprise!uan
- You just can't believe anything that Nairn spouts off...once a liar always a liar.utopian
- Ah Nairn, you sly bastard!Continuity
- I had my doubts.monospaced
- https://c.tenor.com/… ;)Nairn
Pro tip: buy a bunch of different mice. Different sizes. Alternate between them if not during the work day, then each day.
Because having your hand in the same position all day each day, no matter how ergonomic the mouse is, will start to cause some joint pain. You need variety. You’re hand didn’t evolve to be in the same exact position all day every day.
I’ve got 4 mice I switch between every couple hours. One is very small and is surprisingly comfy after using a vertical mouse.
anybody know a good shop to have these trifold backdrops printed? i'm thinking that stuff CD digipaks are made of would work (that stock they fold over and glue onto itself for stiffness).
needs to be cheap to keep end product price low..
maybe i can fold, glue, and trim myself?
31 years ago today I went to the 2nd loudest gig in my life, Bossanova in full effect and quite incredible. But the loudest by far though was a few years earlier when Motorhead played their Ace Up Your Sleeve Tour in 1980. They had their Bomber lighting rig/strobes/dry ice and a sheer wall of noise, it was brain melting.
- Glad your brain managed to make it back to solid matter! Loudest gig i've been to was Lightening Bolt and Boredoms at the Scala. My ears are still ringing todayIanbolton
- Had a company night out recently and met the guy who looks after the bomber rig, he had some good Lemmy storiesPhanLo
- still got the badge from the loudest night of my life
- I love that you're a fucking human music library and also a fellow member of that other place *wink wink*.garbage
- I saw the Pixies open up for Love & Rockets in 1989. Pixies were loud as Fuck but the loudest show I've ever been to was Dinosaur Jr in a 200 person club.fooler
- I saw Pixies with the Happy Mondays I think it was 89-90?moogchild
- Never saw Motorhead... Jealous.moogchild
- Peter BeardsleyBluejam
- Whoever he is he's BritishYakuZoku
- All of England lolgarbage
- I get the Brit teeth...but why do so many Brit's have down syndrome eyes?utopian
- a bionic limey chav?VectorMasked
- lol @utop, I wonder this but never say it because it’s so offensive?monospaced
Last night my mom was on a roll and told me over facetime that I was ugly because I hadn't had time to shave in a few days.
I told her that nothing is sweeter to a child's ears than a mother telling them they're ugly.
Happy that through the years I'm getting better at dealing with her constant criticism, and that I can now look at it from a place of humour and wonder.
Bless her heart, her ability to see everything wrong in what I do never ceases to amaze me.
- "mom, you're why I'm ugly. Why did you let dad get you pregnant?"imbecile
- spl33nidoru, you're not ugly! don't let her tell you that. Tell her that capn_ron on qbn thinks you're the bees knees.capn_ron
- ^ Continuity, too.Continuity
- Classic toxic mother shit. Ignore it and do your thing.babydick_
- "And whose fault is that?"drgs
- Haha thanks guys! It will drive me mad once in a while, but overall it has become muzak to me. Friends who know her are amazed of how well I turned out.spl33nidoru
- What happened to "a face only a mother could love?"cherub
- Haha sounds exactly like my momOP31
- “Well fuck you”cannonball1978
- My mother has spent her whole life criticizing me, she was never very helpful, but to a large extent I am who I am because of itOBBTKN
- Parenting is not easy. Be benevolent with your parents, surely they always wanted the best for you...OBBTKN
- You are not her only child?drgs
- When I was a kid, my dog got into the trash can and threw it all over the yard. My mom saw it and accidentally said out loud:garbage
- "I hate that dog, she's just like you!" Still cracks me up.garbage
- Join the clubsrhadden
- Thankfully, my mom is not like that, but her mother is that way with her. Really messed up.futurefood
- At the happiest time in my life. Successful in work and super happy with where I was going. I copped the “I really think you have turned out a horrible person”.thumb_screws
- Thanks mother!thumb_screws
- ^ Sorry thumbs, but in a gallows humor way that bluntness is hilarious. Hopefully you've worked it out with her.garbage
- Woah thumb! Ignore her, but this kind of words... Are not easy to forgetOBBTKN
- I’ve been estranged from my parents for well over 10 years now. For the best. Had a great childhood and they were ace parent's. Long story short...thumb_screws
- ...it wasn’t enough for me to be happy with myself and my lot in life. They had preconceived ideas of what happiness and success looks like and it didn’t align...thumb_screws
- ...with their view. Got to a point where I realised I’d never let anyone treat me this awfully in life so why do i let her do it. Not a decision I made lightly...thumb_screws
- ...to cut them out of my life and shitty that it came to it. But fuck me. Not having to deal with the emotional blackmail and shitfuckery has done wonders for...thumb_screws
- ...my mental health.thumb_screws
- My mom thinks I'm gay and wants me to become a hair dresserdrgs
- haha drgs, career and sexual preference change in 3, 2, 1....Ianbolton
- Ha! Ditto to crazy parents casually saying awful things and moving on 5 sec later while we dwell on it for years.
Past a certain age it's just lunatic talk!spl33nidoru
- haha drgs. Try it out for bit. Side hustle. Lifting weights and cutting bangs.thumb_screws
- Cheers to you thumbs. I did a similar thing and put a few thousand miles between me and mine. Didn't mean to seem rude earlier, but I know the feeling.garbage
- @garbage all good, not rude at all man. Distance can be such a good thing.thumb_screws
- i don't get it :(Krassy
- Don't think about it too much :)Nairn
- c'mon Naim, tell meKrassy
- oh damn! got it! haha! that's great!Krassy
- @scarabin this was pic-associated to the shape of the MDMA molecule structure https://www.qbn.com/…Krassy
- Ohh lolscarabin
- I think this is the best PA response so far!Continuity
- rzu-rzu's was great...
reacting to: https://www.qbn.com/…imbecile
- ^ Oh yes, quite!Continuity
- ^^ Oh yes!Krassy
Roe v. Wade
America is fucked. Conservatives intent on going backward no matter what or who has to suffer. They no longer have a claim to morality or human ethics.
- The land of idiotsbabydick_
- I welcome any rebuttal to my opinionated claim.monospaced
- There isn't a leg to stand on to debate it.CyBrainX
- US is one of only four countries since 1994 to restrict abortion, according to the Center for Reproductive Rights, the others being Poland, Nicaragua and Elneverscared
- salvador...... one for the fella who posted the US vs. Romania lately...neverscared
- Oh, my. Romania, you say? Deary me.Continuity
- US is still better.imbecile
- Plenty of states still support abortion.imbecile
- In fact, just one state in the US that supports abortion, is bigger than all of Romania.imbecile
- Just some states!? So that's called PRIVILEGE, guess you guys down there know a lot about it? :)grafician
- Way off topic, but that America managed to to fuck over the most women in a single state is just a glimpse into how morally fucked conservatives are.monospaced
- Did u cum?Nairn
- ?? I've posted a serious debate about employment protection legislation in Sweden
It appeals to my interestsdrgs
- My second proper laugh on QBN today, thanks :)Nairn
- I think she's making a very good point, and I don't even understand Svensk :)rzu-rzu
- What, those happy two? Yes.
Happy bobbling fools.Nairn
- applies to Monday also, kind of.fadein11
- Dall-e is on a run.stewart
- Lolz to qwolrobotinc
- I'm trying to imagine spending enough time to learn to do that so that it's worthwhile to even bother doing that, and I'm thinking I'd rather just not.Nairn
- Brazilian jiujitsu workouycannonball1978
Carters Steam Fair wants to shut shop and sell to a new owner.
They're set up in a nearby park, so I guess this weekend will be the first and last time my wee one will get to see them.
Not the end of the world, but a sad chapter.
Their sign-writing is well-beloved, if you're looking for a design angle here :)
I really love his work.
Have fun at the showsPhanLo
- Not goodOBBTKN
- That is really kind of sad :(dee-dubs
- The times are a changing, the days of the 40 foot trailer are over.shapesalad
- Crouch End? That park's right by my place. I always love their signpainting, have taken many a photo of it over the yearsBaskerviIle