For a better tomorrow.
Apologies for the the shitty photo and wall of words, but there's a front row seat to the absolute circus that was my street yesterday afternoon.
Had a wrecker blocking my other stoop, police, firetrucks and Incident Response vehicles lighting up my kitchen, and a crowd of rubbernecks (two of them exchanged numbers and made a date).
Squint towards the back and you can see the stolen SUV that plowed through the intersection, sliced off a car's bumper, bounced off a retaining wall and then ping-ponged UP the hill, totalled my neighbor's car, and then flipped.
The guy fled the scene, leaving behind a Rottweiler and drugs. Said dog eventually climbed out of the SUV and was running loose in the neighborhood.
We live right on the street, our stoops are 3 steps and the road starts. Said road is narrow as Hank Hill's urethra. Had that asshole been driving southbound, he would have either hit both my and my girlfriend's cars, or a stolen car with a dog and heroin could have landed in the living room.
The icing on the cake is of all people, the parked car that was totalled belongs to the neighbor who is far, far too old to have a room full of giant Pokemon dolls (pushing 50, Pikachu is pushing 5 feet, and yes we all saw them that one time you forgot to draw the shades), and I'll just leave you with his vanity plate.
ps don't make fun of my roses, rose season is over.
- Holy shit! Glad everyone’s okayscarabin
- Thanks bro. I was locked away in my office when it happened, and when the dogs started going nuts because GTA was happening outside..garbage
- ..all they got from me was a weary "ugh please stfu". Then I walked to the kitchen for a snack and it was bedlam.garbage
- also PS, when the SUV flipped it almost hit my neighbor's other car. An orange Mini with an "OHAI" vanity plate, lol.garbage
- Your place looks gorgeous x.Nairn
- @nairn lol. Been too busy for gardening. I can't even describe this neighborhood in a note. Google and other campuses are a few minutes walk.garbage
- 50/50 on this place being a speakeasy in the prohibition era, and coyotes sleep underneath that horrid hedge in the first photo.garbage
- There is a small averaging effect, so most AI faces turn out to be harmonious/relativel... good-looking. Real faces have more deviationdrgs
- Sure. I'm talking about the mutant faces and body parts in the background.jagara
- Hands fused with plants etc. Eeech.jagara
- dead eyessted
- I expected to find the children more convincing that the adults, but I think the opposite is true.Wolfboy
- Maybe it's the lack of extra features (aging lines, stubble, etc.) & smoother skin make the general subtle flaws more obvious (eyes that are slightly off, etc.)Wolfboy
- Get hooked on phonics.palimpsest
- These are not as mental as the weirdness of thiscatdoesnotexist or the horse one.Ianbolton
- Because humans are boring.PhanLo
- eh he lives in a bubble.sted
- He's pretty right, I love this man.i_was
- I can answer that for, ahem, money.Wordsworth
- fru greedneverscared
- American heronb
- There is a significant jump in farming, manufacturing methods in the last decade thanks to the enormous amount of brains working on these solutions.sted
- And trust me their reward is much more greater than the ones who work on ad optimization. You just don't know about these things...sted
- @PhanLo is right in some way, average people don't care about these things. They care more about the stuff where they feel cheated / exploited.sted
- The fight is over morals, not intelligence.
Plenty of smart people without a moral compassgrafician
- Does he think scientists don’t get paid?scarabin
- just the latest on all 3 topics.sted
- Idk, Why did he decide to use his mind to create mass surveillance?doriangrey
- Sounds like communism Ed...yuekit
- Fred Kreugerlemmy_k
- Ronald ReaganGuyFawkes
- Charlton Hestonutopian
- Betty WhiteRamanisky2
- long bath wankbabydick
- Palm readers hate himNonEntity
- I want the actual answer so I know who to blame for my complete loss of appetite.garbage
- Oh wow, the actual answer is the most non-surprising ghoul imaginable. The hands fit the soul on this one.garbage
- ^ lolRamanisky2
- Surprised there isn’t an eyeball in the middle of the palm like in Pans Labyrinth. Must be Mitch McConnell???Ramanisky2
- Joe Bidenmort_
- Stroked the hair of one too many pre-teens.mort_
- @ram I'll give you a hint: Mupert Rurdoch.garbage
- Skin suitPhanLo
- Skinwalker Ranch - Patient Zeroutopian
- Ben Grimm5timuli
- ahhh thanks garbage.Ramanisky2
- How the fuck are they allowed to do this?sted
- They will argue that protecting their stock value is critical to America's economy, and they'll get away with it. WHAT A COUNTRYnb
- go get 'em Katie! bust out the charts and wreck shit!!!!!_niko
- Increase. Shareholders. Wealth.DRIFTMONKEY
- It's called Capitalism...Google it or ask Hotroddy.utopian
- Yeah, but we shouldn’t break up FB. That’s anti business.doriangrey
- The Facebook comment is off topicmonospaced
First 3 episodes aired; heavy, character driven & mysterious. Well done Apple, well done mate.
- Gonna watch this evening._me_
- its like a stephen king thing.... innit ?
hope it gets better_me_
- I’ll give it a watch, but I’ve heard some so-so reviewshardhat
- you haven't noticed any dumb things?
production quality is top-notch, but the writing/directing makes it a joke for me.sted
- a lot more 'soap opera' like than I was anticipating. But I'll keep watching.dopepope
- I think Invasion stays true to its theme on exploring the unknown and unfolding human drama.Wordsworth
- Maybe it's better to slow things down, maybe doing things well, instead of doing more things.Wordsworth
- cliché on cliché with 10min scenes to sympathize with the character and its situation. nothing but suffering on every level.sted
- Sometimes with ridiculously irrational situations.
"You had to buy a Tesla!"sted
This guy is a doctor who's generally a pro-vaxxer but is also open minded to look at facts:
- you legit trying to convince someone here of something or is this just the way you are?GuyFawkes
- i like knowledge, it's just the way i am.pr2
- pr2 you must be fun at partiesOP31
- QBN is not a party... it's an internet forum.pr2
- Dr. John Campbell is cool, he even masks his plush toy dog:
- I also had heartbeat irregularities after the vaccines. Instead of being an idiot, I saw a cardiologist and got it treated.monospaced
- Turns out it wasn’t related to the vaccine.monospaced
- His panick attack had nothing to do with the warnings and fear mongering of anti vax idiots. Not at all.monospaced
- I also had the symptoms he described with arthritis. Once again, because I’m not an idiot, I saw a doctor instead of going to the ER, and got checked out.monospaced
- mono debates a real pro-vax doctor this time... what's next, debating his own shadow?pr2