For a better tomorrow.
- Well, not to be 'that guy' but that particular potato masher is foldable to alleviate exactly that issue it claims to invoke. E-, could do better.Morning_star
- I too have a foldable masherpango
- Team foldable!sted
- I have that exact one and he's a sonuvabiatchmonospaced
- The masher pictured actually has a hinge to make it more compact for storage in drawers. Memefailnb
- it amazingly still uses that hinge to stop your drawermonospaced
- That hinge will turn those draw-stoppers only 45 degrees, That's not going to save your drawer or your sanity at all.CyBrainX
- its end will be still higher than the handle, and i don't think this has the same opening mechanism. does it still creates a horizontal barrier in the drawer?sted
- Not to mention other utensils getting jammed in-between the prongs.mort_
- I use this one. it's sturdier than it looks.
- Hang them from your kitchen rack doi.garbage
- I don't have a kitchen rack.monospaced
- have a drawer that even kitchen professionals couldn't fix without tearing the whole cupboard out because of this shit. we've accepted that drawer has gone now.fadein11
- @mono Life changer. If you have that folding masher it might work on a knife strip if the metal is right.garbage
- My kitchen, despite being very big, doesn't even have a spot to hang my knife strip. Anyway, this isn't a REAL issue :)monospaced
- I don't find this funny. Just buy this and put the masher in it https://tinyurl.com/…shapesalad
- Put your awkward utensils in a heavy vase on the counter, dummynb
- “This item always gets stuck in the drawer and it drives me crazy!!!”, he said and then continued to keep it in that drawer for the next 60 yearsnb
- You can get short knife strips. I think mine is just 11”scarabin
- I don’t prepare meat though so i only need like 4 knives. You probably have morescarabin
Why Indian-born CEOs dominate Silicon Valley
Indian-origin people account for just about 1% of the US population and 6% of Silicon Valley's workforce - and yet are disproportionately represented in the top brass. Why?
"No other nation in the world 'trains' so many citizens in such a gladiatorial manner as India does,"
"From birth certificates to death certificates, from school admissions to getting jobs, from infrastructural inadequacies to insufficient capacities," growing up in India equips Indians to be "natural managers,"
- without any malice:
obedience and loyalty.sted
- He seems like a twatNBQ00
- better.com CEO accused hundreds of the 900 people he laid off on Zoom of 'stealing' by working only 2 hours daily.utopian
- better.com sounds like a swell company to work at, where do I sign up and do I need to supply my own whip?_niko
- capitalism + colonialism. Like Hong Kong, India benefited greatly as part of British colony/commonwealthhotroddy
- Before Britain entered India it had 25% of the worlds trade. When Britain left it had 4%.PhanLo
- "India benefited greatly"... nevermind the famines, the holocausts, the plundering of national wealth. You're a moron hotroddy!Khurram
- without any malice:
Watched it last night. Was pretty good.
- Matt Damon’s mullet was funny tho. Always reminded me like some hick from the south of the US than a medieval French knight.NBQ00
- He looks like Theo Von in this movieMilan
- hahaha looks like Theo Von exactly. I wonder if that style could catch onnb
- Why notNBQ00
- Hm. Could be good. Could be poop.jagara
- Reminded me of the tv series Dark (on Netflix)...Bluejam
- I might be wrong...but this feels regurgitated.utopian
- The real question is how much bandwidth are you willing to sacrifice to torrent?Wordsworth
- Bjam, I enjoyed Dark! The resolution was less satisfying than the journey thomisterhow
- That’s not critical race theory. That’s just plain old historyGnash
- that's exactly the point @Gnashakiersky
- < Not the point taxshurchs was trying to makeGnash
- I grew up in texas and they never once mentioned thisscarabin
- If this is true, it would fall within critical race theory, for sure. If this is true, it would be great to teach as it provides the true and complete history.monospaced
fuck so worked.. went to Melbourne for a short getaway.. was meant to be Friday night to Monday afternoon.
boss tells me he booked me for a job Monday (even tho he never confirmed) so I had to fly back early leave wife and kids there.
7:15am flight need to wake up at 5am to get there on time..
12:50am I get a call from Jetstar telling they have cancelled my flight. as the text woke me up, I was able to rebook on the 6:10am flight.. which meant leaving at 4:30am..
book uber for pickup and get 3 hours of very broken sleep..
4:30 comes, no uber, check app, no uber, refresh at, all of a sudden booking vanished only to be replaced with options that were literally double the price..
get to airport, they try and tell me I requested a refund and not a rebook, even though I took a screenshot after I rebooked..
20 minutes of back and fourth, finally they get me on the flight..
who the fuck cancels at 7am flight at 1am ..
cunts.. that's who.
obviously Jetstar is basically garbage anyway, but still.. new levels of fuckery
anyway, here I am, warmed up dog vomit trying to keep my eyes open long enough
- in caught a taxi.. fuck uberautoflavour
- similar thing happened to me a few weeks back. never uber to airport is like 2x the price at least.inteliboy
- uber's fucked now. $35 for a 4.5km journey last Friday evening. Plus Jetstar ... yikes ... the joy of travel!MrT
- It's called capitalism...next book your trip, hotel and flight through: hotroddy.comutopian
- Also learn how to say no to your boss.SlashPeckham
- What Slash said. "Yes, I am back on Monday, but not until the Afternoon, sorry." should've been the reply ;)microkorg
- "The animal wrests the whip from its master and whips itself in order to become master"palimpsest
- It's called capitalism...the boy should of legally registered the name and gotten copyright protection through: hottroddy.comutopian
- The kid broke the law he should suffer the consequences. Sorry but I have no sympathy for people who break the lawnb
- little commie bastardGuyFawkes
- Ha, I've only seen the Venezuelan version, which is way cooler because they upped it $200mil. It is depressing that people think this shit is real.garbage
Saw it yesterday on the big screen (it's only just opened here in prison). Definitely one for the cinema not the sofa. It looks spectacular. One of the best bits of world-building in ages and mum steals the show. Loved it.
And only for those familiar with '80s UK TV...
Hard to believe but my mate's wife was completely unfamiliar with the entire thing, new film, old film, book - everything. For quite a while we had her convinced we were off to see the light-hearted origin story of June, part two will be Terry's.
- Lol. I'd watch Terry in Dune.Fax_Benson
- Caught it yesterday too. Im fresh from a re read and they have done a cracking a job of translating to screen.thumb_screws
- ^ Sydney : )MrT
- LOL.. prison. brah.. like.. cmon now
Prison island perhaps..autoflavour
- lol I thought I'd piss less people off if I just said Sydney.MrT
- Damn prisoners have it cushy these days. I’m a free man living in America and haven’t seen it yetnb
- It's an alright movie. Looks very nice, and ends in such a retarded way.babydick
build 4 legged robots they said, nothing bad will happen they said..
starting to think "they" is just an A.I somewhere desperately trying to escape the computer its stuck on.
- “We’ll just show them videos of our warbots dancing”scarabin
- still one of the most horrific things I've ever seen, uncaring, uncompromising, unfeeling, cold killing machine: https://www.youtube.…_niko
- USA #1utopian
- U.S. Opposes a Ban on Killer Robots
Can someone suggest a good werewolf movie? Please refrain from recommending any of the Wolfen movies. Those are so bad, even I cant watch them.
- The Howling and American Werewolf in London are the only 2 I can think of.Ramanisky2
- Teen Wolf (OG with MJF)nb
- Oh shit this one
- ^That was blocked from my memory!
- Dog Soldiers
- CURSE OF THE QUEERWOLF https://www.imdb.com…scarabin