For a better tomorrow.
FDA says Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine meets requirements for emergency use authorization.
Who the hell wants to receive a vaccine that is only 66.9% effective?
• Johnson & Johnson covid-19 vaccine 66.9% effective
• Pfizer covid-19 vaccine 95% effective
• Moderna covid-19 vaccine 94.1% effective
- I trust Johnson.
NOT so much Johnson.ideaist
- S P U T N I K 5renderedred
- isn't the point they all prevent serious illness/hospitalisat...fadein11
- LOL, ideaist.
I read that in Norm Macdonald's voice.palimpsest
- open and shut case johnsonGuyFawkes
- i heard that J&J was tested against many more covid variants and that's why lower % and if Pf or Mod had tested against the newer variants it wouldnt be in theslinky
- 90+ %slinky
- and i also heard they are considering a 2nd J&J shot which would raise effectiveness to similar to Pf & Mod.slinky
- 66.9% is very high. A typical flu vaccine for comparison might only be 40-50% effective. But that's enough. Pfizer/Modern are amazingly highBaskerviIle
- ^I read that in Dave Chappelle's voicegrafician
- So you guise can get in line for the 66% effective vaccine shot...I'm getting the 95% effective vaccine shot.utopian
- 28% effectiveness is a big difference.utopian
- Probability is a dick like that.noRGB
- as long as everyone shoots up the 5G we will all be fineGuyFawkes
- --S P U T N I K 5--ApeRobot
- I'd get it, then get the Pfizer/Moderna later when they are more available. Something is better than nothing at this pointakiersky
- I trust Johnson.
If you bought 1 bitcoin last year, guess how many bitcoins you'd have today?
So it's stable.
Maybe it's the $ that's fluctuating.
Think about that.
Bitcoin is mathematically limited to 21m ever being printed.
How many $ are the US Federal Reserve limited to printing, and how much say do you have in them issuing more currency? Because each time they pump another trillion into the economy that dollar you have your wallet just lost some of its value, that 1 bitcoin you have, is still 1 bitcoin.
- There’s no need to explain it. The naysayers have their minds made up here. Crypto currency is only the Future. Hard to believe people don’t get it.BH26
- An extremely libertarian viewpoint to say the least... following your logic if it falls down to sub $4k you'd be happy because it would still be 1 BTC. stablejonny_quest_lives
- maybe the sun is stable and the Earth rotates around IT! ever think about that??sarahfailin
- Comparing the Bitcoin ecosystem to the Fed is not accurate as Bitcoin was developed to allow transfer of capital between to parties without the need of banksjonny_quest_lives
- FYI guys... we orbit around Pluto.shapesalad
- Hurr durr 1 bitcoin. Stable genius. You're a fucking jokebabydick
- If you can redeem/sell your Bitcoin for the price you want more power to you... but trying to validate this emperor has no clothes shady exhange ecosystemjonny_quest_lives
- is another matter... The legitimacy you crave comes with regulations... and I am by no means defending the current financial systemjonny_quest_lives
- it has flaws, but is regulated by the government with appointed oversight which in theory should hold fiscal entities in compliance with laws and adequatejonny_quest_lives
- funding to issue credit. Who do you appeal to if something goes wrong on current exhanges? or an exchange locks u out during tradingjonny_quest_lives
- because the exchange may be complicit in the price manipulation themselves and not have redeemable capital at all?jonny_quest_lives
- this is not a decentralized marketplace at all that ship has sailedjonny_quest_lives
- If the dollar was really fluctuating that much then a pizza that cost $10 a decade ago would cost a million dollars. The opposite of what happened with Bitcoin.yuekit
- And let's be honest if Bitcoin wasn't so unstable in value no one would be talking about it. The thing that makes it attractive as a speculative investmentyuekit
- is the same thing that makes it unworkable as a real world currency.yuekit
- Value of $ isn’t based on Bitcoin you fucking clown. Compare it to baseball cards or another commodity if you want to make comparisons. This is stupid.monospaced
- One thing's for sure - Bitcoin et al is a more divisive topic than Mac vs. PC.Nairn
who the hell puts bread in the freezer?
- Only acceptable if you live in the tropics. You get mould on bread almost instantaneously.thumb_screws
- < yep. I live in the subtropics and bread lasts about 36 hours unfrozen unless you spend big bucks on A/Csausages
- K that explains it. I live in Canada and there's just no need to put bread in freezerpango
- i buy shit tons of english muffins at a time and some of that gets frozenscarabin
- same here scarabin!monospaced
- I think freezers are just for vodka and ice.
maybe some chillis but anything bigger would just take up to much room.uan
- I freeze bread. Great for sliced stuff I use for egg sandwiches that I only make every once in a whilescruffics
- im with uanpango
- People who eat one slice a weekdrgs
- Sliced bread in N. America is already pretty lame. Nice to keep frozen for the odd sandwich or avocado toast when you don’t want to walk to the bakerynb
- Bread freezes wellGnash
- If we have more than one loaf for some reason, the extra goes in the freezer. Tend not to eat a lot of it.i_monk
- TIL pango is probably getting fat on a shit-ton of bread he’s pigging out on before it needs to be frozen.Continuity
- With COVID, and eating all meals inside, for three people 3x a day, sandwiches are regular. I buy and store bread in the freezer when it's on sale.monospaced
- Sucks runnign out of your favorite loaf when you really want it. Now I don't have to!monospaced
- people who eat a lot of bread but shop infrequently? standard practice.Fax_Benson
- I do. bake 4 loafs of sourdough every 3 weeks, freeze 3 Loafs.a_aachen
- Do you put frozen bread straight into the toaster? serious questiin lolsea_sea
- ya. wouldnt frozen bread just become soggy?pango
- On the contrary freezing dries it out a bitdrgs
- Our toaster has a from-freezer setting. I bake 2 loaves every other week or so these days.i_monk
this stuff is the best with thatsted
- (bread soaked in milk and then eggs, fried in a pan)sted
- I actually quite like bread toasted from frozenscruffics
- For sure! Always!sab
- Yeah, especially if it's a preservative-free loaf that is nearing the end of its life. Frozen toast. As for putting vodka in the freezer.. just don't do it.garbage
- bread defrosts super fast, and you wouldn't even know it was frozen once it ismonospaced
- I freeze sliced bread
@sted those are great, here in Portugal it's a christmas tradition, coated in sugar and cinnamondmay
- Haven't had bread in months.
- good god! we actually have more bread freezing weirdos! ಠ_ಠpango
- Homemade lasts longer than grocery store brands, I've found.i_monk
Been trying to learn how to do social media in 2021 and feeling like a fake tryhard fool the whole time but just trying to get my music heard / make some connections. Its kinda agonizing and totally against my nature but i feel like if i just stick to it, it'll get easier and feel less cringey. But fuck does it ever feel cringey. Maybe im too judgemental, of myself but also of others because i have a very low tolerance for 'shit that i would be embarrassed to show to the public'. I feel like you kinda need no shame?
Anyway maybe this was more for the 'signs your getting old' thread.
- now im riddled with self doubt for even posting this. what is wrong with me.mantrakid
- so needy and pathetic, nate. why do you think anyone cares?mantrakid
- i donno nate. i guess it just seems like something that shouldnt bother me so i want to get to a point where it doesnt bother me as much and i feel comfortable.mantrakid
- but even more, i think the reason i feel uncomfortable is because im just trying to do what other people are doing. Maybe there's a way to 'be me'..mantrakid
- and i just havent found it yet. It feels like shit to just flog my work like a hooker on a street corner but maybe theres a way to do it uniquely or somethingmantrakid
- LOL man!renderedred
- Social media's raised a generation of narcissists and sociopaths.i_monk
- this is why self-awareness is important. know who you are first. commit to that version of yourself and then accept the acceptance of others or lack thereof.SteveJobs
- i feel you so much. i'm going to say just go for it and who cares.capn_ron
- you are entering a world of pain...renderedred
- I had/have accounts for my two side hustles. I have let both rest for a while now. Too much work for too little benefit. I had a buddy show me Pintrest and showmisterhow
- all of the ins outs and what have yous but I am left with the same feeling. If it were my only gig, perhaps it would be a different storymisterhow
- first rule of social media: share your stuff...so can you share some of your music...HERE? lolgrafician
The absolute dumbest thing I've made this year:
- I LOL’dmort_
- haha. Gross AF but amazingIanbolton
- This is going to make you so much money. Well done.mg33
- He’s not doing it for the money. He’s doing it for the children.mort_
- This is next level. I posted to reddit but it immediately got downvoted haha.mantrakid
- : ) I have no idea how this will make me anything other than bannede-wo
- The Yellow River Boys would be proud. Tim Heidecker fans will get it. And fuck you, garbage (know your place, trash)babydick
- was gonna downvote simply on the subject matter. Ended up voting after watching it.hotroddy
- your lady friend is easy on the eyes too.hotroddy
- waterworld opening scoretank02
- "Dribblin' down m'chin." And agreed, hotroddye-wo
- This is amazing.garbage
- whta did you use for the piss you genius?StoicLevels
- Small world, you’re good friends with my partner Stef, e-wo, haha. Random that qbn has made this connection.refunktion
- Various concentrations of apple juice. Hell yes! Stef is wonderful!e-wo
- After 17 years, your piss song is my first time connecting qbn to real life. Thank you, haha.refunktion
- the piss looks good. congrats.StoicLevels
- I"m really racking my brain itemizing the grown adult men I know who will and won't crack up at this.mg33
- LOL I have watched it dozens of times and just realized that she mouths "like Brandywine"while spinning in it. LMAOmg33
- mantra kid wins the comments with "next level." seriously, I might be laughing at that more.mg33
- lastly e-wo, I think you need to make it landscape, and add the words "PISS" at the end, big happy pillowy font, and add the words "from time to time" under it.mg33
- ^ I wish I could, but I shot this for tiktok (who immediately banned it), and only have portrait.e-wo
- hahahah its just so fucking weird and funny and well produced hahahamantrakid
- Well, I've sent it to at a least 8 friends and everyone has been f'ing cracking up.mg33
- not going to lie, the lady is doing all sorts of things for me..autoflavour
- ^ Agreed. Me too.e-wo
- Liked and shared multiple times. :-)
- Just seeing this now. Completely made my day! This is my brand of humor. Well done... This is GOLDEN ;Daslip
- Requesting a sequel with a buddy. Envisioning long-time bros appreciative of the piss with slo-mo beard pours.aslip
- Is this a new Budweiser ad?utopian
- Banned for a joke about piss??! I’ve seen so much worse get by no problem.monospaced
- Yeah, Tiktok is fickle if you're not already a big account.e-wo
- I'm delighted that y'all dig this at all. Wasn't expecting it. ♥︎e-wo
- that's tremendous. shame tiktok banned it or we could have all added to some giganto qbn-collab like that shanty postmanhans_glib
- Why did I not think of this?NonEntity
- The funniest part is that you thought to post it in “making beats.“mg33
- Sonofabitch. I've watched this like 8 times. The music has such a great late 80s TV show theme vibe about it.Gucci
- You can sing for suredrgs
New Frank Gehrys coming to Toronto:
How they started 8 years ago:
- Crazy how the design changed. Would love to see that process evolveGnash
- From the humble beginnings of mounds of twisted trash as buildings....to stacks of broken lego buildings. This guy is a fucking genius of sorts.utopian
- He's a nice guy, too, humble, especially compared to the other stararchitects.formed
Even putting aside the price stability issue...ease of use, speed, scalability, reliability, security seem like some pretty basic expectations people would have for digital payments.
Is there a cryptocurrency that currently offers these things? I think the decentralized aspect of crypto actually works against it. Large institutions like VISA and PayPal are able to offer fast reliable digital payment networks because they are large institutions.
IMO that's why Facebook's Libra project (or whatever they are calling it now)...with all these big names behind it, was seen as far more threatening than Bitcoin by the government.
Maybe it will all change in the future as the technology improves but right now it's hard to imagine a decentralized digital currency competing with a centralized one in terms of mass adoption.
- Visa and Mastercard are not instant. The payment is, the settlement is not, that's why you have chargebacks and payments blocked for monthsESKEMA
- It will get faster, it will get cheaper, and it will get easier to use. Same as Internet speed was 56K in the early days.zaq
- I see blockchain not as technology improvement, but rather power disruption. Old money and power has little control over it.zaq
- @zaq What I meant is that as fundamental technologies improve... computing, internet speed, energy efficiency... it may become more viable.yuekit
- Right now it's an insanely resource intensive, inefficient way to buy a cup of coffee. For investing it makes sense, not so much for everyday payments.yuekit