For a better tomorrow.
Just tried to book my shot - fucking 30th May!
I've got tickets booked for Italy at the end of the month, motherfuckers.
(my partner booked tickets - super cheap, can change twice for free - there's fuck all chance I am going soon, and I suspect almost fuck all chance my partner will be going either, even with her full vaccination).
Going to pop in to the local vax centre with my appointment slip and an appropriate sense of barely-frothing middle class outrage and see if I can get some daily dreg ends.
- yeah, go everyday waiting for some extra doses. good luck, mateKrassy
- you'll do bst where they have the pfizer gunk, as that goes off quickly and they'll be keen to get rid.hans_glib
- ^ thisKrassy
- I can already see you in the parking lot.
- that's crazy, thought we were similar ages.fadein11
- Drive out to the country side. Make an appointment there.wagshaft
If every government has listened to the "COVID skeptics" and just done nothing...no masks, no lockdown, no rush vaccine development...what would the outcome have been?
- The other side would be complaining.palimpsest
- Even COVID believers take measures as a personal affront.
This is the way.palimpsest
- Everybody wants change but nobody wants to change.palimpsest
- @palimp yeah shut down Fox, qanon and trump and all those bozos, can you do that?grafician
- See India, Brazil, etc.grafician
- Also imagine instead of covid having ebola rampant for a year with no vaccinegrafician
- they would loose 0.004 of their population, then enough people would get the virus that it stopped being a threat.pr2
- 0.4% of their population.pr2
- it would have sped everything up. the same people would have gone down with / died of it. hospitals would have been overrun, politicians would be in the dockhans_glib
- 'politicians would be in the dock' ... flol
Politicians are never in the dock.Continuity
- something like india.shapesalad
- worse than indiakaiyohtee
- CASE IN POINT: pr2 again with his crazy math and no disregard for human lifegrafician
- no regard*grafician
- uncontrolled chaos... unboundend exponnential infection shifts... boom. way worse than india...neverscared
- death war distructionsted
- pr2 would have to live with the symptoms, after a decade or so the oxygen cylinder becomes his best friend and he just kills himself.sted
1. For the truly awful update. What the fuck.
2. Refusal to increase artist royalties despite subscription increase.
3.The fact that I'm so tied in to it.
- What update? Desktop or mobile?NBQ00
- They've fucked every useful feature in an effort to push curated playlists. Self-vandalism.Fax_Benson
- try Apple Music, the UI is not amazing, but at least they give more to the artistsgrafician
- Fax, you’re exaggerating? I don’t really see so much negative about the latest desktop update.NBQ00
- The only thing that sucks is that Podcasts on desktop have no chronological episode view of latest shows like on mobile.NBQ00
- Miss old layout, seems 'apple-ified' now with all the roundnessshapesalad
- It seems Spotify changes the UI like every month.NBQ00
- What's important here: "The fact that I'm so tied in to it"i_was
Type is a bit rough and i had some bubbles, but it’s pretty neat to see this thing in stone finally. Never worked with clay or cement before
- thats one nice hard cockGuyFawkes
- stone cold cockutopian
- Looks cool, I assume that you sculpted this and what is this for?utopian
- One of my hens passed recently. i wanted to make something to remember her and other pets. Good chance to try a new mediumscarabin
- So good!BaskerviIle
- You might try rigging up a vacuum chamber to degas your concrete before pouring. I think they do that with cast countertops.monNom
- Ahh good idea. I have one of those, i’ll try it with my next pourscarabin
- respect scar, other people learn stuff during quarantine, but you push it to another level by doing cocks.oey_oey
- “Push it to another level by doing cocks” has always served me wellscarabin
- a rock-hard cock, no less.monNom
- we all love your cockGuyFawkes
- a cock in the hand is worth two in the bushutopian
- fucking Morrissey fans...oey_oey
- Skills dude. Really dig it.
Even better considering you hadn't done it before.PhanLo
- cock — hen = cocaineESKEMA
- So dope. I kind of like the rough type, and I think it will weather well. Keep being cool, scara.garbage
- it's lovely, great work.fadein11
- 5G increase 100%palimpsest
- basically, covid is the cure-it-all we've all been waiting for...pr2
- covid cures what?pango
- Look at the data, pr2. All you have to do is look at the data.palimpsest
- What is varicella? Sounds Italian!!Ianbolton
- ^ it's like stracciatella but with a higher variety of ingredients hence varicellaoey_oey
- ^ why would anyone want to get rid of that?palimpsest
- You put it over pasta? Is it a dessert?palimpsest
- ^ Funny you say that. A friend of mine in Poland recently told me that spaghetti cooked in sweetened water, with straberry sauce and whipped cream on top ...Continuity
- ... is a big thing there.Continuity
- I just puked in my mouth a littleoey_oey
- Tiramisu is dessert lasagna.palimpsest
- Don't enjoy eitheroey_oey
- she might have a super low immune system.pango
- send someone else to shop for youdrgs
- Let people live! This is fine!nb
- That is actually coolSlashPeckham
- she might be out of work and got no money to pay people to buy for her.pango
- Order groceries onlinedrgs
- drgs has all the answers lolnb
- This is the kind of inside-the-box thinking we all needstoplying
- Exclusively at 7 Elevendrgs
- Lol@ “now with fork”Gnash
- Banksy? Also lol "NET WT 1 Jug"garbage
- mmmm! where has this been all my life?!GuyFawkes
- Before when it was sold without the fork, you had to drink the salad from the jug's mouth?drgs
- ^ lol right ?!?
Also this amazing product does not need refrigeration... mmmmRamanisky2
- This has to be some kind of parody, tried to altavista "Henton's" -- nothingdrgs
- "10% of all profits donated to US Military"... I'd say it's a parody.monNom
Absolute goldmine of lolsBluejam
- God help usi_was
- It's absolutely a plant. I asked "Banksey?" because it smacks of the time he planted a fake Paris Hilton CD in stores.garbage
- liquid stilton, where can I buy?fadein11
- FRESH! omg. bowk!microkorg
Meanwhile Norwegian fishermen ...
“In consequence, there will be no British-caught Arctic cod sold through chippies for our national dish – it will all be imported from the Norwegians, who will continue to sell their fish products to the U.K. tariff-free while we are excluded from these waters. Quite simply, this is a disgrace and a national embarrassment,” Sandell said.
- We're taking back our fish!PhanLo
- It's incredible. The fishing industry has been royally screwed.fadein11
- There won't be any fish left in the sea in 10yrs yet we are constantly fucking fighting with other countries about who gets to catch the last few.Hayzilla
- first one to catch them all wins, right?Fax_Benson
- "national embarrassment”
Is it an embarrassment when it's entirely expected of a government of half-wit toffs & useful idiots, who are almost exclusively...Wolfboy
- vulture capitalists with little of no personal stake in the fishing industry? The UK really is the perfect storm of the worst people at the controls...Wolfboy
- at the wrong time plus an electorate who are in a state of perpetual ignorance when it comes to politics and the consequences of listening to spivs & grifters.Wolfboy
- On the plus side, today I learned of the existence of Scottish pelagic fishing barons.Nairn
- As a Yank, yes. Your incompetent and corrupt politicians and your moronic fellow citizens can be an embarrassment on an international scale.garbage
- The corner bar serves a legit fish and chips, and I'll have some in solidarity when the day is done.garbage
- the sandell woman tho is in charge of one of those massive industrial trawlers (apparently it catches 1/12of all cod and haddock in the uk)hans_glib
- so i think we need to read her comments in that light. this in no way excuses the uk govt's uselessness tho.hans_glib
- Nairn, the other week it was Bottle Merchants, this week it’s Scottish Pelagic Fishing Barons. HahaIanbolton
- In the words of Bernard Manning ‘it’s a fucking disgrace’Ianbolton
- ^ lol yesBluejam
Seems I have a couple of friends who don't subscribe to the same views as me regarding vaccines. I'm not going to demonize them and would prefer to stay friends and see them for coffee etc.
So I'm curious, from a safety point of view, what's your strategy in terms of close contact with friends who won't get vaccinated, if you have any?
- If you got the vaccine it's a small risk for you, a big one for them.
Why is it so hard to grasp that unless we ALL get vaccinated we're not in the clear!grafician
- flol at the vaccine putting us in the clear.hans_glib
- i have a good friend who doesn't intend to get the vaccine. she feels (quite rightly) that it hasn't been tested properly and she would like the choice...hans_glib
- ... not to have it. we've seen each other regularly throughout the whole pandemic and i'm not abandoning her because of her stance.hans_glib
- i say that as someone who will be fully vacc'd by next week.hans_glib
- @hans, will you both continue to wear masks and socially distance when you meet?mort_
- I'm in the same boat as hans, getting my first dose at 4.30 and have friends who refuse to get it who I've hung out with throughout this pandemicIanbolton
- Happy to let people make their own choices, but i think it's hard to discrimminate as some people just don't have a lot of trust in anything right nowIanbolton
- Yeah, I don't think anyone is on firm ground here really. You have to just educate yourself as best as you can and go with what makes sense to you.mort_
- And avoid certain conversations with those friends if they aren't productive.mort_
- It depends on what they do with their time. If they're honest with you and if they are extremely limiting indoor contact then it's low risk for you.nb
- 99.7% survival. Stop being anti-science.Hayoth
- The same science says wearing masks is important. Can’t pick and choose you commie bitch.monospaced
- @mort no we'll continue to meet up indoors and hug each other, as we pretty much have done throughout the whole sorry affair.hans_glib
- i should add that to begin with we were very respectful - she shared a house with a worried housemate, and i had to visit my folks, so we needed to be sure...hans_glib
- ... we weren't carrying anything nasty. but after a while it became obvious that we were effectively a bubble so that was that.hans_glib
- i have both vaccinated and non vaccinated friends and i am not. nothing changed with me and them. i respect their choice and they respect mine.renderedred
- To clarify grafician, it's no risk to the vaccinated and barely any risk to the unvaccinated, assuming they're not obese, don't have comorbidities, etc...MondoMorphic
- You got vaxed. The chance of you getting re-infected is super slim. Trust your immune systems and start living again.pr2
- Everyone has a different risk profile. AZ is like 1 in 100k will get a blood clot and die. That might be an unnessasary risk, or it might be acceptable riskmonNom
- If you live in a way that you're not likely to get covid, even if it's 100x more likely to kill you, that might not make sense for you. For most people, it doesmonNom
- not everybody dies from a blood clot, that's not true, but you're going to live on blood thinner for the rest of your life.sted
- Family of 4 gets AZ.
Mother over 75: no side effects or symptoms.
Daughter: fever, weakness 4 days suffering
Son2: no side effects or symptoms.sted
- Mother and Son2 are obese and strong smokers they live an unhealthy life, Son1 is just smoking, Daughter obese and non-smoker.sted
- my wife, my daughter and I have all had the 1sst shot of Phizer. Don't think I'll be hanging out with anyone that hasn't had the shot unless we're wearing masksexador1
- If you got the vaccine it's a small risk for you, a big one for them.
- I have a feeling things will turn around. These products are great.dbloc
- is this Jessica Alba's diaper co?Krassy
- That's a really straight line for a yearnb
- It’s for less than ONE DAY ffs. The stock IPOd today. This chart is only 3 hrs into trading ffs. Not a year. Today is May 6monospaced
- yeah only been on the market 1 day.dbloc
- lol its clearly says 11:00 (+yearly chart shows month/year at the end)sted
- The ego is strong with this one.
There are at least 3 photos of Jessica Alba on every single page.utopian
- Ok, but there is also a fat green line under the 1 Year filternb
- I mean I get it. If I look at all the tiny grey numbers it makes sense. But that fat green line! It’s called UX vs UI look it upnb
- yeah if you set the chart on a new stock to yearly it will look like this. google just predicts the stocks future and it's always a crash.sted
- Closed at 43instrmntl
- I agree. those buttons should only show up if the span is available for that stock. Lazy programming.dbloc
- I don’t care what the button says. It’s a 3 hour chart.monospaced
"Nicholas Wade, one of the world's best science journalists, meticulously reviews the evidence for Covid's origin and concludes that a lab escape in Wuhan is the most likely explanation:"
It's a long read the article, you can take the time (over 40 mins) and make up your mind later - if not, then it's a confirmation for some...
- Still... "most likely" doesn't mean it was.nb
- @nb read the article and decide later the percent of "most likely" you agree withgrafician
- nicholaswade at yahoo.com
Is all we need to know.palimpsest
- "It’s important to note that so far there is no direct evidence for either theory." P5, S2monospaced
- "So I have only clues, not conclusions, to offer." He flat out says he does not make a conclusion. Someone else said that.monospaced
- @mono it is almost impossible after a year to find any definitive proof, but yeah here we are...grafician
- just sayin', there is no conclusionmonospaced
- It was Randy Marsh. He had sex with a bat on the rip with Mickey MousePhanLo
- @mono not pushing an agenda, just sayin, the probability is not 0, more closer to 1 in time...grafician
- and continuing, when it comes to communist countries, an example would be Chernobyl disaster led to the fall of the USSR - let's see if China makes itgrafician
- lol, okaymonospaced
- a list of times (we know of) a virus has escaped from a lab https://armscontrolc…kingsteven
- Chernobyl, if it was funded by the CDC and the biggest European and American business relied on russian exploitation of workers and natural resources?kingsteven
- i think it's incredibly likely it was lab release. i think it's likely we've had collected strains leaked from labs since the beginning of the pandemickingsteven
- I’m on team labGnash
- it's one of those things that are probable but makes no difference at this point, hopefully they create new safety protocols moving forward._niko