For a better tomorrow.
Spent the most of the last couple of years completely off the rails, drinking like a fish, eating ridiculous amounts of junk food. Hit my all time high weight of 280lbs in March then suddenly just started shedding without even trying (60lbs in less than 6 months). Eventually I decided I should probably talk to doctor.
I got some blood work done, and I had an A1c of 12.8, fasting BS 350+. Cholestorol and triglycerides through the roof. I was diagnosed with the diabeetus. Call me Wilford Fucking McBrimley.
Anyway, I cut out all beer and sugary shit, started buying and making desserts and snacks using erythritol, and only eat whole grains. My eA1c is now at a 5.9 (<7 is considered "controlled"). My next checkup for official results is in a couple of weeks.
The first couple of weeks after diagnosis I was honestly devastated, but I've come to realize this was probably one of the best things that could have happened to me to get my fucking act together. I haven't felt this good in years.
- I'm sorry to hear that you have been through so much in recent years. But I'm happy to hear that you are making a strong come back...stay strong, stay well.utopian
- Nice work. Had a similar experience of dropping weight suddenly and was initially diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. After 4 years of trying to manage it with medsmort_
- And diet, it turned out to be type 1. Now on a regimen of insulin and it’s under control.mort_
- Apparently misdiagnosis is common for adult onset type 1 diabetes. Something to be aware of.mort_
- And unexplained weight loss is a common type 1 symptom.mort_
- Oh wow. Thankfully no insulin for me, just a general "get yo shit together". It's nuts how many little ailments can be attributed to diabetes though,5timuli
- it explains a lot. And thanks, utopian, you too :)5timuli
- thumbs up for your determination and seeking for help. you made the right decision.oey_oey
- oh! we love you too NBQ!renderedred
- Let's shower this guy with upvotes , it can take months till he gets upvoted againdrgs
- good, you are back.utopian
- good you're not gone.oey_oey
- Initiating downvote sequence in 5, 4, kidding, glad you didnt bounce.GuyFawkes
- I think some weirdo here has it out for NBQ.inteliboy
- The downvoter mystery remains unsolved. Like herpes, you just have to live with itdrgs
Last week I realized I am the fattest I’ve been in my life. BMI 28. I’ve lost weight and got fit before but it definitely gets harder with age. Pandemic staying home doesn’t help.
I decided to do 100 days of: reduced carb, low-sugar, calorie-deficit.
Today is day 7/100. Lost over five pounds already!!! I’m constantly hungry.
- Try to be healthy, exercise, eat right foods but hate being constantly hungry...last thing I ever want to do. that being said....I could lose weightdkoblesky
- that's healthy to do. keep it stable. sometimes the hungry only means thirsty, so water helps to adjust your perception.uan
- Yeah I’m drinking so much water and herbal tea now. I’m hydrated AFnb
- IMO if you’re 35+ You can’t lose significant weight without spending some time being hungry. You should be hungry at least 3 times a day!nb
- And you need an app to count calories and track your macros. Otherwise your brain will trick you into eating too muchnb
- I quit drinking alcohol which helped me in reducing weight.SimonFFM
- Good luck! Healthy snacks to curb the appetite helped me through 90 day keto.bezoar
- Sounds like a noom advert.shapesalad
- Yerba mate is all you need.shapesalad
- I went from 5 drinks per week (beer or wine) down to zero for 4 months and it didn’t help my weight/shape at all! Weird.nb
- Might I suggest two radically different lockdown friends? Ring Fit and an old, easily to find pdf called Convict Conditioning.garbage
- The 100 day goal is the way to go, because studies show that rapid diets lead to backsliding. The 100 day goal is hard because it's hard to motivate yourself.garbage
- Stay connected, stay motivated, and cheat days are your friend.garbage
- Try the Whole30 you won't be hungry. It's fruits/veggies/prote... only, all you want...but no alcohol, dairy, carbs, beans/legumes. Your body will thank you.davey_g
- besides eating control...you can also point your attention to breathing.
- Oooh yeah breathing. Good advicenb
Arctic UFO Photographs
USS Trepang, SSN 674
Sturgeon-class attack submarine
- Bigelow was on rogan the other day, it was a good epGuyFawkes
- cool !i_was
- Looks fake but neatStoicLevels
- if that's the artic, where's the ice wall?!?!?!pango
- Arrival, Denis Villeneuve'movie?D4W33D
- looks a lost weather balloonshapesalad
- unknown flying objectpango
- Context: https://www.theblack…grafician
- but some of these look like balliistic missiles testsgrafician
- still coolsea_sea
- Curious: https://en.wikipedia…)PeterPancake
- ^sorry, bracket got dropped from the URL? https://www.youtube.…PeterPancake
- thx for the link graficianGuyFawkes
- I can see the string!sab
- Is it the same ship or different models?drgs
- These'd be cool album/ep covers.
Are the images for public use? ;)microkorg
- went to the Arctic, got 3 photos. Went to the bathroom, got 50.Ianbolton
Did NBQ00 really leave us?
Is so, come on back NBQ00...we miss you.
- what happened?_niko
- He waz getting da downvotezGuyFawkes
- Who is QBN00??maquito
- Why is QBN00?pango
- yep, he was serially downvoted, was a little oddfadein11
- For every member who leaves I will certify 5 new onesdrgs
- you weren't certifying a bunch of people already?pango
- 5 new ones on top of my normal amountdrgs
- Can you even find that many people? I'd like to see.pango
- Finding them is easy:
After ponyboy’s magical poo post a while back (and the comments with it) I’ve hit the kombucha pretty hard. Not a fan of the big bottles of flavoured stuff so went for a concentrate I found at the local health food shop.
Diet was always reasonably healthy (notwithstanding the excess of coffee and alcohol) but I’ve stopped eating gluten and have cut down on anything that isn’t at least borderline healthy.
I no longer need multiple trips to the shitter every morning and my poo is on the way to magical status. I’m a new man and have noticed a real change in stress and moodiness as my health improves.
Next stop, quit smoking cigs.
- Nicotine gumGuyFawkes
- I quit smoking through vaping but ended up being hooked on vape for years, gum worked quick for meGuyFawkes
- Yeah might try that. Patches literally gave me nightmares last time I was on them.sausages
- What sucked about patches for me was when you take it off, your still getting nicGuyFawkes
- Gum was more controllable nic wiseGuyFawkes
- Do a quick search on how to make kombucha, you’ll be surprised how easy it is!scarabin
- Cool story. I could do for some guy health solutions myself. But kombucha is is the most disgusting thing ever concocted. Why no gluten?monospaced
- ** gut healthmonospaced
- I hate the taste of kombucha too, hence having the concentrate. One mouthful and it’s over for the day.sausages
- As for gluten, a bit is ok but if I have pizza or pasta I feel rubbish for a day or 2. Not a good tolerance the older I get...sausages
- Which sucks because I really love making dough and eating pizza.sausages
After 14 months of unemployemnt and about 10 months of hard job searching (during a pandemic) -- I finally found FT work as an Art Director. Its been a damn long road filled with lots of self doubt but the grind paid off.
If you are in a similar spot looking for FT work, keep at it and push through. Things may seem super bleak but the goal at the end of the road is worth the struggle.
Keep grinding, y'all!
- The sun, it rises.DRIFTMONKEY
- bravo! onwardKrassy
- Take an upvote and long distance positive vibesdee-dubs
- Been there, nothing lasts forever, not even the bad times if you keep your head up. Give yourself a pat in the back, you deserve it, well done!spl33nidoru
- nice oneFax_Benson
- Congrats! The juice is worth the squeeze.brandonp
- Well done man. You deserved it.monospaced
- Don't expect Hayoth to wish you any kind of congrats...you commi bastard.utopian
- Yes. Been there. I was out of work with sparse freelance for maybe 2 years. Went into tour managing bands to survive.shellie
- I was on a tour break. Got a job in the ad adjacent industry. Lost that due to the pandemic. Mind blown.shellie
- But, kept grinding. Tons of e-coffees and meet and greets and conferences. Finally got hired at a big agency for a great rate. Theres jobs out there. Keep goingshellie
- Great job keeping your head in the game. Go time!aliastime
- Thanks guys!desmo
- "but the goal at the end of the road is worth the struggle"
I don't think so, that's too much struggle.i_was
- damn is he okay?inteliboy
- heart attack from all the crap food?drgs
- Womp wompStoicLevels
- cancer. guys. he's got cancer.pango
- He fell
- Wow how the hell did you find out who he is lolpango
- He is a known internet figure, reviews fast fooddrgs
- The person with the biggest, smoothest and palest hands.jagara
- I hope the suit is OK?Krassy
- No idea who that kid is...pango
- that kid creeps me outsea_sea
- what Gnash said.section_014
- Tilda SwindonStoicLevels
- dude is the most beta male I think I have ever seen.autoflavour