For a better tomorrow.
Amazing that almost 12 months later this thread is still riddled with posts smuggly throwing out cherry picked data, conspiracy theories and arm-chair analysis. Didn't realise this was a scientific forum full of epidemiologists.
I get peoples frustration.... but you do wonder what it'd take for some to just admit we're in a pandemic.
"People who believe COVID-19 conspiracy theories tend to struggle with scientific reasoning, study finds"
- it's amazing that 12 months later people still believe in the fear induced by mathematical MODELS despite the fact that REAL data proves otherwise.pr2
- Covid-19 Is not a conspiracy theory.
But as soon you ask questions about it, you become a conspiracy theorists.ApeRobot
- Half a million dead Americans. pr2. Half a million. That’s more covid deaths this year than ever before.monospaced
- 3 million died last year, and i never saw you freaking out mono.pr2
- Nope. No covid deaths in 2019. Wrong again.monospaced
- Um... So you only freak out over covid deaths? The rest are all cool with you?pr2
- “It doesn’t even exist” is the one that baffles me the most.Ianbolton
- pr2, a terrorist kills 30 people and we lose our shit, a plane crashes killing a few hundred and we ground entire fleets, what do you mean we don't freak out?_niko
- we're still in the midst of it, we can't comprehend a number so large (would have been 6x bigger with inactivity) but when the dust settles the gravity of it_niko
- hits us, then we'll finally understand the true horrors of this pandemic._niko
- niko, this is the skewed way we perceive reality and how the news enhances this misconception. 9/11 happens every month in car crash mortality. So?pr2
- Seatbelts, road signs, speed limits, traffic patrol, speed cameras, red light cameras, billions of infrastructure, air bags, indicators etc etc etcinteliboy
- Is how we attempt to deal with road accidents. What other false equivalencies are on your mind pr2?inteliboy
- So is not coming to the office when sick, covering your mouth when you sneeze and wash your hands when "under the weather."pr2
- We and our bodies dealt with viruses since the beginning of civilization. This one is relatively trivial based on HARD data - not some math models.pr2
- Wrong. This virus has an incubation period, with no symptoms, when you are contagious.inteliboy
- So by the time you feel "under the weather" you have spent two weeks spreading the fucker.inteliboy
- It also hits people in different ways. And has a laundry list of shot and long terms issues. Which are still being studied.inteliboy
- Though anyway, talking to you pr2 is like communicating to a brick wall.inteliboy
- You've always been this way. Even when about things like film or art. Let alone a pandemic lol.inteliboy
- haha. also when i try to buy the expensive apples and pretend they're the cheap ones at the self cash_niko
- There's also the third tier of "Do you know the code for these?"garbage
- Self-checkout produce only saves a few bucks, but the rush is priceless lol.garbage
- Haha so true. When i was at art college i worked at safeway stacking shelves. There were certain products that you'd ALWAYS get called to the checkout...microkorg
- ...to go grab a second packet/can/bottle of so they could scan it to get the right price as theyd lose their barcodes so yeah memorising these would save you...microkorg
- ..a lot of trips to and fro during a shift. Was always awesome to see look on customers face (and cashiers) as you rattle off a barcode to them from memory...microkorg
- ...as if you knew the barcode of every item in the shop off-by-heart lol. so yeah that pic tickled me.microkorg
- The worst is when they don’t even know what it is at all. Can’t tell the difference between basic fresh herbs. Fucking pathetic.monospaced
- Cashier, squinting like a stupid fuck at cilantro: “what is this?” “It’s cilantro.” “Oh.” Proceeds to look it up.monospaced
- For sure that cashier doesn't know the C codei_was
- I only know 4011misterhow
- ^ Everything is a banana if you just believe hard enough.garbage
- Johnny wants some CashKrassy
- These Boots Where Made For Walkin' The Linefooler
- Johnny walks through the timelineutopian
- $5 blowjob?oey_oey
- Fred MercuryStoicLevels
- These boots were made for honkingAQUTE
- Arctic MonkeysChimp
- Blossom PrismBluejam
- Sugar Plum Fairyspunji
- Someone going to make a boat-load of money converting and or selling modified Type 1 fonts to conform with Adobe's 2023 New World Order initiative.utopian
- Oh crapGnash
- how and why are you still even using type 1 fonts?doesnotexist
- I’ve been doing this a long time. My font library is massive, and many of my archived jobs use t1Gnash
- Why could they not just grandfather in Type 1?hardhat
- i have a massive archive as well, and honestly i'm over it. fonts are dumb. it doesn't matter. nothing matters. [sign out]doesnotexist
- bummer... unfortunately most of the younger designers i work with use google fonts or dafont anyway. just sucks cuz my library of fonts has saved me a few timesjonny_quest_lives
- might have to buy an open type avant garde nowjonny_quest_lives
- i was joking with dafont btw... mostly google fonts and adobe typekit fonts are what get passed around work nowadays.jonny_quest_lives
- clients tend to pucker when you discuss licensing fonts for end usage so commercial free to use out the box it is for nowjonny_quest_lives
- But those don't work on Mac anyway, right?grafician
- All fonts work on Macs.monospaced
- I am currently using around 20 fonts, besides those arranged by company (clients).maquito
- Most of those I have carried for many years, and have been slightly fine-tuned; mainly kerning.maquito
- Doesnotexist, woah! Been a minute since I’ve seen your name here. Or maybe it’s been a minute since I paid attention. Anyway. Sup?lvl_13
- cyborg justicefuturefood
- dead or alive you're posing for meutopian
- New Snapchat goggles?Krassy
- Instagram reportersted
- I cant see shit captainGuyFawkes
- This is the wayaliastime
- KISS ARMYfooler
- Must be a follower for motocross tricks or something. Fun fact: I have that same shirt.monNom
- @monNom Did some digging, decidedly less cool. It was for a choose your own adventure game for a zombie show on SyFy. Find Murphy.garbage
- @monNom did you safety pin pant legs for sleeves to your shirt?fooler
- Not a bad idea actuallyletterhead
- It comes like that.monNom
- Ghetto nightvision?scarabin
- Cyberpunk afscarabin
Imagine lying on a meadow in front of Minneapolis international airport, listening to trance music, smoking a cigarette.
What sounds somewhat unreal, was me. Back in September 1995.
Just had a flashback listening to the mix I heard back then.
- 95? it was like 10 years ago, right?brt44
- post the link to the mix, SimonKrassy
- I read that first sentence to the melody of Lucy in the sky with diamondsthumb_screws
- Actual footage of Simon’s memory https://m.youtube.co…nb
- Did you listen it on your iPhone?zaq
- It was back in the good times with no phones. Absolute freedom. I had a Panasonic walkman with built in microphone.SimonFFM
- Get off my lawn!
Just kidding :) we were probably within 10 miles of each other. Born and raised...but left a while ago because the weather is shit hahalvl_13
- ^ that's cool. Pretty sure some of us have been close to each other without knowing.SimonFFM
- tell me moreCalderone2000
- I like where he’s going with this.calculator
- ^ PPT in a high school classroom is the highest form of comedy.garbage
- I'd be interested to hear the thesisDaveO
- 1 Re-establish Soviet Union
2 McChicken Sandwich with Fries
3 Disco Returns
- I wish this guy was on QBN and actively posted on a regular basisKrassy
- He is on QBN, you know his username.
Say his name!utopian
- Vitalik Buterinsted
- I need 56 hours of power. This product is dead to me.sausages
- ^ lol was just thinking thatGuyFawkes
- ^ guys, it's a 6 pack! do the mathKrassy
- Tangy Blue Regret!stoplying
- 56-hour energy in a 7-pack!GuyFawkes
- ^ LOL! reminds me of:
- Lol. There’s some pre-workout shit a rugby player friend of mine drinks that makes him puke, cry, and shit. Insane.maquito
Simon should have his own thread.
Keep his art separated from all that pedo stuff going on on COTD.
I rarely check that thread but I like to see Simon's work once in a while...okay I could check his website but I honestly think he shouldn't be posting in that thread.
He saves it sometimes it's true...
Just a thought.
- hear hearspl33nidoru
- Or just post it in Show some recent work like the rest.palimpsest
- Can doSimonFFM
- The problem with COTD is Omaha Designs....posts way too much. You should post one pic, then leave for awhile...dkoblesky
- The problem with COTD is COTD. Omaha is just shoving that shit in your face, voluntarily or not. Deal with it.palimpsest