For a better tomorrow.
Nobody's talking about the Germans or the Dutch but both have plenty of top players.
- The Germans haven’t been in good form for a while. Perhaps they’ll come back in this tournament.Chimp
- I am the only one who said Germany is gonna win it apparentlygrafician
- ha! I'm in two pools, one I picked Germany, the other the Dutch._niko
- As long as Löw is still running the show, Germany haven't got a chance. He completely lost the plot.Continuity
- So, unless he plans on picking miracles out of his nose on the edge of the pitch instead of boogers, I don't think we count on Germany to be much of a threat.Continuity
- What a great ball breaking, creative community QBN is!!!ideaist
- oh this is amazinggarbage
- I don’t get it. Explain plz?mort_
- @mort_ https://www.qbn.com/…Krassy
- Lol an extremely niche memedesmo
- i was googling 'hammer uk slang' to try to figure out wtf this was aboutsarahfailin
- ^ LOLoey_oey
- that's gold "hammer uk slang"oey_oey
- Haha. Thx Krassy!mort_
- This is brilliance. Quadruple Entendre.rootlock
- haha, well playedFax_Benson
- needs to be added as a side to the LOL cubedee-dubs
- classic commercial https://www.youtube.…neverscared
^^ Never spend good money on jeans they are all the same.
Just get a plain tshirt with your jeans and throw over a light jacket/shirt with trainers.
- Kinda warm in Mich right nowcanoe
- tnx doecanoe
- I live in the UK.
I know not of this "warm" you speak of.Hayzilla
- Move to LA, like the rest of yacanoe
Might do now just to piss you off ;-)Hayzilla
- Nah, it's all good, have a nice weekendcanoe
- normcore, very 2014 vibenb
- I only wear Levis pretty much. Have some others for painting in but they are ill fitting.PhanLo
- Love jackets and agree, but I get way too hot to wear one all the time. It's getting to almost 100 here next week and summer is just starting.formed
- That image isn't a great start! :)Nairn
- putting themselves in the list is a prime time dick moverenderedred
- I used the image to get some attention to this post Nairn lolgrafician
- ^ smart moveoey_oey
- Cool thanks graf.utopian
- Yeah, a nice collection, some well known, others not so much but still freshgrafician
- You say NFTs are bad art then you post this piece of shit?This looks like it was designed by a toddler. No wonder you don't like art you have no idea what it ischerub
- @cherub this image is just the feature image in the article you idiot LOL
have you even clicked the link?!grafician
Another article I saw recently along the same lines...
"In 2010, a virus similar to SARS-CoV-2 was already present in Cambodia"
It talks about how sarbecoronaviruses (the group including SARS 2) have been found in bats in both southern China but also Southeast Asia. Which makes sense when you consider that this is a common region that just happens to be divided into different countries. They have an interesting map that shows the territory of bats that carry these viruses.
You can't rule out that this particular virus was discovered in nature and then leaked from the lab...or made in lab entirely. But reading an article like this I don't think the "natural" origin (which in reality is also the result of human meddling) is as implausible as some people are making it out to be.
Because there is already proof of pangolins, civets and other small mammals becoming infected with this type of coronavirus. And these animals are being transported into China all the time as part of the illegal wildlife trade.
Apparently a lot of it is smuggled through the China-controlled Golden Triangle Special Economic Zone in Laos. The stuff that is being openly sold at a place like Huanan Market is probably only tip of the iceberg.
- lol at how the 9-dash li.. er.. the blue dashed line so specifically skirts around Wuhan :)Nairn
- @Nairn that's actually correct, no bats in Wuhan, but several virology labs tho' hehegrafician
- Well apparently there are some bats in Wuhan but not that carry these viruses. But does it really matter? It's not like you can't hop on a plane and fly fromyuekit
- @yuekit current mood is: discovered in nature > brought to lab > gain of function research to make it "more cool" > lab escape > pandemicgrafician
- one end of this region to another in a matter of hours.yuekit
- < also based on this, I would argue that most ppl in those areas are pretty immune to this family of viruses, but the rest of the world are not obvgrafician
- Just look at low cases in Vietnam, Thailand, etc. so few cases and deaths, compared to Europe, US, India, South America etc.grafician
- so if these viruses are so prevalent in those areas, why not ravaging those regions by now naturally? Why the pandemic started exactly in Wuhan? lolgrafician
- @grafician Yeah they mention that in the article too. I spent the entire pandemic in this part of the world and it's noticeable how low the death rate isyuekit
- The picture is getting clearer in favour of a lab escape in Wuhan...grafician
- At least until recently when the new variants arrived, there was almost no outbreak here at all.yuekit
- ah btw I haven't read the article yet, just talking based on your words yuekitgrafician
- but yeah, the fact that the pandemic hasn't started in Vietnam or Thailand or Laos with all that illegal trade, but exactly in Wuhan next to a virology lab...grafician
- So yeah, lol, they blamed illegal trade but this theory doesn't make any sense, while the lab escape idea is getting clearergrafician
- @yuekit maybe because the locals in SE Asia have only immunity to the original strains and not these new mutated ones?grafician
- Right but where was it first discovered in Wuhan? At a market that was known for selling exotic wildlife, and slaughtering the animals on site.yuekit
- BTW I think it's definitely possible it came from lab accident also. But with all the speculation around the lab people tend to ignore that obvious fact.yuekit
- Yeah they blamed the exotic wildlife market in Wuhan, but if that was the actual source, how come it didn't started in other SE Asia countries?! Makes no sensegrafician
- I mean THAT exactly specific market, and not other thousands of exotic wildlife markers all over SE Asia or even other parts of China...grafician
- Anyway, after a year, all local proof would be gone, knowing Chyna, they bleached the entire city so yeah...no definite proof, but the idea of lab leak still ongrafician
- compared to other mammals bats have insane immune systems so their viruses are thought to mutate faster... that's why they were being collected from remotekingsteven
- caves and brought to the city in the first place. and the labs gain of function capabilities were internationally approved, the idea they would be intentionallykingsteven
- weaponising deadly viruses in a university laboratory i don't buy for a second.kingsteven
- it's also more than convenient to blame the markets (given the divide between science and traditional food and medicine in china) the idea that there are twokingsteven
- plausible sources in one city is kinda terrifying.kingsteven
- Well keep in mind the Chinese government promotes the traditional medicine industry. There are factory farms in China breeding everything from civets to lionsyuekit
- and tigers for "medicine", crazy as that sounds. And then there is a huge black market industry where rare animals are smuggled and sold at marketsyuekit
- Check out this menu of animals from one of the vendors at the Huanan market for instance.
- But you're totally right, it's terrifying that both are plausible. Humans in general, not just Chinese, need to get our shit together fast...yuekit
- It does look like the dotted line storms of SARS missed on all sides, lol.utopian
- Agree with everyone here, as Graf said, that part of the world has been spared by this pandemic most likely because they’ve had it or something close before_niko
- And have built up a natural immunity._niko
- Read somewhere recently that the immunisation after getting it can last for years and even potentially for a lifetime, so yeah that makes sense SE Asia is safegrafician
everything is getting me down lately.
don't often feel like its pointless..
but the last few days have not been amazing
- chin up, auto; this period shall passKrassy
- Don't let all the mice ruin your party.utopian
- Stay strong auto!OBBTKN
- it'll pass, auto. In the meantime, +1 on Gravenhurst.Fax_Benson
- I find getting out and about and moving helps. Meditation too. And social interactions, especially when I feel like turning inwards and shutting out the world.mort_
- This is merely a moment. Remember the awesome moments to get you out of these bad ones. (helps when I'm down)timeless
- don't tell em we'd decompose faster without oxygenaliastime
- PLANET OF THE PLANTSBennn
- It’s called The Happening. Great film. Look it upnb
- you can make a nft and burn them by doing that.neverscared
- It's called Pan-T, wake up sheeple.Chimp
- I, for one, welcome our new vegetable overlordsNonEntity
- Swamp Thing, Dr. Jason Woodrue.dorfsman