For a better tomorrow.
The Azovstal steelworks complex is huge and has bunkers and maze-like tunnels to whitstand a nuclear attack.
There are now about 2500 fighters and hundreds of civilians in there. I hope they can somehow hold out until UA figures out how to help them (/ counter attack).
- Way to go, nbq. Now the Russian have this drawing to help themGnash
- Yes I made it, and of course and the FSB and RU generals are browsing QBN.NBQ00
- chill QBN is too influential, probably banned in RUgrafician
- and china!grafician
- Human animals have successfully created the scenario of Hell - right here on planet earth.shapesalad
- found Bin LadenYakuZoku
- Wolfenstein 3Dyuekit
- stupid, the sentence about chemical weapons, like it’s nothing to use them. there is always an alternative to chemical weapons. so please delete this graphic!api
- You know the context, right? The illustration is not suggesting to use chemical weapons and it's the Russians who'd want to if they could.NBQ00
- I wanna play this mapscarabin
- With NINs Quake soundtrackNBQ00
I got a monitor clamp arm to replace the regular upright stand that came with my Dell monitor. Great for creating more space for stuff under the monitor and the wide range of movement is handy.
Invision MX150 is the model I got and has been going strong for over a year.
- I've got the same arm to attach my graphic tablet/second monitor on it, strong and very usefullOBBTKN
- Got one of these as my second monitor arm, can angle second monitor more tightly to the main screen for work, or angle flatter for sitting back for browsing/vidBuddhaHat
- Are the screw mounts that go directly into the monitor universal?desmo
- This one uses the VESA mount standard which worked with my Dell monitor.mort_
- Do they wobble?robotinc
- No, they are pretty sturdy.mort_
- found a "vintage" knoll double arm thing on ebay for a good pricedoesnotexist
- the arm looks so ugly, could then not give it some straight lines and nice colour instead of the usual tech black?shapesalad
- Humanscale and Herman Miller both have some nicer looking options. Check craigslist.monNom
- I didn’t mind the colour because the arm isn’t really visible in my setup. Does the job for £36.mort_
- I'd flirt with itcanoe
- My mate lived above that shop in the first pic as a kid. via https://britishcultu…PhanLo
- Great photos. Bleak. Hadn’t heard of Graham MacIndoe before!mort_
- ^It wasn't bleak growing up there, I mean, it was mad, but it also was fun. Graham's Instagram is worth a look https://www.instagra…PhanLo
- He stays in NY now.PhanLo
- I think there’s something about black and white photos of UK & Ireland in the 80s that makes things look bleaker than they were.mort_
- nice pics. got the broughton rd location as soon as i saw the pic.
Tartan jeans ftw in the 80s! ;)microkorg
- @microkorg, do you remember the Buro Destruct thing they did with images from the bowling green there? Had the rubbish dump in the background.PhanLo
- these are gold. I haven't LOLD properly in a while.. double upvoteautoflavour
- The Useful Threadjmckinno
- this is going to sound like an excuse but my Tinder date died in front of me.shellie
- I got syphilis from Hitler :(Akagiyama
- I feel terrible but my nephew gave me syphilis.garbage
- Get this: the Pope stabbed me.err
- I was minding my own business and boom, the kid from Air Bud just shit the bed.BK
Got an invite to midjourney.com and was using up all my free credits last night.
This is an insane AI art creation tool. You type your request into discord then a few seconds later you get 4 images rendering.
You can then choose to upscale any or show up to 4 different versions of each.
At the moment it's invite only. You get some free credits but after that have to pay $30 for infinite credits per month. You have to renew each month.
Currently it is for Non-Commercial use only. It looks like there's going to be a pay to use for commercial use soon.
Their text-to-image technology is unbelievable!
- Examples of the types of outputs
- This is the underlying tech: https://openai.com/b…section_014
- its kinda boring ... the text to image technology get pretty lame.. ontology and skillwise its crap.. u can literally feel that every douchebag who has noneverscared
- knowledge of design can produce something eyecandy which lasts for a second...at least i got bored after watching the pieces the last monthsneverscared
- overrated id say.neverscared
- but i can see that someone who is too lazy to get into 3d software and coding might find this mindblowing.neverscared
- i remember joshua davis saying a few years ago that there will never be a kick ass filter... same with this ..it gets so boring in such a short time that itsneverscared
- close to worthless.neverscared
- Remember when we all thought Content Aware Fill was going to replace us?nb
- Paging Palimpsest.
Palimpsest to ER.Nairn
- I hope that their pay-to-use model is a high price so that it puts off folk creating low effort artworks and flooding the AI art market with straight outputs.microkorg
- That is absolute laziness. The way I and others I know use AI is we use it to create elements. Then I piece together lots of ai (or other genres of work) tomicrokorg
- create unique works.microkorg
- Am looking forward to this evening once kids are home from nursery and sitting with them thinking up shit for AI to create for fun....microkorg
- 'Unicorn with pink sneakers on drinking bubble tea' . that kinda shit ;)microkorg
- @nb I don't think any of us thought content aware fill was going to replace us as designersSimonFFM
- Neverscared, there is some skill to great outputs. 90% of what I'm seeing output from the platform is generic AI stuff.microkorg
- But the 10% who've nailed writing great descriptions for the tech to pick up on have some astounding results. I'll post some in here later today.microkorg
- i know i follow some guys and they get shitloads of good feedback .. and it looks allright but after a short time it get so boring like a filter.neverscared
- after u seen a couple of them u go... cmon, this is incredibly boring .not this generic stuff again and again...neverscared
- maybe the untrained mind and eyes gets more kicks out of it... and i adore A.I driven design but only with more substance behind it.neverscared
- how is this connected with nfts ?neverscared
- Great more ways to devalue artists...grafician
- Nobody is talking about how their beta program is just a way to harvest the skills of talented creatives to dump into future algorithms for free?garbage
- Facebook and the like have been taking and selling your data. This type of thing is taking and will be selling your talent the same way.garbage
- Said it before, and I'll say it again: If you're a creative in your mid-30s, you need to consider the very real possibility of your own irrelevance..garbage
- ..in the very near future. It doesn't matter how good you are, because people just as good as you are feeding these things.garbage
- And let's be honest, it's not like audiences are becoming more discerning. Standards are lowering for everything because we see more of everything everyday.garbage
- Again, you guys don't understand "AI" :))grafician
- here some more background info: https://www.qbn.com/…
Again, nothing to feargrafician
- If you think this is about DALL-E, maybe you don't understand AI. GANs have been effective at producing work that passes as human for over a decade bro.garbage
- Things like this beta are human input to compose the discriminative network to levy against the generative network..garbage
- ..then the AI spits out it's best "not uncanny valley" version, and it's going to get better and better at it. But you knew that, right?garbage
- It should be scary to anybody in any creative field that hasn't already gotten a cushy foothold.garbage
- Your stance is like somebody working in a newsroom in the late 90s with a working title "This Internet Thing is No Big Deal".garbage
- it´s good for nfts .. people with no skills can shoot sth up and make some bucks with a exo toxic coin and token .. without substance .. if u wanna be narrowneverscared
- go for it..i mean eco toxic..neverscared
- Connected with NFTs cos I use AI in my NFT artwork ;)
But also, if they start to allow commercial use, be prepared for an onslaught of folk minting creationsmicrokorg
- who cares if they mint it... it´s a zero skill method..neverscared
- good for paris hilton and alike.. she can finally show of and the undereducated will get all hyped up.neverscared
- looks a little you are to lazy to learn some new code in processing or c++ for 3d scripting to compensate your outdated flash scripting skill with a childrenneverscared
- A.I method.neverscared
- @garbage wanna bet it's all a fad? :)grafician
- also my stance is that of someone who gets it and laughs at all the idiots who think they're rediscovering firegrafician
- @neverscared Zero skilled method should scare you. We're moving into a LCD generation of appreciation. Quantity will Trump quality.garbage
- @grafician Oh I will take that bet, because it seems like you don't really understand GANs.garbage
- Examples of the types of outputs
I have been thinking about getting some sort of aquarium.
- Not a particularly wonderful existence for the fish though, unless it's into upskirting...Nairn
- Make sure you get a fish that is into minimalism too - seeing as there's nothing in its tank.shapesalad
- get a betaYakuZoku
- Definitely get a beta fish.
- Or Nano Wabi Kusa or Nano Dooa systems for a slice of nature on your desk. This looks like something a psychopath would haveNaygon
- If you arent super disciplined, get a large eheim.slappy
- Don’t get goldfish. I won 3 in a carnival and now they’re the size of footballs and shit up the water so fast i have to clean the 40gal aquarium every weekscarabin
mhmm all these banana hoarders getting better with it
U.S. CEO pay soars 31% on stock and cash awards, study finds
Median pay for top U.S. CEOs rose 31% last year to a record $20 million, a new study found, surging after a slight decline during the COVID-19 pandemic, as companies showered leaders with stock awards and cash bonuses.
Chief executives receiving big pay increases included the leaders of tech giant Apple and semiconductor manufacturer Broadcom Inc,, according to the study released Monday by research firm Equilar.
- Why would this ever stop? Until there is a reckoning, the wealthiest will hoard as much as they can. Just look at the $$ being donated to the GOP.formed
- @formed, this 'reckoning' you mention, describe it - the who, the when and the how.Morning_star
- Guaranteed minimum income will become a solution for the wealthiest to keep their billions without getting slaughtered.formed
- Otherwise, homelessness will continue to rise, wealth divide grows and civil unrest grows, cities plummet in desirability, crime rises, etc., etc.formed
- UBI has its merits but brings a whole host of problems for the economy and unemployment. Why should people work? Homelessness is often not a financial problem...Morning_star
- ...At it’s heart are mental health, abuse and addiction issues, all of which would arguably have a negative effect if you added money.Morning_star
- UBI is not going to fix the problem.i_monk
- The rich need to realize we are fast approaching a point where their choices will be fair taxes or the guillotine.i_monk
- @i_monk...other than in the minds of a tiny set of disillusioned keyboard communists your claim has similar credibility to those of a flat earther.Morning_star
- The 1% are a convenient scapegoat to keep profiting from the system. The problem are not the rich, the problem are the poor.palimpsest
- I_monk- you live in a country where wealthy are already paying over 50% of salary. So i guess it's guillotine for them bc you feel like you deserve morehotroddy
- It's not trickling down fast enough.
- @i_monk - UBI is the solution to the guillotine. It appeases the masses, and keeps money in the economy. It's a win/win.formed
- Yes, in a country where the 1%'s wealth is growing exponentially while the mid/lower classes get annihilated, that's a problem that has to be addressed.formed
- You don't get to 'have' everything without contributing to making a better economy and nation. That's lazy.formed
- UBI would cause inflation Einstein. Or have you been living under a rock since you got your PPP loan?hotroddy
- @hot - You don't 'deserve' to isolate from contributing to a better economy/nation just because you're wealthy. Again, that's lazy, naive and, frankly, sad.formed
- what do you mean by isolate?hotroddy
- I mean stating things like the wealthiest 'pay the most' or 'don't punish success' or whatever is the latest bs. It's denying reality and wealth divide.formed
mine is not orange, but something with usb ports is really useful.
- I assume yours doesn't have British electric sockets either?Nairn
- that's correct :-) I just looked up the thing in google and choose the one with the best mid-century Yugoslavia style.uan
- i got one in yellow, it's a modular socketsted
- Got a 6-port power board bolted to the underside of the desk and 6-port 60w USB charger for all my USB stuff, lights, cameras, tablet, mouse etcBuddhaHat
I really loathe this narcissist cunt now. Quite liked him when he was just cars and rockets...now, he's just one of those out of touch cockheads that thinks he needs to save everyone from everything.
- you do this with anybody that wants to advance the species in any way?grafician
- no...only the ones that step outside their lanes and into others they have no business being in.BusterBoy
- Yeah, fuck those guys that try to better themselves or others. What an asshole.lemmy_k
- Are you even on twitter? :))grafician
- everything is possible with a super rich dad....neverscared
- I hope he manages to buy Twitter. the meltdowns will be entertainingGnash
- ...just imagine the nuclear meltdowns if restores Trump... *gigglePonyBoy
- I mean, he's always been an out of touch moron. Did it really take "pretty much anybody can afford a 100k trip to Mars" to tip the scales?garbage
- "advance humanity" jfc.i_monk
- ^ thisContinuity
- I liked him with Tesla and SpaceX. I always wondered how he could be partners with Theil, but now I am worrying the truth is coming out.formed
- Thiel is a mad man and will stop at nothing for power. Musk is starting to show he might be as crazy and power hungry.formed
- Let's pray he doesn't succeed with Twitter. It'll be a nightmare for democracy and embolden Trump/Thiel's insanity.formed
- ^Agreed, a 'free speech evangelist' is not what the world needs right now.BuddhaHat
People who have used water-spraying toilets: what is the procedure exactly -- step by step?
You try to aim your hole at the stream of water, then wait for it to finish? Is this enough to get everything clean?
After you're done, your butt is wet. You still have to wipe it, right?
- There's dryer (air) built in. But it all doesn't work properly.SimonFFM
- How long does it take for water + drying to finish?drgs
- Having used them in Japan - nah. they just spray poo water around your bum whole and make it stink. Just wipe with paper.shapesalad
- Wiggle your tush on the seat, and then wipe, yes. But you'll use less paper, and no need for wipes, which are very bad for plumbing.Akagiyama
- It all sounds like a 20 min affairdrgs
I have some great shots of the build of this bike that I'll share in this thread at some point. After staring at her all winter I've finally been able to take it out. She sure is pretty.
- Swingarm mechanics are so crazy and varied nowadays. Sweet ride!BuddhaHat
- ^ totally. This also looks like it's a beefy downhill rig.. but it's actually the most nimble lightweight full suspension XC option Santa Cruz hasbogue
- nice. This would be a solid down country.rootlock
- yeah it is. Although the wheel set I went with added a little heft.bogue