InDesign Export questine
- Last post
- 7 Responses
^ Yup, thats the first part. The second part is renaming the files from "Unnamed-1" etc to a unique name..
Is there a way to give pages a name instead of pagination?
- Type > Text VariablesMorning_star
- Nope, I need it the other way. This types the document name on the page. But I need a page-text to the document name!mekk
- so you want magic where the file name is pulled from a title in a page of a pdf... c'mon, they have to be typed or pastedmonospaced
- exactly. the thing is, we have a few hundred pages for each product category. Renaming by hand would take ages and result in errors.mekk
- it would not take ages, trust me, you'll easily spend more time looking for an automated solution that would probably also result in errorsmonospaced
- Yes but I want to build a solid workflow for the future, we have a lot of such projects.mekk
- Interns make that workflow so much easier ;)monospaced
- What about Exporting Jpegs from InDesign then batch processing a name changein Potatoshop/Bridge?Morning_star
- ...Then making individual PDFs from the Jpegs obv.Morning_star
- because he'd still have to manually enter each of hte hundreds of namesmonospaced
- Oh, they're unique and not sequenced. He's fucked.Morning_star