- Last post
- 13 Responses
(mt) just went up in price didn't they? I swear it use to be $20/month and now it's $30/month for grid hosting
- yup, it's now 30 clams, and i'm canadian so with exchange that's C$7,500 /yrprophetone
- i wound up buying GoDaddy "Pro" Ultimate on the Black Friday thing two years worth was like C$8 or $9 a monthprophetone
- will migrate away from MT asap, too bad because i like MT but for what i need it's too $$$ now, esp for shared gridprophetone
Im with bluehost since many years. Never had any problems. But its true its slow sometimes.
I've moved 2 clients from BlueHost to WebFaction, they switched due to speed issues with BlueHost when using PHP apps that took up RAM....
MT hasn't been an issue for me in a long while. Nothing I've noticed anyway. They seemed to have straightened their act.
been with them for 3 or so weeks now, they're way cheaper than (mt) and they're grid hosting is unlimited, but they be slow as shit compared to (mt) Good enough for portfolio sites though.
+ blue offers BASIC SEO stuff but its kind of useless if your already into it.
and (mt) offers cloudfare for free which is pretty fucking amazing, but yeah, they're like 4 or 5 times the price
I need to get off of blues grid, hopefully their other packages
I say it every time. Gator host.
- gatorhost is a nightmare, stay away. incompetent to the point where they were insisting paid-forprophetone
- features were being added to account when for months they actually hadn't. ended with a hour long chatprophetone
- with several depts where they eventually admitted they had no idea what was happeningprophetone
- the last 'tech' i dealt with sounded like he was in grade 11 and had no idea the technical terms i was usingprophetone
- he was all like... "sir, what do you mean hack the gibson?"prophetone
MT is like that too??
Sounds like Media Temple does their hosting...
I'm bumping this because I'm getting really frustrated with them. Wanted to see if there are others. They're basically down 3 times a week, sometimes for hours. And when this happens even their phone lines are down. How can they survive on such incompetence?
i had a client drop them as a host.
anyone host with bluehost?
server seems to be down..as to their website..