- Last post
- 26 Responses
i think most 3d softwares do this as easily as you do the flat one in illustrator.
maybe try and install some demo and try to create it rotate and find the best angle.
- recently formatted my machine and have no 3d soft installed at the moment, otherwise I would help yaESKEMA
- thanks eskema!
I was hoping to find it online anywaysMeeklo
yeah, I think this should be pretty easy to achieve on 3D but, to be honest I'm intimidated by 3D apps, I would love to do some of the stuff people here do w c4d, on a budget I downloaded a copy of some free modeling software for mac, and I couldn't figure it out.
so I figure I can stick to what I know..
I just found this. I think the top right one is a tetrakaidecagon.
some of the sides look uneven though (not accurate) but that's exactly the kind of 3d I'm looking forMeeklo
- ahhh now I am not so sure...
Its hard to count the sides.AMOK
- its possible that is may never be a symmetrical shape?
- I think its possible, what I mean by accurate is that is hmm.. mathematically exact?Meeklo
- sorry, english is not my first languageMeeklo
That link looks like it could work, but I'm a bit confused, are all those 14 sides? not that you should know, for some reason I thought there was going to be one shape only, but now that I think about it (and after browsing a little) they could be any shape huh?
I think what you're after doesn't exist.
as found here ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reg… ),
there's only some with 14 sides but none with all 14 exact shapes... this weird, I thought there would be one for any number of sides...
- and here
- f$%CK me...
so maybe I can just use the D&D mayo postedMeeklo
- and here
since my previous post didn't contain a question:
Which are you looking for, a 14-sided two dimensional image (like Illy drew) or a 14-sided 3D image, like inkpink's post?
- a 3d image, just so I can trace and have as a skeleton for the logo, I could use the flat one but I don't think it translates very wellMeeklo
- very well you know?
(see very first image on the thread)Meeklo
build your own Cuboctahedron and photo...
- oh wow.. this is kinda cool, I can totally use this!Meeklo
- plus it will make my already nerd project even nerdier! seriously, amazing mang, thanks!Meeklo