- Last post
- 43 Responses
Is real life turning into a big crazy x-file episode.
*strokes thin foil hat
The United Nations was set today to appoint an obscure Malaysian astrophysicist to act as Earth's first contact for any aliens that may come visiting.
...She is scheduled to tell delegates that the recent discovery of hundreds of planets around other stars has made the detection of extraterrestrial life more likely than ever before - and that means the UN must be ready to coordinate humanity’s response to any “first contact”.
Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-…
Is this for real? Someone isn't taking the piss, here?
not that i am a sceptic but if there is intelligent life out there i dont think they will contact us anytime soon given that they havent bothered in however long the earth has existed.
- I'm pretty sure they did.
I have PROOOFSgeorgesIII
- did they do experiments on u ?WeLoveNoise
- What if they just discovered a way of contacting us recently?vitamins
- Or they figured the timing was right.vitamins
- Did they give you an anal probe, georges? :DContinuity
- I'm pretty sure they did.
Hopefully they'll kill us all.
if they are that intelligent and have observed us, then they will know we aren't ready or advanced enough to engage with them properly. We still have things like war and racism in this world and we havent matured enough to irradicate this so why should they bother at the moment
can i fuck it?
STOP SHOUTING EVERYONE
I've got big...
"She is scheduled to tell delegates that the recent discovery of hundreds of planets around other stars has made the detection of extraterrestrial life more likely than ever before - and that means the UN must be ready to coordinate humanity’s response to any “first contact”."
See? I told you the whole "crisis" talk was balooney, if we can throw money into sponsoring people's careers in entertainment like hers.
posting in this epic thread
Why do people always assume aliens must be sending out a signal, and that they're more intelligent/ advanced than us?
You hear all this crap about how we are not ready for the awesomeness of the aliens and they are waiting for the right moment to contact us.
If there is alien life, chances are that it's actually less advanced - like some bacteria or a blob floating in a lake or something.
- this is illogicalCALLES
- because the universe expand, so they must be a lot older than us, thus making them more advance, says scifi
- Doesn't really make senseukit
- if someone has 2 billions years of evolutions before you, us humans automatically think he's more evolved.georgesIII
- That assumes everything evolves into intelligent life. Even on Earth, only one species did in 4.5 billion yrukit
- only one?CALLES
- Whats the other one?ukit
- white folk?CALLES
- I said intelligentukit
- actually inteligent i dont think we own 1CALLES