- Last post
- 16 Responses
- hahah this video.inteliboy
- is this gayness real?utopian
- lol i wasn't be able to find better demo of this stuff :)sted
- no touchbar, worthless.dorf
- so if your mum walks in, your game projection doesn't get distorted?fruitsalad
- Microsoft IllumiRoom, circa 2012: https://www.youtube.…mekk
- You know who else had an Arian project!!!!GeorgesII
- this is built off of one of my patents from quite a few years ago. it sounded like it would be cool at the time...kona
- Jesus christ this guy needs a pie in the face.cannonball1978
I've been binging on livestreams and presentation,
I've honestly seen so much new tech, it's like all companies are doing a huge reset this year
- Faraday Future fail was cringy as fuckGeorgesII
- what stood out to you?scarabin
- ahha yeah :Dsted
- (for those of us who don't have the time to binge)scarabin
- aye what was good?inteliboy
- The good thing was the xiaomi startup ecosystem, if you watched the wired doc on shenzen you can understand the huge brain drain of designers moving to asiaGeorgesII
- samsung was nice, full minority report, there's no turning back :/GeorgesII
Every year same thing...bigger, flatter TVs
- Every year they somehow find a way to sell everyone a TV - HD, 3D, 4k, UHD, HDR, 8k, curved, OLED etc etc etc. It's actually quiet impressive.inteliboy
- the tech's cool though and will be utterly commodified within a few years - they essentially just print and laminate a film of this shit.detritus
Microsoft is killing Apple in every corner.
What I’ve learned at CES 2017
Nowhere is it more prevalent than at CES that Microsoft is eating Apple’s lunch. I wrote a bit about this a few weeks ago, when I made the argument that Apple’s lost. We haven’t seen much in the way of groundbreaking innovations from Apple, at least in terms of things that other companies haven’t done or aren’t capable of doing, since the introduction of the iPhone and iPad. Meanwhile, at CES, it’s becoming more and more clear that Microsoft and its partners are now innovating more than ever.
Those 'wallpaper' oled screens from the Korean chaebols.
Not that I dig big-ass TVs, just the tech itself.