- Last post
- 21 Responses
Anyone on QBN rocking an electric skateboard or know someone who does?
There's a good few out there in the market now and have been some crowdfunded too.
My work commute has lots of up and downhills for a conventional skateboard - I could easily wear out a pair of shoes out in a week by breaking going downhills. These new electric boards have regenerative braking and won't freewheel down a hill meaning you can control the speed and at the same time it's recharging it's own batteries!
I like the idea. I'm interesting in having a go, especially to see what the regenerative braking is like when going downhill...
I built my own!
More images at:
- its almost too fast. I get speed wobbles going uphill!err
- Tony Hawk make way!sureshot
- lazy fuckseverian
- Skateboarding is not for transportation.
- lol - wobbles uphillcanoe
- transworld has always been the lamest vs the much better mags.dorkKn1ght
- it sounds like a porn sitescarabin
- It's better than any electric skateboard I've ever made. You should do a build thread.zarb0z
- < very impressive!jaylarson
- awesome work! wobbles uphill ... epic!microkorg
- 11/10 would shrednb
- sugru is coolSimonFFM
- nice build !Gnash
A colleague of mine has a boosted board, and loves it. He's a large guy, but powers uphill with no problems.
these look fun AF but are equivalent to a Segway, Razor Scooter or Hover Board...
- look cool but id rather be on a skateboard. with this, think you'll look like a knob on a unicycle. ;)microkorg
- A kid by my house has one, he looks like he's having a fucking blast. Has lights on that shit too, it's pretty dope.sofakingback
- Looks really fun but £1250... -_-set
- Best thing so far.ApeRobot
boosted board 2 looks amazing
I used to think electric skateboards were lame. Until I built my own. They are a blast!
Now I just think longboards are lame.
Im interested in these now!
boosted boards ftw
If I can't kickflip it, it ain't no skateboard (that includes bitch made long boards).
From my research it seems that EVOLVE are kicking the ass of the competition in the world of electric boards.
Their boards are reputably the fastest and have climbed the worlds steepest street.
Their wheels and bearings etc are standard sizes so you can buy upgrades/alternatives from them or from other maufacturers.
They've built up a real community feel with regular meetups, a world cup and also have an App where you can track your battery life, track your routes and also find and meet other Evolve boarders :)
Their facebook feed is choc ful of awesome videos with boards on all sorts of surfaces - road, rock, woodland.
Pretty pricey but well worth saving up for I reckon.
An expensive hobby but also a means to get places :)
The more research I do the more brands, kickstarters etc I'm coming across.
Started following electric board feeds and companies on instagram and now seeing loads of different boards, brands and options.
Think the stand out is still the EVOLVE GT or Bamboo.
For reasons above plus UK support.
UK Brand Slick Revolution have a new Kickstarter launching in June with a product available September (september?! go figure! surely you want a board for the summer. September in the UK is definitely NOT summer weather!)
Looks cool http://www.electriclongboards.co…
Same weight and power offering as the Evolve GT.
I live in China and bought a "Stary" board for my commute from the subway to work. Gotta say it's a lot of fun and a bit scary to ride. It's the stopping distance that is the main issue. Battery life is good for about 8-9km (depends on your weight). It's a good looking board and not too heavy. Would love a Boosted Board but mine was a quarter of the cost and works just as well.
Still shopping around and watching YouTube videos.
It's Evolve Carbon GT (With All Terrain Wheels) Vs Mellow Boards Drive (On an Old Skool Deck)
Both work out being about the same price.
EVOLVE CARBON GT
- Can go over anything with the all terrain tyres
- Could have one in my hands tomorrow (in stock)
- Speed and battery time
- BIG! 40" Long
- HEAVY! 7.5kg
- Not very subtle especially with the big 7" wheels
- Sensitive remote
- Can be fitted to ANY deck
- Can be carried onto planes for travelling
- More subtle than a longboard
- Not available until Mid-July if bought now.
- 80mm wheels can't cope with off road or larger pebbles, cracks etc.
- Not a huge amount of videos/reviews of speed etc other than beta testers. They distribute their kickstarter backers this week so maybe some will appear.
- damn $$$Gnash
- Yeah it's a lot of cash. Had to sell some synths to get funds! It'll be worth it though to get a buzz on the daily commute :)microkorg
- mellow looks A+inteliboy
- Think the mellow is winning at the moment as its more 'everyday'. A 8kg longboard is a lot to cart about when not using it.microkorg
dude, theres a lot of these eletric skateboards here in san francisco, and these things run like hell, it even beats me on my road bike, it gets from 0 to 33kmph very quickly
a buddy of mine has one, we make wraps for them
Ordered a Mellow Drive.
Have to wait until mid July ....
... tum tee tum ...