- Last post
- 9 Responses
That’s a 15min walk? Keep walking. Any day it’s too bad out to walk will be too bad to ride a bike. A bike saves you little while adding complications.
This is coming from someone who loves bikes and rode a bike to work for years (3mi) and also walked to the office for a couple (1.5mi). The walk was way more chill. I could pop into stores easily. Listen to music without fear of being run over. Snap photos of random street things. Living within walking distance of work is a nice luxury. Take advantage of it.
- I don't know. I've been biking in NYC for 16 years. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's the fastest way to get around.CyBrainX
- Depends on on which bike. I would take my dirt jumper and start working out what is ridable. Fat slick tyres and a short travel stiff fork for the stairs.slappy
I had to Google wtf a fucking mile in real measurements is. It's 1.6 kilometres.
Walk, you lazy cunt.
- Hey! There's no sloth shaming on QBN.palimpsest
- Aw, sorry. :(Continuity
- QBN – for the answers to the questions you didn't ask. I love it.MrT
monNom & OBBTKN,
You're forgetting that sometimes he drives that mile. I would recommend getting an electric bicycle.
- Drive a mile? Can't be true doggy...OBBTKN
1mile? Get a bicycle or walk you lazy F...
- You could easily jog it in 10mins.shapesalad
Of course a bike is better than an electric vehicle. Don’t buy the cheapest one though, because those are not fun to ride.
I'm with monNom. I love bikes, but 1 mile... Better walking. Perfect way to start and end a day :)
I miss commuting, done by car for 18 years, I would've loved to work at such short distances.
Now, my commutes to work are reduced to going from my bed to the studio, going down 12 stairs.
But ey! Buy a bike now if you don't have any.
as others have noted, less than a mile you'll spend more time faffing with your object that you would with walking. walking is good for you. "Hills" are going to complicate either your electrical or mechanical needs.
go ahead and get those toys. but i wouldn't use the job as an excuse. i love bikes. i love ebikes. i'd love a 'wheel'.