HRH King Charles - The Coronation
- Last post
- 54 Responses
Well it's the UK's first Coronation for 70 years this weekend and my local town has swung into overdrive to celebrate. The 3 local charity shops have all done window displays to celebrate the royal occasion, so I thought I would grade their efforts, I'm harsh but fair.
Flags, jigsaw puzzles, Paddington Bear, plates, a fine effort - 6/10
Jigsaw puzzles, paper hats, bunting, very poor, must try harder - 2/10
Crown on cushion, royal pamphlets, flags, bunting, jelly mould, sterling work! - 8/10
A knit bombed post box with crown and cushion - top marks 10/10
I'd prefer you coronate Paddington as HRH in perpetuity... but seeing how Trump was elected here in thw USA once using that pesky electoral college trick I can't really judge how other countries run their affairs.
- We can judge as Americans, as long as we acknowledge the near majority of us are psychotic, mentally ill bigots.CyBrainX
Lest we forget
Love the window reviews!
- LOL.. I literally came here just to post these greasy sausage fingersautoflavour
- OK. He's ready to float.CyBrainX
why are there no bars on the window displays?
Might've mentioned, but a switch went off in me this year. I've never been a monarchist, but I've also never given much of a shit either - clearly a broad swathe of people seem to like and want that shit and there're a myriad of other cunts in the wings with about as much inherited ancient legacy wealth that provide no social service (Duke of Westminster et al) who I've always felt should receive the ire of those concerned first, but now? I feel absolutely republican. It's just a nonsense mess of stupidity to have this bullshit in place in the 21st Century that doesn't actually serve much socio-political purpose. Lizzie had a pass, because she was doing her thing from way before I came onto these Isles, but the rest of the cunts can go jump in the sea. 90% of 'their' wealth should be stripped and guaranteed to the country, 'their' houses and castles, and they should be left to fend for themselves. Along with all the other non-royal hereditary cunts up there.
Did you know that adding a bank holiday costs the country about £2.2Bn? Those fuckers have cost our country an extra £3.5Bn these last two years alone. I'm self-employed - no cunt pays my bank holidays. I'm fed up of this shit. Get the fuck out.
- Sorry, typo - £6.5Bn they've cost the country these last two years.Nairn
- I think it was seeing Charlie on mocked up currency that flicked the switch. Also, I saw this today, and no. ...Nairn
Just fuck off.Nairn
- I find it very easy to agree with all this. I'm also interested how Australia responds, mostly meh.MrT
- Viva la Pepa!!OBBTKN
- Yep. Starting this all over again is insane. Can't see it lasting too long. Even the royalist press don't seem to care for any of them.Fax_Benson
- grubby Middleton sisters boner asideFax_Benson
A Canadian perspective
On one hand the whole monarchy thing is retarded (both literally and figuratively)
On the other hand, it keeps us a little bit separated from the idiot yanks.
what to do.
- lol, and the French too at that.Nairn
- gotta love that church though, huhwhatthefunk
- anything to help Canadians and their identity crisis.hotroddy
- I know eh?ok_not_ok
The monarchy isn't half the problem unelected billionaires destroying the environment and undermining democracy for profit are. If I had to choose between getting rid of a family of charity-workers with no real influence on society, and Elon Musk et al, it's just not a contest.
- we need to find a way of taxing people who use debt against assets as income to avoid taxtrooperbill
ALL HAIL THE NEW LIZARD KING
- < This right here.
Shorten the fuckers by 20 cm or so.Continuity
- < This right here.
I wanted to put "I like those pics Gardener." in the 1st post notes but I can't so I put it here.
Yeah, monarchy might be dull for you all but here in USA we don't have one at all so I kinda like it.
- i wanted to put a pedantic comment about it being HM not HRH in his 1st post, but couldn't so it can go here insteadhans_glib
never tire of watching this