- Last post
- 68 Responses
- Makes me think of Spidermanukit2
- Spiderman is from NYPresta
- haha, now i totally see a spider. that's all i see..!Presta
- a bit too Boston Bruins on that right one.Fizik
- Ah, you're right.Presta
- Anyway, reason I made this was because I thought the execution was lacking on the actual new logo.Presta
- It doesn't take much effort to space and scale things correctly. I dunno what JayZ (or the actual designer) was thinking.Presta
- I likeGlitterati_Duane
- i like the firstoey
it's not terrible if you're on board with the retro/basic/1920's look. But I feel like Jay-Z (or whoever) had a chance to do something that is going to be huge just based on the New York & Jay-Z connection...and so it could have been iconic. Not forgettable. There are other big name 'B's already within striking distance.
And also, will Jay-Z stop wearing the Yankees caps that he's often credited with making iconic in hiphop? Will it now be a B hat? Does the B stand for Beyonce? :-P
The brand identity is a decent update focusing on a new audience. I think its different from the rest of the NBA in a good way as well.
But not as bad as that dutch shit museum with the fucking shit logo.
- This is visually very nice, But it doesn't include "Nets". To me, it's flawed because of that. As a secondary logo, it works.Presta
- Much better. Not sure if the bridge is needed. See, this is a basketball that actually has some originality.gramme
- If you're going to use a cliche object, blend it with something else (in this case, a letter).gramme
Really bad. Really.
Ah, the NY Post. Gotta love 'em.
Why censor "Niggers"? It's a word. It's an awful word, but why censor it? Do we as a society not understand the concept of context? Does merely seeing the word spelled out offend people? Does it offend black people less when they are not able to see the word fully spelled out??
Did he fuck, this is the same crappy setup as Victoria Beckham designing an interior for the Range Rover Evoque – some agency shows them a handful of designs and they pick one. Great. Cool story.
- lower middleutopian
- agree, they don't need a overt basketball._niko
- Its important to them that its clearly a basketball team. Many ppl know who the Knicks are, not the Nets.CygnusZero4
- Ppl who arent sports fans know the Knicks and know the Garden. Not the case with the Nets.CygnusZero4
- The ball is helping spread the word visually about what they are.CygnusZero4
- the lower middle one looks like tighty-whity underwear. With cup.randommail