- Last post
- 38 Responses
I can't believe you guys paid it off,
because it was one hell of a racket,
At least you paid your debt without going to war with anyone,
hmmmm wait a min....
Germany will finally clear its First World War debt by repaying nearly £60million this weekend.
The £22billion reparations were set by the Allied victors – mostly Britain, France and America – as compensation and punishment for the 1914-18 war.
The reparations were set at the Treaty of Versailles on June 28, 1919, by the Allied victors - mostly Britain, France and America.
Most of the money was intended to go to Belgium and France, whose land, towns and villages were devastated by the war, and to pay the Allies some of the costs of waging it.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/…
anyone find this wrong?
or am I a lone wolf here
Damned, they can start saving up again...
I was in Berlin in 2007. On the subway station there was a count down timer for when the train would arrive which included seconds. The train arrived exactly when the timer said it would.
Germans truly are awesome. At least when it comes to engineering and industry.
- Come to switzerland :-)noel
- not most of the people...oey
- I live here. And I have never once been impressed by 'German engineering'. It's a lie.Bargels
- On the bedpost above every German girl you bed is a clock. After precisely 179 seconds, she will come, as arranged.NonEntity
- Japan does this too. Hmmmm....mg33
- German trains don't always run on time, travel in the west and southern regions.Mimio
I love my 1989 Mercedes 260e. Germans are awesome.
I love when the Spanish Police on his antiterrorist checkpoints points me with his HK G-36, Germans are awesome.
timed perfectly to coincide with 20 years of german reunification
If I've only got £60 to spare, can I at least give a Jew a dead leg?
i was informed a train was going to be 1 minute late in a german train station. Berlin is great.
is there another berlin in germany you went to? I‘ve never seen a count down timer with seconds here... and last summer half of all s-bahn trains were down because breaks weren‘t maintained properly, you had to wait 20-30 min during rush hour... so much for excellent german engineering...
Facts and trivia:
Germany never formally accepted the Oder-Neiss eastern border with Poland. The post WW2 Yalta and Potsdam Conferences left this to be resolved in a peace treaty between the two countries which never materialized.
I was born in Germany, and I currently live in Germany. I always thought it was a great place. Now that I've returned, and after living in the Netherlands for 3 years, I can't stop thinking and noticing that Germans make such an effort on not being Germans that they become more German. No fucking sense of humor, they know everything, are certainly not polite etc...Nice girls though, even if they should move more while having sex!
- ... and shave more!goldieboy
- hahahahaha! teenagers shave!oey
- you might have a point here, oeypressplay
- but at least we’re not as annoying as the spanish who always have to stress how cool and funny and relaxed they arepressplay
- ... and spirited and sun-kissed and good-looking and naturally good dancers and blah blahpressplay
- but that about the spanish is true! dutch think they're best and their society is the thing.oey
- germans are ok mostly but too uptight. too political correct (history) and very conservativeoey
- sometimes it's really difficult to connect or explain them there's a different world out thereoey
- yeah, might be true about the spanish... but could they just stop bragging about it, ffs!pressplay
- hahahaha! yes please! hahaha!oey
- yeah... methinks oey is doing it wrong.Amicus