- Last post
- 225 Responses
Honestly, Arthur C. Clarke is a fucking genius.
- Maybe, but he couldn't write a woman.Nairn
- Except for his "great ape and monkey kingdom" servants analogy.utopian
- That wisecrack about health insurance. Wow. There's so much brilliance here. Imagine the conversations between him and Isaac Asimov.CyBrainX
- You also have to love that idea about replicators while Gene Roddenberry was conceiving Star Trek.CyBrainX
Dear fellow creatives,
Copywriters will probably be the first go with the next 18 months because of ChatGTP and other AI platforms. I recently used ChatGTP to write a 500 word blog post for our company website...and within 15 seconds it was completed. I carefully reviewed what ChatGTP spit out, and I could not believe how thoughtful, well-written and on-point the blog post article was.
Will ChatGTP win a Pulitzer Prize for journalism?...probably not, but FFS...the AI's writing ability was nothing short of astonishing!
As for illustrators, designers, musicians, architects, etc...either "adapt, evolve or go extinct". Because if you don't except the new reality of a world driven by AI (EVERYTHING!)...many of you will be searching for a new line work within the next couple of years.
- All copywriting will turn out the same, maybe even identicaldrgs
- While it's amazing, it's also to well-rounded. People will start looking for that 'edge', the bias of a human, to prove authenticity.formed
- But yeah, I had it write a dozen things for me just to see. Not perfect stuff, but saves me tons of time (I'll still re-write).formed
- It's adequate for generic, vanilla corporate blog posts. But no way will it replace musicians.zardoz
- As for illustrators, designers, musicians, architects, etc...either "adapt, evolve or go extinct" isn't that pretty much the standard career arc for designers?jonny_quest_lives
- like what is an AI proponents view of a typical agency workflow that leads one to believe it's inefficient in someway?jonny_quest_lives
- from the thumbnail sketch all the way through client pitch the typical agency workflow is pretty lean... as most agencies don't get paid for pitchesjonny_quest_lives
- agency wins pitch... then the client notes come in, revisions until launch, multiformatting for social, av and print, then client may want one off events...jonny_quest_lives
- it will be another tool but the doom and gloom is really overrated. Personally it will end up being used as a more robust stock asset when legalities settlejonny_quest_lives
- Companies like Disney will prob train/create their own Diffusion software and will be overly litigious against commercially available toolsjonny_quest_lives
- AI solves it all though amirite? client notes? revisions? pivot to new creative? Legal clearances for key art? Talent approval? AI solves it.jonny_quest_lives
- take a deep breath everything will be ok...jonny_quest_lives
- Design has never simply been about creating a visual or copy... Design is problem solving.jonny_quest_lives
- ^ all this
AI changes nothing for career profesionals.
Just a tool long term, just hype short termgrafician
- Don't stop believing!utopian
- entertained by the concept that consumer tastes will evolve to appreciate edgy human content over AI, like it's not capable of creating individually targetedkingsteven
- content and that's not more effective than a single campaign or brand. or that the entire client/ studio experience with revisions, UX can't be replicatedkingsteven
- Just like humans can intuitively recognize a scammy website from a normal one, we will soon be able to tell AI copywriting from human copywritingdrgs
- i dunno, i work primarily in editorial production and my biological voight kampff has been tingling for yearskingsteven
Someone accidentally asks a question to an AI that makes it find God. Like, The God. And we're just left here alone, outside Eden, scratching our genitals for our share in the remainder of eternity.
ENG will lose to Wales (on purpose)
Some languages, over others, will be found to be able to speak more capably with early gAI if and when it starts to come about.
- *some human languages, I mean.
not fucking Python.Nairn
- I'm betting on Basque.
Those wily mountain/ocean bastards,
playing the long-game.Nairn
- Ancient Etruscans be like all fuck y'all, when's my turn again?Nairn
- My thesis is - earlier human languages will be better inter-mediums for communication with gAI. There, I said it. Strike me down as a hippy.Nairn
- Whats gAIdrgs
- small g.
ever so small g.
tiny, but intense.Nairn
- er.. g-spot.
tiny intense g-spot.
not tiny gynecologicals.
Oh jesus, wtf have i said?Nairn
- We, the basques, always play the looong game, you know;)
We are few, but we are rudeOBBTKN
- *some human languages, I mean.
I will live long enough to see indentured servitude and universal basic income existing in different countries in the West.
Brett Johnsons' insane life story will be made into a movie . Soon.