- Last post
- 7 Responses
what's going on here this week?
Everybody's working. Indesign this, PDF that, CSS the other.
Makes a change from guns and trump.
I know there are scripts that can export PSD layers and name files with that meta data. I wonder if the same can be done in InDesign. I can't imagine it'd be identical since you can't name individual pages in it (except masters), and nobody designs using layers for different pages. Hmmm...
If anyone is good at scripting for Indesign, something like:
— Export each page and name it like Paragraph Style X text on that same page.
That would be handy to have..
I'd say start renaming PDF files asap. ;)
how unique are we talking?
like stuff.pdf, table.pdf, oranges.pdf?
^ Yup, thats the first part. The second part is renaming the files from "Unnamed-1" etc to a unique name..
Is there a way to give pages a name instead of pagination?
- Type > Text VariablesMorning_star
- Nope, I need it the other way. This types the document name on the page. But I need a page-text to the document name!mekk
- so you want magic where the file name is pulled from a title in a page of a pdf... c'mon, they have to be typed or pastedmonospaced
- exactly. the thing is, we have a few hundred pages for each product category. Renaming by hand would take ages and result in errors.mekk
- it would not take ages, trust me, you'll easily spend more time looking for an automated solution that would probably also result in errorsmonospaced
- Yes but I want to build a solid workflow for the future, we have a lot of such projects.mekk
- Interns make that workflow so much easier ;)monospaced
- What about Exporting Jpegs from InDesign then batch processing a name changein Potatoshop/Bridge?Morning_star
- ...Then making individual PDFs from the Jpegs obv.Morning_star
- because he'd still have to manually enter each of hte hundreds of namesmonospaced
- Oh, they're unique and not sequenced. He's fucked.Morning_star
sounds to be a task for Acrobat Pro... Not for inDesign...
I have a large InDesign-File with some hundred pages containing packaging labels.
How do I export them all to be a single PDF per page with a unique name without having to rename it then?