- Last post
- 113 Responses
What a shitfest!
Where for a European, a fact is a fact, for us Americans, the real, if it is relevant at all, is simply symbolic appearance. We are a nation of twenty million bathrooms, with a humanist in every tub. One such humanist I used to hear of on Cape Cod had, on growing rich, installed two toilets side by side in his marble bathroom, on the model of the two-seater of his youth. He was a clear case of Americanism, hospitable, gregarious, and impractical, a theorist of perfection. Was his dream of the conquest of poverty a vulgar dream or a noble one, a material demand or a spiritual insistence? It is hard to think of him as a happy man, and in this too he is characteristically American, for the parity of the radio, the movies, and the washing machine has made Americans sad, reminding them of another parity of which these things were to be but emblems.
- Mary McCarthy
The Humanist in the Bathtub
- zappa loves tvsarahfailin
- Zappas shot would be more interesting than 90% of tv_niko
- Poop Shootutopian
- Frank's Crappababaganush
- a finally, boris johnson brexit conference is on TVmilfhunter
- I like how Zappa’s just slapped in therefuturefood
- This was from a Life Magazine issue showing rock stars with their parents in 1971. https://www.life.com…CyBrainX