- Last post
- 124 Responses
Are you on Metabook?
You know that's what eveyone will end up calling it.
Meta is already taken - meaning the new crypto meta verse of NFTs and on chain data.
The best thing for the majority of the great unwashed would be to actually Meet-A-Book, but I digress.
- @1.30 he says "Wait it disappear." huh?shapesalad
- It's awe-inspiring how bad this is. Especially considering it's not even the real product, just a proof of concept.yuekit
- Nerds need to be put back in their boxes.Nairn
- woooo everybody is happyi_was
- This is just playstation home from like 2000 but with a headsetscarabin
- Microsoft-level cringe!mort_
- "To enable this meta verse, we will require more information from you and your organisation - internal documents, organisational charts, emails, all welcomed"grafician
- morans will happily donatehans_glib
- can barely keep up with Slack and email, this jerk wants us to fucking LIVE in the company at all times virtual and live
Mark plans his own party.
"Mark Zuckerberg is inviting you into his metaverse"
"When I clicked on the link to Zuckerberg's video announcement, I thought it was a joke at first, maybe a "deep fake." Someone seemed to have modeled Zuckerberg's face and gestures pretty well, but the guy in the video was so robotic, surely he must have been an avatar.
But no, this was the real Facebook founder, joining his most trusted employees in pitching the metaverse, Facebook's proprietary new virtual world of worlds where we are supposed to do our working, playing and socializing forever more.
This isn't intended to be some casual digital simulation we enter and leave at will. Zuckerberg wants the metaverse to ultimately encompass the rest of our reality -- connecting bits of real space here to real space there, while totally subsuming what we think of as the real world.
In the virtual and augmented future Facebook has planned for us, it's not that Zuckerberg's simulations will rise to the level of reality, it's that our behaviors and interactions will become so standardized and mechanical that it won't even matter."
Metadata is defined as the data providing information about one or more aspects of the data;