- Last post
- 382 Responses
Does anyone have advice on building deep learning machines? I have a question about GPUs...
I'm putting shopping list together to build a box—and I'm a mac guy so this is my first build.
In fact I actually don't really know much about python either so I'm just learning as well...
I'm interested in the computer vision aspects of AI, OpenCV, Pytorch, etc.
So for my expected tasks, video frame generating capability for interpolation will require power and I've been reading up on NVIDIA GPUs, but a friend recco'd EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB,
Is there any difference in the brands or is one better than the other??
I'd like to drop it in a Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX. so any thoughts, suggestions, quips would be appreciated...
- Might have more luck finding info/asking this in the AI/deep learning subreddits?grafician
- But sure, here you go https://hackernoon.c…grafician
- All his stuff is good: https://timdettmers.…grafician
- BUT ffsake robo don't use this rig for generating deep fakes lolgrafician
- lol, mostly intrigued by image AI sharpening, coloring, interpolation, animation, restoration. Thanks I appreciate.robotron3k
3D from 2D
Do we event want AI?
- Depends upon what you mean by AI. We should be wary about AGI, but that's a LONG way off. Most of what we have today is ML, which is a super useful toolNairn
- It's just fancy statistics, really.
Mind you, human consciousness is probably 'just' super fancy statisticsNairn
- Do we even want humans, is what we should be asking after recent eventsyuekit
- Ha nice onepseud
- @Nairn yeah I can see you mean. Do we even want ML to develop? This automation that it leads to, the implications of it seem more complex than we understand?pseud
Here we go...
"MOSCOW, June 26, 2020, 00:00
A Russian design studio has developed an AI designer and, for over a year, have been passing it off as a human. To date, the network has been used successfully in over 20 of the studio’s commercial projects.
Art. Lebedev Studio has come up with an AI genuinely capable of handling complex creative tasks, such as generating completely original logos and creating brand identities based on them.
The project was developed in complete secrecy by an isolated team at the Studio. In the name of conspiracy, the AI was introduced as a remote employee with his own profile, portfolio, and name — Nikolay Ironov. This meant the team could manage any risk of leaks, while also gathering valuable feedback from clients on Nikolay Ironov’s work — free from any prejudice against generative design.
The results exceeded all expectations. Over the last 12 months, Ironov has developed logos for real clients (cafes, bars, influencers, apps and consumer goods)."
And "his" "portfolio" https://www.artlebedev.ru/nikola…
- i was thining 'Art.Lebedev?' Smells like bullshit then.
Then I saw the work, hahaNairn
- For comparison, see some pretty original and good design in this portfolio: https://www.kevinhoe…grafician
- To my eye his portfolio looks done by a human. Art.Leb are able to get away with that shit because of their name, and I assume - human-made mockupsNairn
- Some of the end product actually looks pretty good - but the most stuff does when rendered out of 6" cut and bent perspex..Nairn
- Yeah they're good with mockups.grafician
- Isnt that the same studio that put little tiny screens on the top of keyboard keys?cannonball1978
- That's the one. They did do it in the end, but a long time after and not anywehre near as well as first suggested. And ridiculously expensive.Nairn
- I imagine that tech's a lot more doable now. I'd not be too surprised if Apple tried it out sometime. Perhaps even just a B&W eInk layer.Nairn
- https://www.kevinhoe… this looks dope depending on the manufacturing quality i would buy itsted
- @cannonball1978 yeah and some other nice things lol :D
@Nairn it's an experiment.sted
- still better than wolff olins_niko
- Looks like clip art flavoured by a few of those daft design-trends YT vids.MrT
Xi Jinping is using artificial intelligence to enhance his government’s totalitarian control—and he’s exporting this technology to regimes around the globe
"China’s ascent to AI supremacy is a menacing prospect: The country’s political structure encourages, rather than restrains, this technology’s worst uses."
Clients loved this designer’s work.
Turns out, he was an AI
A Russian design firm passed off computer-generated work as human, and it’s a peek at things to come.
- TL I posted this like 2 posts ago mate, it's old news, like 2 months ago, fastcompany is never fast with the news lolgrafician
- AI design looks very colourful, warped, distorted and wonky.shapesalad
- Kind of like someone pooped in a toilet poured in Kool-Aid and swirled it aroundHayoth
Another Arrest, and Jail Time, Due to a Bad Facial Recognition Match
A New Jersey man was accused of shoplifting and trying to hit an officer with a car. He is the third known Black man to be wrongfully arrested based on face recognition.
This technology is such fucking garbage. Goddamn I am sick of the tech industry. Burn it all down