- Last post
- 73 Responses
Brewers vs. Cubs tonight for game three. cross your fingers that the Brewers dont blow chunks tonight, again.
Just got home from Chavez Ravine...what a game! Billingsly's first shutout! And they play to end the game; another beauty by Russel Martin (who had 2 RBIs tonight)! Dodgers and Angels in the WS.
You heard it here first.
If the sox send Manny to florida, they wont even make the playoffs. so long boston dynasty!
my predictions then:
AL = Angels (al west), Twins (al central), devilrays (al east), yankees (al wildcard)
NL = Dodgers (nl west), Cubs (al central), mets (nl east), marlins (nl wild card)
world series = angels vs cubs(wish it were the dodgers)...angels win.
- rays rays...shit I cant stop saying devilrays.threadpost
- i'd actually like to see the rays going somewhere, i just dont think they can hang on...Greedo
- mostly road games for them in august, and they've kinda been sucking it up...Greedo
- if the red sox dont make the playoffs this year, that hardly means end of dynasty, sonGreedo
- the loss of manny does.threadpost
F MANNY RAMIREZ.
That guy is a cancer!!!!
We're looking good this year and should be even better now we have Teixeira.
WHITESOX!! We got Griffey...it's time for him to follow in his pops footsteps
Threadpost, if they get rid of Manny they are going to be getting Jason Bay who is pretty productive and will be in a situation that may help him even more. A healthy David Ortiz is a help too. I wouldn't rule out a repeat, but it's near impossible these days to not do that.
I love / hate Manny Ramirez. I love his production, but hate his attitude, and I think the funniest part of this trade is that they are going to send him to a stadium that hasn't sold out a game in years.
Angels pretty much sealed up their destiny anyway regardless of these trades.
- We're going all the way kids, make no mistake, D-backs are entering a world of hurt.JG_LB
- Getting into the playoffs with a sub .500 team wouldn't give me much optimism.
- Stranger things have happened. There's a lot of good things going on in LA. I can feel it, stats aside.JG_LB
- If anything, this portrait of Torre is quality.JG_LB
- LA: "arrive by the 3rd, leave by the 7th"Greedo
If the Pirates get rid of Jason Bay ... this may finally be the nail in the coffin for me.
I think Manny makes almost as much as the entire Marlins, how's that gonna work out? No way can they afford to sign him for next year... And why not trade Bay, he's not doing you any good with a below .500 team...
- He's the only fucking player on our G-ddamn team. He has said constantly he wants to play in Pittsburgh his whole career.flavorful
- NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY IN PITTSBURGH, hahah.flavorful
- Our new GM is trying to leave a mark ... by doing exactly what has put us in this position the past 16 years.flavorful
- At least this year we're not filling up the Cubs roster like we usually do.flavorful
- The Pirates are a fucking Triple AAA club in the Majors. It's fucking so aggravating following them.flavorful
- Triple AAA is a little harsh - but basically we're a farm system team for every other MLB practically.flavorful
- so's tampa, so's kansas city, so's colorado... small markets cant really compete unless they get luckyGreedo
- umm Col was in WS last yearBattleAxe
Flavorful, your boy Bay plays in Tampa now.
i'm hearing rumors that manny go traded to the dodgers, i can't access any of the boston sports sites, so there might be some truth to it... innernetz blowing up
Manny is going to Los Angeles Dodgers. Jason Bay is going to Boston. Both teams are helping out the Pirates with prospects.
farewell manny, we hardly knew ye...
thanks for the rings and all the dingers and your fast release and your baserunning foibles...
and the nastiest dreads in the majors. and naming all your kids manny. and going to car shows when you should be in training camp. and for all your wacky handshakes. and for that really suspiciously gay friendship you had with julien tavarez. sigh. end of an era.
Hey ManRam - Good luck with Torre! You self centered douche!
"Hearing that the Red Sox will send Craig Hansen and Brandon Moss to Pittsburgh, which will also receive Dodgers third baseman Andy LaRoche and Double-A pitcher Bryan Morris in the deal. The Red Sox would receive Jason Bay From Pittsburgh and the Dodgers get Ramirez."
This is fucking bullshit, we're getting hosed! We're getting Jason Bay for one of the greatest hitters ever and a really good pitching prospect? WTF!!!!
Off-season plan. Pick up Texiera for sick money. Suck it up for a year with an extra all-star infielder, let Lowell go. Youk back at Third - Texiera at first. Red Sox win the world series in 2009.