- Last post
- 225 Responses
suicide rate will spike globally
- I’m betting, or hoping it goes the other way, by eliminating all the bullshit stress I’m life we’ll see we can live simply, in harmony with each other and natur_niko
- I'm with you nikoOBBTKN
- when you dont have money problems its ok. But just think about people struggling paying rent, food, etc...Bennn
Ivanka Trump will be the first female president of the US
After over a 100k extra Americans die needlessly from C19 as a direct result of their president's mismanagement, Trump is tried under new legislation and executed.
Not even his ex-rabid fuckwit hick base raises a peep.
"A Long Bet always starts with a prediction. All predictions should come with an argument in support, a financial pledge, and an end-date. The minimum term for a prediction is two years; there is no maximum term. A prediction becomes a bet when a challenger comes forward with a counterargument. The predictor may then choose to make a bet with the challenger. The predictor and challenger will agree on a wager, and each will choose a charitable cause to receive the winnings. When the end-date for the bet passes, The Long Now Foundation adjudicates the bet and donates the proceeds to the winner’s charity of choice."
Don't ask how, it's not our place.
But it's going to happen.
- how about nanotextile battery in 50-100 years?sted
- i worked on a pitch for bluetooth nikes in 2004, i feel USB socks may finally pave the way.kingsteven
- Will you gets a warning if you put on inside out?MrT
- They'll be based on the USB Mini-B spec, so you'll have to try each one on three times before you get the fit the right way around.Nairn
Unfortunately, while I predict the collapse of ad agency holding companies, they will probably get a bailout that will solely go to the executive class.
If this drags out much longer, demand for sex dolls
The year is 2113
Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people, die from an airborne virus.
Trump will die of Covid in the coming months.
Trump gets it. Declares a State of Emergency and postpones the election until he 'recovers', drags it out forever in court, inciting riots and violence to keep us all distracted along the way.
He'll blame the "Deep State" for poisoning him and making an assassination attempt. He'll bring in armed forces to enforce curfews and bring martial law, declaring himself the Ultimate Greatest Greatness Ever.
[writing that it sounds dangerously close to something he would actually do]
- How is Netflix not producing this already?sr_rosa
- Then invades Poland.Sandder
- he would be blind enough do follow fru , me thinks.neverscared
- Writing this on June 13 (about a month later). Shockingly prescient with the whole riots and curfews and martial law bit.monNom
This summer an intense heatwave hits the planet, power grids fail in major markets, crypto millionares and billionaires become homeless overnight...
re: Heat Waves - It was particularly hot and sunny last week here in UK/LDN, and I found the 'quality' of it quite disconcerting. It's early May and the sunlight was INTENSE - sort of like dry days in really hot, arid climates with totally clear skies. I was getting constantly blinded by reflected glares from cars and such. I began idly wondering at this, surmising that perhaps the huge drop in airplane travel was reducing particulate haze at certain altitudes, which normally deflect or scatter incoming sunlight. Not totally crazy - much the same was measured in the days after 9/11 when transatlantic air travel was stopped.
What began worrying me was that if that's the case, then we're now reliant on our emissions to protect us from the intensity of sunlight, which .. well, that wouldn't be Good.
So, prediction: Like alcoholics trying to treat their addictions, we're going to have to gradually taper off emissions even if we somehow came up with fully-functioning fusion tomorrow, elsewise we'll all end up like gingers in Australia, hiding from the sun.
- was discussing similar over the weekend. Everything seems as though it's on fast forward. Environmentally, politically, scientifically.Fax_Benson
- Nice alcoholic reference.ideaist
- Feels very apt at the moment, Ideaist :\Nairn
- @fax - socially and economically too. Although I suppose they'd be umbrella'd under 'Politically'.
'Interesting times' indeed.Nairn
- If anything, Coronavirus is shining a huge light on all the teeter-tottering human systems on the brink of disaster.
Next step: War.Nairn
- An interesting visual comparison of Euro flight traffic versus a year prior..
- Actually having unlimited energy would explode capitalism and consumerism accelerating our destruction of the environment.grafician