- Last post
- 225 Responses
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
— Niels Bohr
set will punch me in the face even if I'm nice to him
The Earth will lose. Big.
Biden vs. Christie
- Biden will be dead of natural causes. And Christie will have a quadruple bypassutopian
- If they allow Christie to stay moderate, he'd gain NE liberal votes.ETM
- He'd have to lose some. Appearances do hold a lot of... weight.ETM
- "They" hate his moderate stance lately. House Republicans don't give a shit about blue state needs (Sandy)CyBrainX
US will take over Mexico
AAPL will fall to 400s next week.
hate to say this but Obama will have an attempt on his life this term :(
One day they will do a Wild West version of the Knight Rider... Kit is now a talking horse..
tomorrow will be friday
We have angered the Mayan gods
Georges will be named "QBN Moderator Supreme" in 2015.
in a few years self-driving vehicles will gain traction and the trucking/transport industry will be one of its biggest casualties.
hundreds of thousands of middle-aged, overweight men with no other skills will suddenly find themselves fucked
- I though of that but i think they will be operators to monitor the truck computers dont malfunction. prob they will be able to double loads, 10 yrs full auto?yurimon
- half the amount working? increase in tech maintenance, tech people?yurimon
- if you have a self-driving truck the ability to monitor it remotely isn't much of a stretchscarabin
- though i do think it will take some time for people to accept them as safe, perhaps even an entire generationscarabin
- yeah techs and mechanics will be finescarabin
- they are only dangerous if they go on the streets of today, isn't it more likely that they build separate transportways and operate the thing more like a trainArchitectofFate
- prob the the hov lanes will eventually be turned over?yurimon
- If 1000 of them went out and actively shot at (to disable) drive-less trucks, logistic companies would have to hire a load of cheap security officers. Which mPeter
- ,,,which means lots of more jobs for middle-aged, overweight men with no other skills.Peter
once self-driving cars become more popular, vehicles will begin to be marketed as places of comfort and leisure, with options such as dvd players becoming standard. we will feign responsibility and alertness during trips out of habit but we all know what we want and will eventually get are sleep options.
it will begin with confusion over whether texting while "driving" is still illegal
- everything you said here, except the part about dvd players.Al_dizzle
- *media playersscarabin
- Interiors will be like 1st class international flights - mini beds, bar and tv. Sounds good to me!formed
- as long as there are manual drivers out there, i wouldn't sleepdrgs
Smaller prediction, but I think videography and movies will jump to the next level soon. It's almost there, but what's held back a lot is that you still need to operate a steadicam for decent playback. It's a pain in the ass (I know, I have two and suck at using both).
Gimbal's are going way down in price, thanks to drones. Once you can get a decent one for a few hundred buck and a great 4k camera for a few hundred more, or some kind of phone with glass available (Sony had the right idea with those lenses that were controlled with a smart phone, just a weird item to grasp..yet).
Only a handful of years ago we had to bolt a rig with gyroscopes to a helicopter and put a $100k camera in there w/ a dedicated operator. Not cheap. Now you can get better video with a toy.
Then with editing being able to be done on a tablet, etc., the possibilities get much bigger.
[Reliable] entertainment is changing too. Up until Netflix, you had to rely on knowing an actor or director to 'judge' a movie. Now that Netflix has a stellar reputation, everyone will watch anything they produce. Amazon is close behind.
I hope these converge and you get more quality with less cost (and less "stars").
- Good comments. I agree with (almost) everything.youngdesigner
- I kind of agree. Though people have been saying this since the 80's - camcorders! vhs! mini-dv! etc.inteliboy
- as vod becomes the new standard, atleast in the near future, will pre-vod movies soar and theatrical releases be something you tell future generations about orArchitectofFate
- yeah, it's been said before, but I think this time all the pieces are there. The stabilization is a really key to looking "professional"formed
- I should say "part" of the key, obviously there's a lot to making a film, but that's always the first giveawayformed
- Theatrical movies will be around indefinitely. I think Star Wars is proving that big time.CyBrainX
- I really want a drone but I know I'll make a mistake and end up getting the military shooting down my flying GoPro.CyBrainX
- I hope cinemas keep the crowds coming. People do love spending money on stuff, doing stuff, going out, breakfast, dinners, shows. So it's not dire yet.inteliboy
- Stabilising and drones shots have changed the game for sure -- we've had a drone on nearly every outdoors shoot this year.inteliboy
- plus the alexa mini is a godsend on one of those things.inteliboy
- Check the DJI Osmo camera. Handheld 4K witha gimbal for $700.stoplying
- it's been said before but it was also true... look at the success of Youtube. However totally agree that this revolution isn't finished yet with more to comes.sephil